General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ireland

We're going to Ireland! We're going to Ireland! It will happen!!! and everyone is going right! I need my friends I miss so much and the ones I haven't met..my soul is hungry!!! To Ireland where the blarney flows and I might be queen among the leprecons (if I learn how to spell it!!)

W00-HOO! YIPPEEE! IT WILL HAPPEN!! YOU JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE!! (and clap your hands and click your heels togehter 3 times!)

Re: ireland

I would love to be able to go, but I have been told under no uncertain terms will I be going to Ireland before or without my wife (she is Irish, after all). As much as I would like to bring her along, that is just way too much money for my wounded bank account to even contemplate right now.

However, I am definitely planning on taking another class next year in Kentucky (provided Larry decides to have one).

Re: Re: ireland

We did talk about Ireland at the class. Many of us just don't have the money for a trip like that right now, or even next year. Especially with gas prices and all affecting the price of plane tickets.

I for one would prefere... (for now)... to just have a couple of classes, and get together more frequently, perhaps some place different here in the states, than to have one big huge trip that would break everyones bank accounts.

Don't get me wrong of course I want to go to Ireland, but realisticaly I don't see it happening for most of us.

I'm sure if we all put our heads together there are lots of places we could go here in the states that could be just as fun. Like a ranch or something???
Larry even mentioned the beach, and trying to paint a beach landscape. A beautiful little B&B near the beach that could accomidate us would be awesome! We could take over the whole place for the week![

Any ways it is something for us all to think about and to do some research on and talk about.

Re: Re: Re: ireland

For me, job and time constraints are more of an issue than money. Otherwise, I'd be driving up there to bother Larry every weekend.

I agree completely with Tammy that more, less expensive trips are most certainly welcomed. But, If there is an Ireland class then I have to vote yes.

It's Ireland... I can't say "no" to Ireland.

Re: ireland

Oh, if it's Ireland I'll FOR SURE be there!

I can't imagine JASON (and Delphine in tow!) not going too, Irishman that he is..... ;P

Miss all you guys!

Jasmine