General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: yikes!!

Yeah; this thread is becoming difficult to decipher, even for an intellectual gladiator such as myself.

I'll post a few pictures when i get home this afternoon.

-THOM!

Re: Re: yikes!!

Well I got brave yesterday and posted a pic of my painting on myspace page. Even though it's not done yet.
I hope to work on it and get it finished up once it's done I'll do a really good scan of it.

For now it's just a photo and you know how those go.
Here is the link
http://myspace.com/tammypryce

hope that will work. I am NOT computer savoy!

Got lost in my own replies as well, and wow, so much English, makes my brain hurt! Anyway, hope to see you again sometime next year! I'll do my best to show up to at least one class if that is possible !! O__O ! Life been crazy but it's all good ! =)

XOXOXOX

Larry and I talked about going to a potentially different forum program... This free version on bravenet is OK, but there are better ones out there... I told him I would look around for one and let him know..

I would post my dragon, but I have an entire sky to redo, and work is keeping me VERY busy...

PHPBB is free, easy to use and to implement.

I know a guy with some small amount of experience with MySQL too...

It was soft and cuddly the way a chainsaw wrapped in a quilt is soft and cuddly...

Chad,

Just saw this on TV in France. It is very close to Burgundy.
People building a REAL Stronghold just like we did in 13th Century. Thought you'd be more than interested ;-)

http://www.guedelon.fr/

Hey Ced,
Yeah, I saw that a while back when I was researching French castles. I think it's a great project. Archaeologists can speculate all day, but nothing generates knowledge like actually doing it.
Gorgeous place. How's your family?

Well I have family issues going. My mother is going very bad and I am expecting her loss pretty soon unfortunately (she's been sick for 4 years and nothing can be done about it). The end is getting nearer :-( But the kids are going very well, who are the joy of the family.

Hi Ced,

Sorry to hear about your mother. My Mom passed away in 2000 due to heart/lung problems and I understand. It can be a very difficult time for the family. My heart goes out to you and your family. My Dad had a stroke a couple of weeks ago, but he is doing great. He wasn't paralyzed or anything and is getting his conversational skills back.

I hope everyone else is doing well. I had planned to go to Larry's art class to visit with everyone and "play" with my art, but because of Dad, I wasn't able to go. I am still planning on taking all of us to Ireland in September 2009, so everyone, please start saving your money! (Putting away a little each month is the trick.) I am not going to even think negative about the economy. All will be well. There should be "deals" galore for traveling though. So, I'm going to be researching all of this. We all need the inspiration from the misty emerald isle of Ireland!

Much Love to Everyone,
Donna
P.S. I would love to have an idea of who would like to go on this trip - how many of you? I know Jasmine wants to go - for sure....and Susie....and Chad...and hopefully, Del and Jason! What about the rest of you?

Re: Re: Re: yikes!!

You can count me in Donna!

...just don't count on me bringing a guest this time. Ya know how that goes.

Hey, Ced and Donna my heart goes out to you both. It never is easy we all know. I can speak for all of us that we're all here for you. You have us all as friends and you have our support! Do take care and hope to see you all again one day. . . . . . . . . . GOD SAVE IRELAND!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: yikes!!

ERIN GO BRAGH!

I live just up 40 (on a good day when there's gasoline to be found...). Come up and say hi sometime you stranger.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yikes!!

can I come too !!?? ;-p

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yikes!!

Only if you promise to behave yourself.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yikes!!

Oh hell !!! Well then we'll never meet again !!! ;-p

Donne and Ced, my heart is with you both and I'm sending tons of positive vibes from Quebec !!! XOXOXOX

AH! Ireland! I'm pretty sure I'd make it, just needs looooots of savings! Jason said he's help translate...? HAHA! For once I can take a break! lol! I did survived North Carolina well though, even thought sometime there was waaaaaay too much English for my French brain ... ( not to mention he talks a loooooooootttttttttttttttttttttttt !! pheewwwww ! )

I'll do my best to bring my maple **** there! =)

I would love to go to Ireland, but money is going to be an issue. My life is still very unstable at the moment and it is hard to tell what the coming year will bring. I will do my best and think possitively.

I would love to be able to go, but I have been told under no uncertain terms will I be going to Ireland before or without my wife (she is Irish, after all). As much as I would like to bring her along, that is just way too much money for my wounded bank account to even contemplate right now.

However, I am definitely planning on taking another class next year in Kentucky (provided Larry decides to have one).

Re: Re: Re: Re: yikes!!

Hi all and thanks a lot for your sympathy (empathy ?).
Donna, my thoughts go to you as well in those times of family worries.
I would love to come to the Ireland class. Actually my goal is to go to some Larry's painting class so if there is a new one in 2009 (in Ireland or Kentucky) I am almost certain to be part of it. The only condition will be determined by the date (and money of course but I think I can solve this). I think Ireland will be a drawing class therefore I look forward to knowing more about an eventual painting class in 2009.