UP Sigma Alpha Nu Sorority's Cerebral Page

You are most WELCOME to post any cerebral idea.! This page is open to all our visitors!!!

UP Sigma Alpha Nu Sorority's Cerebral Page
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HATE!

Today, I'm doubly sad. I just learned that an ex-colleague of mine from saudia airlines, who has been based in New York had just been subjected to the brewing hate-campaign against arab-americans. She had lived in new york for the longest time, is a good neighbor and a good friend, now her home is marred with vandalism. The ignorant and gullible had been throwing garbage and rocks at her home, when she leaves for her flight in uniform, she is looked upon with disdain.

This flight attendant is NOT a muslim, yet just the fact that she wears the tarja (head cover) as part of her uniform ensemble and works for saudia, she had been judged and convicted. Word from my London based friends, flight attendants as well, tell me that when they walk in the Heathrow airport, people including other flight attendants and pilots would eye them. If only looks can kill, they would would have dropped dead.

The World Trade Center and Pentagon kamikaze are not just an attack on Americans but also on mankind. I would not want war to happen. We all want to surmount the horror and pain this carnage had done. The solution is not isolated in fighting the issue with fire against fire.

I feel as strongly as any American does but why don't we consider working together as a choice. Do away with our biases to combat the TRUE enemy. A better option for a brighter tomorrow. If this carnage is another american circus act, the muslims are not at all amused, what with the blame being directed at them.

An eye for an eye would make the world go blind, as Gandhi had said. How much more anger, fear and sorrow do we intend to inflict on each other until we realize the message being sent to us?

VIGILANCE and UNITY should be our calling. From what i have gathered firsthand from my mutawaa'in (islamic police) and muslim friends and acquaintances, even before this recent US attack ever happened, is that the grand islamic scheme is to convert all non-muslims. It is Allah's will and it shall be done BUT it is not a good muslims' agenda to force the religion upon the unwilling. Discussions were carried out with utmost respect yet the passion and commitment was quite evident.

For purposes of enlightenment, i will share their views on christians & jews, which for the MINORITY of radical fundamentalist is enough reason to use the US as a pawn to initialize their cause.

Muslims firmly believe that christians and jews, being "people of the book", base their beliefs on a corrupted bible and "torah" or first five books of the Old Testamen. Mohammad (peace be upon him), who was totally illiterate, further claimed that he was sent with the true religion of God which was sent down upon Moses and Jesus (peace be upon them all). The Jews and Christians responded that Muslims were ignorant savages who had concocted their own religion by copying Judaism and Christianity, and only an insane person would ever make such allegations. for this non-muslims are doomed.

here are "passages" from the Koran to support the aforementioned:

"Of the Jews are those change words from their places and say: "We

hear (your words O Mohammad) and disobey; hear you as one who

hears not" and "give us concession" with a twist of their tongues and

as a mockery of religion(Islam). But if only they had said: "We hear

and we obey" and "Do make us understand" it would have been better

for them and more upright. But Allah has cursed them for their

disbelief, so they believe not, except a few". The Qur'an, Al-

Nissa(4):46.

"Then woe to those who write the book (of God) with their own

hands and then say: 'This is from Allah', to traffic with it for a

miserable price. Woe to them for what their hands do write and for

the gain they make thereby" The holy Qur'an Al-Bakarah(2):79

A MAJORITY OF MUSLIMS DO NOT RESORT TO VIOLENCE and TERRORISM to convert others to their religion. I have lived for a good 10 years in an arab country and have visited a number of muslim destinations as well. Respect and cooperation had been achieved in a number of flights, communities and companies. Why won't this this be possible to a much larger scale? If we continue to sow the negative then that is what we will reap.

Again i reiterate VIGILANCE, KEEP WATCH, OPEN OUR EYES. I NEVER WOULD WANT WAR, I AM ALL FOR A BETTER OPTION THAN MISDIRECTED AGGRESSION.

Peace and Bravery!

Re: HATE!

i believe in some of what you said. If religion will always be what it was, "mine is the best", then peace will never be achieved. It will just sow division, competition, fear, war! Religion just perpetuates the nature of man, unchecked, will not promise peaceful coexistence.

Please try to see Neal Donald Walsch books, starting with Conversations with God. He has a webpage. Peace be with you and God bless. Assalam alaykum

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Today, I'm doubly sad. I just learned that an ex-colleague of mine from saudia airlines, who has been based in New York had just been subjected to the brewing hate-campaign against arab-americans. She had lived in new york for the longest time, is a good neighbor and a good friend, now her home is marred with vandalism. The ignorant and gullible had been throwing garbage and rocks at her home, when she leaves for her flight in uniform, she is looked upon with disdain.

This flight attendant is NOT a muslim, yet just the fact that she wears the tarja (head cover) as part of her uniform ensemble and works for saudia, she had been judged and convicted. Word from my London based friends, flight attendants as well, tell me that when they walk in the Heathrow airport, people including other flight attendants and pilots would eye them. If only looks can kill, they would would have dropped dead.

The World Trade Center and Pentagon kamikaze are not just an attack on Americans but also on mankind. I would not want war to happen. We all want to surmount the horror and pain this carnage had done. The solution is not isolated in fighting the issue with fire against fire.

I feel as strongly as any American does but why don't we consider working together as a choice. Do away with our biases to combat the TRUE enemy. A better option for a brighter tomorrow. If this carnage is another american circus act, the muslims are not at all amused, what with the blame being directed at them.

An eye for an eye would make the world go blind, as Gandhi had said. How much more anger, fear and sorrow do we intend to inflict on each other until we realize the message being sent to us?

VIGILANCE and UNITY should be our calling. From what i have gathered firsthand from my mutawaa'in (islamic police) and muslim friends and acquaintances, even before this recent US attack ever happened, is that the grand islamic scheme is to convert all non-muslims. It is Allah's will and it shall be done BUT it is not a good muslims' agenda to force the religion upon the unwilling. Discussions were carried out with utmost respect yet the passion and commitment was quite evident.

For purposes of enlightenment, i will share their views on christians & jews, which for the MINORITY of radical fundamentalist is enough reason to use the US as a pawn to initialize their cause.

Muslims firmly believe that christians and jews, being "people of the book", base their beliefs on a corrupted bible and "torah" or first five books of the Old Testamen. Mohammad (peace be upon him), who was totally illiterate, further claimed that he was sent with the true religion of God which was sent down upon Moses and Jesus (peace be upon them all). The Jews and Christians responded that Muslims were ignorant savages who had concocted their own religion by copying Judaism and Christianity, and only an insane person would ever make such allegations. for this non-muslims are doomed.

here are "passages" from the Koran to support the aforementioned:

"Of the Jews are those change words from their places and say: "We

hear (your words O Mohammad) and disobey; hear you as one who

hears not" and "give us concession" with a twist of their tongues and

as a mockery of religion(Islam). But if only they had said: "We hear

and we obey" and "Do make us understand" it would have been better

for them and more upright. But Allah has cursed them for their

disbelief, so they believe not, except a few". The Qur'an, Al-

Nissa(4):46.

"Then woe to those who write the book (of God) with their own

hands and then say: 'This is from Allah', to traffic with it for a

miserable price. Woe to them for what their hands do write and for

the gain they make thereby" The holy Qur'an Al-Bakarah(2):79

A MAJORITY OF MUSLIMS DO NOT RESORT TO VIOLENCE and TERRORISM to convert others to their religion. I have lived for a good 10 years in an arab country and have visited a number of muslim destinations as well. Respect and cooperation had been achieved in a number of flights, communities and companies. Why won't this this be possible to a much larger scale? If we continue to sow the negative then that is what we will reap.

Again i reiterate VIGILANCE, KEEP WATCH, OPEN OUR EYES. I NEVER WOULD WANT WAR, I AM ALL FOR A BETTER OPTION THAN MISDIRECTED AGGRESSION.

Peace and Bravery!