-Vision Fellowship-Public Forum-

Return to Website

Just follow the freakin rules, wudja?

1. Post anonymously=get banned from chat. (maybe)
2.Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
3.Keep people's names out unless it is a compliment.

4.Comments pertaining to www.jeffmyers.blogspot.com belong there not on this forum.
5. Follow the freakin rules.
6. If someone does break the rules or offends you, let me worry about it. Don't start telling me i'm unfair about how I run this.
7. And lastly, just as Tool stated on his forum, "If you don't like it don't read it". But don't complain!!
--**No one likes a complainer**--

Just follow the freakin rules, wudja?
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Wake up and examine your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The following is a post as it originally appeared. It contained some interesting content so I will repost it. But if the person who posted it will please have the guts to put their name up. It would be more noble for them than someone else giving them up. (which sooner or later will be done)

Re: Wake up and examine your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(For starters I have been wanting to say this to everyone for a long time. I'm not going to beat around the bush with this post)
Everyone needs to look at themselves and examine themselves seriously. I've noticed that alot of our young kids are acting kinda wordly when it comes to boy/girl relationships. You can protest all you like and deny it, but it's still true. In the way they dress and "cuddle", they're not really sending the best message. Girls, did you know that your decisions in clothing will affect whether or not someone is acting Christ-like or not? Think about it, if you're wearing a shirt that's "only" one inch above your waistline and you "sashay" down the street, guess what is moving the most? Your backside. And when something is moving, it generally catches the eye, right? Well, that backside is topped off with one inch of skin that should be covered. Now imagine a boy is walking behind you. What do you think is the first thing he notices? Do I even have to say it? And do I have to say what is going through his head? Jesus said, "If you cause one of my children to sin, it would be better if you were drowned." Not a pleasant experience. Now you might be saying, "But I can't find anything that fits me!" or "I didn't know until I took off my sweatshirt or until I got outside!" Hey, if Barlowgirl can find clothes to fit can't we? Don't be ashamed because you need to wear a large instead of a medium to cover that skin. God won't judge you by what shirt size you wear. But he will judge you by how short your shirts are. I've heard people say that it's either show some at the bottom or show some at the top. Who says? Can't you just wear a bigger size so it fits in both places? Pants. They don't only come in hiphugger or low rise. Get some that actually fit your body!!!! The saying, "If you got it, flaunt it." is NOT in the Bible.
Guys don't think you're getting off the hook because now I'm really mad. You can't tell your girlfriends how to dress, but you can give your opinion. Tell them their pants are too low or their shirts are too small. Ask them not to wear it around you. If they get mad and dump you, then they weren't worth it. Wouldn't you rather give up an unworthy girlfriend than an eternity in heaven? You shouldn't even think have to think about that question.
Cuddling. It makes you think of fires, warm cozy blankets, and your boyfriend/girlfriend's arms around you. WHOA! Let's stop there. Everyone I know will give you this excuse, "Well, we're not doing 'it'. We're just hugging." Since when was hugging putting your hands around your bf/gf's hindquarters? Don't protest. I've seen it and it grossed me out. What if you don't marry that person? Are you sure you want to tell your husband/wife that you allowed those liberties with another person? Some people would call that sexual harassment. That was considered immoral only about 50 years ago. What should our moral standings change? They shouldn't! You may think you're on safe ground with your bf/gf, but let me tell you something. As long as Satan exists, you will NEVER be on safe ground with your bf/gf. There will always be temptations and hormones. Don't give them an inch! Because they will literally crawl all over you. I know I've been there. So maybe before you recline the chair or start to lay on the sofa, think about this. Would you want to in that position when Jesus comes back? Because he's coming back. Of that I'm sure. And if he catches you in that position, well, you can kiss those wings goodbye. If you've read Joshua Harris you might know that he and his wife didn't even put their arms around each others shoulders!!! And we(I said WE) are putting our arms around each others backsides? Are we really that immature? "Oh as long as we're not doing 'it' we're okay." Well, guess again. God first, bf/gf second. Your bf/gf doesn't decide your fate. YOU do.

Wow

i what are you trying to say, we should tell our g/f's to take a burlap potatoe sack and cut holes in the bottom and wear tht for clothes, or better yet, should they wrap themselves up in a 20'by 40' tarp to avoid exposing their body? I seriously dont think tht u would tell ur grls to do tht. Who exactly is this thread going out to? ( your kids or Us)?

o well that's all for now, Imma go and dig up some of my pop's old corn sacks and start makin my imaginary soul mate some pants.

Later.

I never saw a couple grabbin anothers buttox, but hey who am i to say it.

I hear ya curt. I'm not too sure where she is going with this one. But how about everyone who reads this post, ask the author to do the right and noble thing, following the rules and post their name. I for one want them to post their name. it would be ashame to exploit them.

DEAR ANONYMOUS, SINCE I DON'T KNOW WHETHER YOU ARE A PARENT OR NOT I HAVE TWO THINGS TO SAY #1 IF YOU ARE A PARENT HAVE YOU TALKED TO YOUR KIDS ABOUT THE THINGS YOU MENTIONED? I MEAN BOTH SONS AND DAUGHTERS TELL THEM AS LONG AS THEY ARE LIVING UNDER THE SAME ROOF AS YOU THEY WILL ABIDE BY YOUR RULES AND IF THEY BREAK THE RULES THEY CAN'T GO OUT THIS WEEKEND.I WOULD TALK TO BOTH BF/GF OF MY KIDS TELL THEM TO GET THIS STRAIGHT AND EXPLAIN TO THEM THE CONSEQUENCES OF BREAKING THE RULES..NO I DON'T MEAN THE PART ABOUT NOT GOING OUT THIS WEEKEND ETC....AND TELL THEM YOU DON'T CARE IF THEY ARE OVER 18 RULES ARE RULES.ALSO DON'T PARENTS TELL THEIR DAUGHTERS NOT TO BE SITTING ON THEIR BOYFRIENDS LAPS AND TO THEIR SONS NOT TO BE HOLDING THEIR GIRLFRIENDS ON THEIR LAPS?? OH YEAH WHILE I'M ON THE SUBJECT GIRLS ...I DON'T THINK ITS VERY KOSHER TO BE SITTING ON ANY GUYS SHOULDERS WITH YOUR LEGS WRAPPED AROUND THEIR KNECK EVEN IF YOU ARE JUST PLAYING AROUND.....THINK ABOUT IT. #2IF YOU ARE NOT A PARENT I THINK YOU SHOULD INFORM YOUR FRIENDS (A GIRL TO HER GIRL FRIENDS/A BOY TO HIS BOY FRIENDS)THAT THEIR ACTIONS/CLOTHES ARE INAPPOPRIATE FOR A CHRISTIAN...IF THEY GET MAD THEY WILL JUST HAVE TO GET GLAD AGAIN.
i AGREE WITH THE PERSON WHO WROTE THE POST....YES YOU GIRLS SHOW WAAAAAAAAY TOOOOOO MUCH ESPECAILLY OUT THE TOP OF YOUR SHIRTS (NO I DONT MEAN TO WEAR TURTLE KNECKS ALL THE TIME) JUST COVER IT UP A LITTLE MORE KK.I SAID MY PEICE AND I'M READY FOR ANY AND ALL FLAK SO BRING TI ON.
LOVE ALWAYS AUNT VAL

Aunt Val, congratulations! You have the heart of a champion Mom!! You are a mom we'd all be proud of speaking the truth regardless of who has a problem with it!!

Now if we can only get the other mom to post her name so people can accurately put two and two together.

C'mon be a responsible Christian Mom and set an example for you kids to never hide behind a mask. Or is it that you really don't stand behind what you wrote for some reason?

yea what he said

First off: As much as my hormones hate to hear it, I agree. Some girls do need lay off the provacative clothing.

Second: In defense of the starter (whose identity I dont know) of this post, I can understand not stating their name so that they dont "get killed", now I dont think it would go that far but you never can tell. Too many time Ive seen people treated bably or differently (not in a good way either) because of something that was said or done. I've especially seen it in our church which I find offending and pathetic. Too many parents are offended by someone offering advice or stating something that they dont agree with about the said parents children. So I can understand the fact that they didnt state their name. As to your rules, I believe that all rules except those in the Bible can be broken if the situation calls for it.

So we are trying to give our kids rules to follow, but at the same time opening breaking rules to do it. Good message.

Whoa nelly!! That's a lot to digest at one sitting.

To anonymous, first, if you are a parent of older teens or young adults, I hope that you have had this conversation with them, as you seem to feel very strongly about it. Second, no self respecting teen or young adult would take seriously someone who can't bring themselves to put their name to an opinion, especially if the opinion is that strong.

In regard to the opening about "getting killed," I hope you didn't mean that literally. I'm going to take it as figurative for "verbally killed," because I think the young folks deserve a lot more credit than just being a bunch of goons out to get revenge on anyone who doesn't agree with them. Some of the most amazing conversations I've ever had were with teens and young adults. I think, as adults, (yeah, I'm almost one) we need to stay in touch with our younger self, and remember we made it this far despite all the "wrong" things we did.

I do agree with you about showing too much skin, although what generation didn't jump on the latest style bandwagon? Hopefully, if and when this issue arises in my home, (and I'm sure it will), I'll be close enough to my kids that they'll want to please dad. (To Aunt Val, rite on. My kids won't leave the house unless they look respectable. What they do after they're out, I can only pray about. lol) I personally try not to judge someone by what they wear. Instead, get to know them, then judge them by what's on the inside.

Also, please clarify these two sentences, "God won't judge you by what shirt size you wear. But He will judge you by how short your shirts are."

They seem contradictory to me.

Now, the last paragraph is my favorite. Cuddling by the fire, warm cozy blanket, --------OOOOH, OOOOH, sorry, I got sidetracked there.

Seriously, I'm not even gonna pretend to be perfect. I've done my share of "cuddling", with many different "cuddlees", and not necessarily all from church.

Now, when the writer says, "What if you don't marry that person." Are we saying that if you "cuddle" (i.e. "mess around") with someone, that you should marry that person? [My wife knows about every single one of my previous "cuddlees," because we have an AMAZINGLY open relationship.] Exodus 22:16- "If a man seduces a virgin-----and SLEEPS with her, (not cuddles with her,) he must pay the bride price, and she shall be his wife."

I'm not saying it's okay to "cuddle", but just that you are not bound to that person for it.

I'm going to relate a very personal story that not many people know about because I think some benefit can be gained by the telling.

I and my wife almost weren't allowed to get married, because someone (ANONYMOUSLY) started a rumour that I was bound to another woman. The anonymous part is why this post struck a nerve with me. This person went to our pastor at the time, and to both sets of parents. Apparently, we were seen "cuddling," and this person just assumed the worst. Long story short, everyone that mattered (wife, parents, and present pastor) were able to realize the truth of the matter, and that this person was only using conjecture to fabricate a good story. The present pastor, my wife and I were able to sit down together, and he was able to point out that since we didn't do "it", as the writer refers to in the post, that we weren't bound to each other.

I'm telling this story to point out that I almost ruined my life, because, as the writer points out, our hormones were crawling all over us. I can't imagine what my life would be like without my amazing wife and three beautiful kids, because I know I never would have married the girl I was "bound" to. So I do agree with the writer on that point. We need to be very careful how far we let ourselves go.

Also, if there is anyone who feels like they are stuck in a relationship with someone just because they "cuddled", DON'T STAY IN AN UNHAPPY RELATIONSHIP. It will not get any better. Remember, no matter what you do, God's mercy is great, and His forgiveness knows no bounds. I'm living proof.

As for the last question in the post, "Are we really that immature?", umm-----no offense kids, but, yeeah----they're kids!!! They're just trying to find out who they are, just like we had to.

Luv ya all,
Russ

I don't mean to keep being the Amen Choir after each post. but I want this ANONYMOUS Mom to realize another time. Look at Russ's post. He put him self out there and in a vulnerable position to teach us young un-married kids N young adults something. Please post your name, oh ANonymous mom.. when you do, i'll simply say "Thanks for following the rules". Thanks

Stating and enforcing rules concerning clothing has nothing to do with breaking the rules for the reasons that I stated. If anyone has an emergency that requires them to dress inappropriately… well ‘nough said.

As to the statement: “God won't judge you by what shirt size you wear. But He will judge you by how short your shirts are." I think I get it, I believe anyway, that they were trying say that God wont look down on you or fault you because you wear a large size pant or shirt, but he will “fault” you if dress provocatively, in a way that might lead guys to lusting.

I have a question to ALL ADULTS , Would you be the person you are today if you did not make mistake in your past? I hear people say “I wish I had listen to my parents” and “Don’t make the same mistake I did”, but it’s a proven fact that humans learn by making mistakes and learning from those mistakes. Now I can see why adults don’t want kids to feel the pain that they felt, but is that fair to the kids. No one wants to feel pain (I don’t), BUT unless I make mistakes, I wont learn life’s lessons. Some things can’t be taught (by humans) they can only be learned learned. (I know doesn’t make sense, but really think about what that sez)

I really need to ask this. Is this post about the younger generation in our church or the fact that someone didn’t post their name? I’m starting lose track. People is really that big of a deal that someone didn’t post their name, the point of the post was to bring peoples attention the clothing and attitude of the youth in our church. Hey if it will get people back to the subject at hand (which is a heck of lot more to me at least and I hope to the rest of the people talking) and will get people off the whole post-your-name thing, Put my name up there.

After saying that, It is time to wake up cause even Doonesbury has brought the topic up.
(October seconds Sunday comics, incase anyone cares)

-BJ-

Ps Thank for saying what you said Russ, I’m sure it took a lot to say it.

crime: posting anonomously
Verdict: guilty as charged
Thanks BJ for standing up for me. Jf, sorry I didn't obey the rules, but I'd hoped you would understand once you read the post. BJ, you nailed the shirt size thing right on. That was my point. And I didn't mean that girls had to wear burlap sacks but they can dress modestly.

(I can't believe you thought I was a mom! )

Now, the reason I posted anonomously, MY SISTERS WOULD HAVE KILLED ME!(verbally?) oh whatever. I told them before about their shirts and their cuddling, but they just get all offensive or offer some lame excuse. They say that because I'm younger than them that I can't tell that sort of stuff.
I realize why you thought I was a mom. Because I said(and I quote)"I know I've been there." I was talking about hormones. Even thought I'm only 14 I still get those annoying feelings. I try to fight them as best as I can. Ask my sisters, they'll tell you that I freak out if some guy even looks at me! Okay so it's not that extreme, but I don't like it.

Any other questions, comments, scoldings, rebukes?

Well Bethany, thanks for posting your name. I thought it was your mom. Bj, you can accurately see the point of posting ones name as you do each time. It draws off topic if we don't. I predict this topic will slack off. . . . . . .

Do you want the burlap!!!

Thanks, Curt, but I think I'll pass.

I don't even know what to say!!!!!!!!????????

Maybe I should have waited until Anonymous posted their name. I can't believe I put myself out there for a 14 YEAR OLD who has NO idea what it's all about. Part of me wants to laugh, but the biggest part of me is very angry.

Bethany, I hope you realize how serious this has become. If only one thing good has come out of this, I hope it would be that you learned you should never, EVER, misrepresent yourself, especially anonymously. You can't believe we thought you were a mom???? Maybe you should go back and read your post again!!!

If it was an issue you had with your sisters, a public forum is no place for it.

I'm going to stop now, before I say something I may regret.

Russ

Russ! I can partly imagine how you feel. But I cannot fully because i'm not in your shoes. But I will tell you this, I got mad respect for you for saying what you said even tho it was party not legit. I will consider banning her IP from posting on the blog if anything like this comes up again.

i know other people already covered this but i have to comment; God judges by our heart not by what we wear, although the Bible does tell us to dress modestly we would do alot better off if we took a better look at ourselves instead of worrying what others are doing wrong.

as far as the actions of bf/gf, we should be very careful but once again we should depend on God and shut our mouths. im sick of people worrying about how everyone else is living their lives in this church. no of us are perfect even though some think they are we've all made many mistakes and done things we've regret but God tells us we are forgiven when we ask.
i don't mean that we shouldn't try and serve God, we should but it is between ourselves and God. As someone once said to me enough of my preaching; im out of here. if someone has a problem with what i said: you'll get over it!

if i hear flak about this, so what i spoke my mind. im out of here.

I support Bethany. She had the guts to say something that she is concerned about. She was wrong not posting her name, though. Why can't she bring up the subject? I know she is young, but she was considered seriously until you knew her age. If her mom had posted you would have treated this differently.

(JF, she is allowed to have opinions as well. Why would you block her name?)

Who are younger people who've never been in a relationship supposed to look up to? How do they know how to act around a bf/gf? By watching older siblings, friends, etc. The young teenagers, like Bethany, are at the age now when they start noticing things like this. Aren't we supposed to set a Christian example for them in the way we act toward bf/gfs?

Younger kids also look up to older siblings, friends, and relatives to see how to dress. Little girls are dressing in the same styles as teenagers because they think it's "cool" to copy the older girls.

Do teenagers and older girls really know how far is too far in shirts and pants before a guy is tempted?
I'm assuming each guy has different things that tempt him, but I wouldn't want to cause someone to sin just because I couldn't wear clothes that covered me.

1 2 3
Romans 10:9

©2004 Vision Fellowship Ministries