Return to Website

AAGLASGOW - Meeting Room

Welcome to AAGLASGOW.

AAGLASGOW - Meeting Room
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
grateful for the sharing

Hi I have just found this lovely site new to computer. My husban and I bothe belong to aa quite a while now due to his ill health we dont get to many meetings but enjoy roundabout ect. We both have found spirituality through the programme. beleive we are clean and sober all down to this wonderful fellowship. hope I may find how to be able to chat to others on this site. Have a nice day.

Re: grateful for the sharing

Hi Mary,

Thanks for leaving a message on the website, it was nice to here from you.

I am in the process of "slowly" developing the site and eventually it will be finished.

Progress not perfection!!! small steps - easy does it.

I have not checked in on the Forum for a while - life got in the way of my sitting in front of a computer.

I have been sober for nine years and just love the new freedom, sobriety and the program have blessed me with

My time in the past few months has been very busy. In June I went to the World convention in Toronto then wandered down through America for three weeks. It was great, and an experience i will never forget.

In August i was running around chasing my tail trying to help organise my daughters wedding. That was a good lesson in dealing with my natural tendency to take over and control everything. My daughter kept me in my alloted place as father of the bride, even sitting down with me and showing me the video of the film "father of the bride", so i would understand my role better.It was a good laugh and a fun evening.

Then in September she got married.

And here we are now in October and i have to deal with a whole load of new life experiences.

If i was not sober, i would not have had the great joy i experienced over the past few months, and more importantly nor would my family.

Hopr your husband keeps better and you keep as happy and grounded as you sound in your posting.

All the best from sunny Glasgow.
Murdo

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi I have just found this lovely site new to computer. My husban and I bothe belong to aa quite a while now due to his ill health we dont get to many meetings but enjoy roundabout ect. We both have found spirituality through the programme. beleive we are clean and sober all down to this wonderful fellowship. hope I may find how to be able to chat to others on this site. Have a nice day.