Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
s
Steven
I might be selling 2 of the original paintings I bought from you
Say Larry, One of the paintings I bought off you-- seems I haven't see it in any of your prints or reproductions. If you were thinking of making prints of it do me a favor --- Don't--- your production run number of stuff is too high as it is and it all ends...
Views: 394   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 19, 2010 7:58am
by Steven
r
Rob Y.
Painting Class
I cannot wait to get there I sure hope the next 5 weeks go flying by.
Views: 262   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 18, 2010 2:34pm
by Rob Y.
r
Rob
Gencon
Larry, are you still going to gencon?
Views: 306   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 2, 2010 11:27pm
by Rob
Fall Painting Class
Hey all, I'm sure by now you guys have seen the Class Schedule for this year. The Painting class is the first weekend of October again this year. Who's all going????? I'm already signed up and Robert is too. So who else is going???
Views: 576   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 20, 2010 1:43am
by Fabiola Vargas
Display bags & Foam Boards
I've got so much art that I need a display technique. I've discussed the method Larry use at the conventions with the bag attached to the foam board that can then be rotated in easel and display bin...Where's a good source for clear but firm bags/sleeves and a good p...
Views: 352   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 15, 2010 9:12pm
by Scott Marchek
d
Dennis
DVD Training?
Hello! I am a BIG fan of Larrys since,.. well since I was very young. I would like to a few questions. I heard/read that there may be a DVD tutorial in the future. Is it true and if so, when?
Views: 310   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 13, 2010 8:19pm
by Dennis
q
qwerty
What is this?
Views: 318   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 13, 2010 8:18pm
by qwerty
g
Gary
May Drawing Class
Who's going to the drawing class in May? I'm really looking forward to it!
Views: 299   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 10, 2010 7:48pm
by Gary
HEROES/VILLAINS of FANTASY Lineup
Hey- Just wanted to see if anyone knew: 1) In Larry's Heroes of Fantasy painting, is that ROBIN HOOD on the far right, and then King Arthur? 2) In Larry's Villains of Fantasy painting, I see one or two I'm sure of, but others I'm not so sure. Can anybody giv...
Views: 336   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 18, 2009 8:11pm
by DarkSir23
t
Thom
JUST A GAME?
Hey droogs, Check out this Canadian documentary on Dungeons & Dragons... (That's right, Delf's people are responsible for this one. ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1YGJAPLShw&feature=related Anyone else notice the red dragon on the "JUST A GAME?" logo?
Views: 511   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 20, 2009 6:36am
by Thom
e
Eric
Snarfquest - The new stories
Hello to you all, I am a huge fan of Snarfquest and I just wrote a message to orders@larryelmore.com to ask whether someone could help me out to get my hands on the new stories of Snarfquest, which were published in the discontinued "Games Unplugged" Magazine....
Views: 615   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 13, 2009 9:21am
by Trevis
LUCCA COMICS AND GAMES
hi larry, i'm an italian fan of yours, i'd like to know if you will be again at lucca this year...
Views: 515   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 8, 2009 4:07am
by fulvio giachino
Fairy Magazine
Hey fellow students, Our classmate is featured in the Fairy Magazine this month. Congrats Jasmine.
Views: 518   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 7, 2009 5:09pm
by Jeannine
Larry Get Well Soon
Sorry you couldn't make it to GenCon. It is just not the same without you. I hope the Docs get you all better before Dragon Con. Best wishes Darryl
Views: 770   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 21, 2009 4:09am
by Kate
Views: 621   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 14, 2009 4:48pm
by The Café
Classes Sign-Up Time!
Okay, so who's signed up for classes already? I signed up for the June penciling one. I'm probably not going to the September painting one. Still on the fence about that...
Views: 793   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 6, 2009 5:49pm
by Jeff
c
Chad
Painting season...
It's starting to be that time of year again... Nothing inspires me like the clouds in early summer. We'll see if I get something actually done though.
Views: 673   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 15, 2009 6:15pm
by Delphine Levesqu...
c
Chad
Hey
Hey folks. Just wanted to see what everyone was up to. It's been quiet.
Views: 720   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 11, 2009 6:38am
by Chad
"Golden King" and the new sketchbook!
Larry, I have to say that it takes a really, really spectacular dragon image to catch my eye these days (you know, dragon images are like faerie images, there are a lot of them wandering around these days) "Golden King" is fabulous, I can hardly stop looking at i...
Views: 790   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2009 10:07pm
by Jenny Heidewald
m
Mark
Mid-South Con
HAs larry looked into maybe dropping in on the Mid-South Con? March 20-22, 2009 Memphis, TN http://midsouthcon.org/index.html
Views: 729   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 13, 2009 3:53pm
by Mark
t
Tabby
I'm drawing agian, can you believe it??
Well guys, after the worst few years of my life, I finally picked up my pencil and started to draw again!! Doing mostly character art commisions and some silly things here and there, but its something!! I'm also talking to an art school about furthering my education...
Views: 781   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 18, 2009 2:20pm
by Tabby
j
jrmdr
the man
love your work
Views: 694   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 17, 2009 1:11am
by jrmdr
p
peirce
Need help
Hey all, I was wondering if you could help me (even those that are a complete stranger). I've got a co worker who hasn't seen Star Wars yet, and now he's refusing on principle. We started a Facebook group and he said if we get a million people to sign up (probabl...
Views: 884   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 15, 2009 3:40pm
by Peirce
r
Rejean
Silvara
Hey Larry. I love your work. I'm gunna buy a bunch of prints but I was just wondering... Where's the pictures of Silvara?? She's hot dude! (lol)
Views: 779   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 9, 2009 10:00pm
by Thom
Larry's Painting in Progress
Larry, I wanted to give you some feed back on your painting in progress, and to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for doing this! One of my biggest problems at the classes was to know how far to take each step not knowing what was comming next, and what th...
Views: 818   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 21, 2009 1:18am
by Kelly Brightbill
e
Erik
New Project in the works
Larry's recent step by step page, and a subsequent conversation I had with him motivated me to try and be more diligent about putting an "In Progress" page on my site. To that end, here it is. The painting is still pretty rough, and the photos are not all that gr...
Views: 731   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 13, 2009 10:21am
by peirce
e
Erik
Question for the Apprentices
Around April this year, I am going to have two paintings that will be (I believe) dry enough and safe to varnish. I remember a couple of conversations from the class as to different things that can be used to do so, (i.e., Galkyd, etc). What I cant remember is if t...
Views: 778   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 8:52pm
by Chad
Merry Christmas bunch of werewolves!
Hey! Just wanted to wish you a very merry Christm-assss from Quebec and hope 2009 will be full of magic for everyone! I'm flying to North Carolina next week and will get to see 3 of you there so it will be awesome and it makes me happy as ever! ;-) ( away from the...
Views: 791   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 24, 2008 12:11pm
by Erik
Christmas wishes
As some of you may know the sale on our house didn't go through, so we will not be celabrateing Christmas in our new home as planned. Please keep us in your thoughts that something will happen soon and we will sell our house. Living in limbo is not fun! We will...
Views: 703   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 19, 2008 1:18am
by Thom Riley
R.I.P Bettie Page !! =(
The wonderful pinup Bettie Page has passed away today at the age of 85 =( !! I know Larry liked her a lot and made wonderful paintings of her, and so did I, I had the honor to be an official Bettie Page prod. artist and I must say she was one of the most beautiful...
Views: 807   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 12, 2008 9:46pm
by Jasmine Becket-G...
Opportunity.
Hey Classmates and art friends. I am putting together an art contest for 8 to 14 year olds. This contest is to help inspire children to draw and paint. With the cutting back of funds in the school systems the first class to crush is the art class. This has many chil...
Views: 1000   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 10, 2008 5:20pm
by Jeannine
s
susie
ireland
We're going to Ireland! We're going to Ireland! It will happen!!! and everyone is going right! I need my friends I miss so much and the ones I haven't met..my soul is hungry!!! To Ireland where the blarney flows and I might be queen among the leprecons (if I lea...
Views: 822   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 9, 2008 10:54am
by Jasmine Becket-G...
t
Thom
The Night Gallery
Picture if you will, the portrait of a class. A class who's very destiny is one painted in greasy oils and withering pigment. Submitted for your approval by the Night Gallery... http://www.imagesocket.com/view/Thom_and_Larryade.jpg http://www.imagesocket.com/vi...
Views: 957   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 6, 2008 3:58am
by raju
s
Star
Miss you......
Hope that you are well. It has been so long since Con and I feel like things were a huge blurr then that it seems even longer since I last saw you. Happy Thanksgiving luv... Miss you much. Hugs, Star
Views: 779   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 28, 2008 7:51pm
by Star
Looking for more B&W Dragon pictures by Larry Elmore
So I had been looking for a really good dragon drawing to do as a tattoo band around my arm. I didn’t want to do a Chinese dragon as I’m not a huge fan of that type of dragon and wanted a more traditional D&D type. I could never find anything though tha...
Views: 1350   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 14, 2008 1:41pm
by Pete Czech
oh great and wondermus mr.elmore
i was wondering when you might be having a begining or intermediate drawing class.im from ky,met you many moons ago at the dragons rainbow in bowling green and thank you so much for taking the time to talk to me,being my most favored artist in all of artinisaty...sor...
Views: 770   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 11, 2008 1:26am
by keith pedigo
We sold the house!
Update for all who care. LOL Jimmy and I sold our house and spent Halloween weekend shopping for a new one. We've found a great one that we love, wish we could say the same for the land that it's on, but you can't always get everything and trust me we looked at EV...
Views: 942   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 9, 2008 12:42pm
by Tammy Pryce
Happy Halloween !
Happy Halloween bunch of werewolves loup-garous !!!!!!!!!!!! ;-p ( yay the only day I don't feel like I'm the only one from another planet !!! ) Save some candies for me please ?! Love you all XOXOXOX
Views: 838   Replies: 14
Last Post: Nov 4, 2008 2:40pm
by Ced
s
susie
yikes!!
I got lost with all those replys!!! Can't wait to see all the Dragons...soft and cuddly ones? miss you guys so very freakin much....
Views: 1004   Replies: 21
Last Post: Oct 17, 2008 1:55pm
by Ced
c
Ced
Hey how's the class going ?
Any sweet pics ???
Views: 954   Replies: 52
Last Post: Oct 14, 2008 2:48pm
by Ced
m
Malloc
Lecture
I ran across this on youtube, and thought it was just great. The old TSR crew has been the core influence in my art, and hearing the stories was just great. Didn't see it posted here, so thought I'd share it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wViMmbGkCNo
Views: 765   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 6, 2008 4:27am
by Ced
Painting Class
Well, we have less then a week before class starts! I for one can't wait. I hope everyone has their suppies, imaginations, and hearts ready for another great time with Larry. We are going to have a wonderful time and learn a lot from one of the ledgends. So until t...
Views: 718   Replies: 17
Last Post: Oct 5, 2008 1:18pm
by Ced
a
Adam
"Savage Frontier" vs "Bloodstone Lands"
So I have a relatively simple question about "Bloodstone Lands." Why doesn't the name of the piece of art correspond with the supplement it graces? This piece of art is on the Savage Frontier (9233) cover not Bloodstone Lands (9267) cover. Sorry if I am missin...
Views: 719   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 1, 2008 12:43pm
by Trevis
Class Photos
Hello all fellow dragon apprentices... I've been tossing around the idea of posting some of the photos from last year's class on my Flickr.com account. However, before I did so I wanted to see if any of the people who might be in those photos would have a problem...
Views: 567   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 23, 2008 5:54am
by Ced
t
Tabby
I'm still kicking!!!
Hi guys! Sorry its been so long since I've been in touch with anyone, SO much has happened the last two years. To Hell and back I have been. But I wanted to say hello and try to catch up with everyone. (who remembers me). *hugs* Larry hun if you get some free time...
Views: 554   Replies: 16
Last Post: Sep 16, 2008 5:47pm
by susie
g
Geo
SnarfQuest
With the advent of web comics I feel it'd be awesome to see a resurrection of Snarfquest right here on this site. Are there any plans to bring him back? Many, who never checked out Dragon Magazine, don't know the great comic they had missed and some of us old fans...
Views: 434   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 16, 2008 11:43am
by Trevis
Advanced painting class students
Larry has asked me to post a message here about mailing addresses. With his unfortunate computer troubles, Larry is missing many of our mailing addresses. If you are going to be attending the advanced painting class, please send Larry your mailing address so he can s...
Views: 463   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 1, 2008 9:57pm
by Erik Stell
Image question
Once upon a time in a land far far away, I saw a Larry Elmore image done of a centaur holding a machine gun, standing on the white house lawn. Does anyone know if it was used on a book?
Views: 384   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 23, 2008 11:29am
by Ced
Goddess of the Hunt
Hello everyone, Just wanted to let you all know that the "Goddess of the Hunt" piece is finished. I would like to hear any comments you all might have. Good or bad it all helps me improve my art. I may yet make some minor changes, then it will be available for pri...
Views: 448   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 23, 2008 11:27am
by Ced
c
Chad
DragonCon
So who all's going to DragonCon this year?
Views: 449   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 21, 2008 11:02am
by Thom
c
Ced
Medieval Festival in France ;-)
Hi guys There will be a medieval festival on my summer vacation place in France... Will take pics and post 'em on my blog at the end of the month... Hope to find good reference models ;-) http://albymedievales.free.fr/index_fichiers/Page801.htm
Views: 477   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 17, 2008 10:51pm
by Chad
c
Ced
Work in Progress : Samurais hunting near the Fuji Yama
The class with Larry taught me a few things and I am trying to apply as much as I can. The first lesson from Larry being : finish what you start ! So I'm back to the board for my 3rd oil painting : http://www.cedricmnich.com Hope you like the scenery.
Views: 357   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 16, 2008 4:58pm
by Ced
Checking in to say Hello
Sorry folks, Today is the first chance I've had to sit down and really be at the computer for more than 15 mins. Looks like I've missed out on lots of fun conversations. My oldest son is down from Ohio along with Grandparents for the last three weeks. Plus..I have...
Views: 396   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 1, 2008 7:39am
by Tammy Pryce
New Projects
Hey Everyone, Sorry I haven't been able to post much, but I have been very busy. As most of you know, I have been working on the France Video. There were a lot of problems at the begining. It took awhile to get the right equipment and to get all the footage digi...
Views: 421   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 28, 2008 9:37am
by Delphine Levesqu...
a
Andrea
Advanced Painting Class Sign Ups!!
Hi everyone!! Just wanted to pop on and announce the Fall Class. This year Larry wants to do an Advanced Painting Class. Perfect for many of you who have already attended past classes! Full details are HERE See everyone in October Andrea
Views: 411   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 25, 2008 4:13pm
by Tammy Pryce
c
Ced
Famous TSR paintings value prices (sold on auction)
Hello, I discussed with Larry in France about the art value. Here is a post like i promised on my blog giving some interesting information about the market prices recently observed on our favorite TSR paintings : http://www.cedricmnich.com/?p=89
Views: 537   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jul 25, 2008 2:55am
by Ced
book image
hi guys!!!! where is this image without the letters? http://www.leelibros.com/biblioteca/files/images/umbral%20poder_0.jpg thks
Views: 336   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 23, 2008 9:02am
by thx
I need your help
hi i saw this image in a video of youtube and y want to have this someone know how can i find this? this image: http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8576/dibujocf8.png if i have this image, i've been very happy, because i like very much excuse forma my...
Views: 386   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 17, 2008 3:26pm
by Ced
c
Ced
Hehe :-)
http://www.cedricmnich.com/photos/fun.jpg
Views: 417   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 16, 2008 10:18pm
by Chad Culbertson
c
Ced
Got Kelly's DVDs from Gonzague today !
WOW the pics are AWESOME. A very special standing ovation to Kelly for burning all the DVDs. The pics are fantastic. I propose a special photography award to Kelly for sky subject. Some pics are wonderful (so Elmorish). If one needs a sky pic, just ask Kelly ! LOL...
Views: 383   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 15, 2008 5:40pm
by Croissant!
c
Ced
Interesting idea for future Larry's classes
http://illustrationmasterclass.com/assignment.html
Views: 363   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2008 2:46am
by Ced
Told ya it would be on YouTube !!! mwahahaha !
Hey crazy people !!!! I just uploaded 2 of the videos I took in France, ahhhhhhhh good memories, we'll meet again soon right ? ( and just copy/paste the URL if the links aren't "clickable" ... ) Cool music !!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXzJ6yR4ySQ Wh...
Views: 510   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 8, 2008 9:51pm
by Erik Stell
t
Thom
My Favorite Segment of 60 Minutes...
Hey gang, check out what I found on YouTube. It's the 60 Minutes on Dungeons & Dragons (1985) Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbcWKWp2UE4 ...and then, my favorite... 60 Minutes on Dungeons & Dragons (1985) Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lN0n...
Views: 497   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 8, 2008 6:43am
by Chad Culbertson
CROISSANT ( with jelly! ) !!!!!!!!
HI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I made it to Canada lol, blame Canada !!! My flight was 2 hours delayed, so I had to scratch my non-existent balls at the airport after some painful farewell ... Hell, I can't believe the trip is over already O_o ....
Views: 453   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jul 6, 2008 3:05am
by Ced
c
Ced
Are there any werewolves around ?
Gee, I am back for Massssster Larry Elmore art classssssss and it was so great. Too bad I could not stay any longer and eat Larry's brain during one night I was the werewolf (in order to get all his art knowledge :-) (this game is so anti-french by the way... ;-)...
Views: 490   Replies: 28
Last Post: Jul 3, 2008 11:30am
by Delphine Levesqu...
Eating in France
Does anyone know how to eat a frog in France?
Views: 402   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 30, 2008 7:22pm
by Delphine Levesqu...
r
Regina
Help on putting together a portfolio
Hello Larry! And all the peps! *waves* So, here is the thing... For all my memory my one dream has been to become a fantasy artist. (whos isent right?) I havent attended any fancy schools or any real formal art classes. So when it comes to the "business" Sid...
Views: 317   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 29, 2008 5:54am
by Ced
France Wishes
I wish you all: Safe, easy travel with luggage intact and no delays! Many wonderful adventures full of laughter, good food, good wine, fantastic views and maybe even some drawing!!! (What a concept!) Many pictures to share with me when you return!!!...
Views: 409   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 20, 2008 12:45pm
by Delphine Levesqu...
Final count Down
Okay I know we are getting really close now! What's the final count Del???? I'm so excited now I can barely stand it! After today only one more week of classes then I'm done! I will officially start next Tuesday packing my stuff and charging camera batteries...
Views: 474   Replies: 46
Last Post: Jun 19, 2008 6:37am
by Steven
Ebay only allowing USA customers to bid !
Hi Guys , Can I just bring a really serious issue to your attention regarding Ebay. Larry`s latest picture `A Pirate`s Dream` can only be seen and bid on by USA customers ! Due to the adult listing Ebay say that they cannot control pornography all over the w...
Views: 319   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 30, 2008 6:14pm
by David Hamer
30 days !!!
Well we can start the official countdown from here now! One month to go till France madness !!!! =) So yeah 30 ... tomorrow it will be 29 !! O_o Have a good week everyone and be ready ! lol XOXOXOXOX
Views: 342   Replies: 15
Last Post: May 29, 2008 8:13pm
by Delphine Levesqu...
55 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just because the forum is kinda dead !!! lol 55 days to go till France madness! Are you ready ??? lol ok ok ok I know I'm annoying ;-p I'll go paint while waiting for French croissants and wine !!! =D CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!! Is it time already ??!?! gahhhhh .......
Views: 468   Replies: 15
Last Post: May 8, 2008 10:00pm
by Chad Culbertson
France, here I come!
Looks like I will be able to join everyone after all. I can't wait to see everyone again and meet the new folks. We are going to have a great time!
Views: 384   Replies: 33
Last Post: May 2, 2008 6:26pm
by Jasmine Becket-G...
Thanks!
The photo shoot / reunion held at the Don Run Inn this past weekend was a hugh success. I haven't had that much fun or laughed so hard in a long long time! It was a much needed break for me and I wanted to thank everyone who came and was part of the experience. It is...
Views: 385   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 7, 2008 7:13pm
by Tammy Pryce
3 months, 4 weeks and 1 day till France class ... !
Yep just so you know, LOL ! I'm just so insanely excited about it lol, can't keep it for myself!! That is 119 days ! *countdown of doom!* Is there anybody here who recently signed up for that class too? I'm just really curious!! ^.^ Am I the only one to be d...
Views: 748   Replies: 29
Last Post: Apr 7, 2008 3:19am
by Ced
m
Mark
Midsouth Con
well did anyone else make it to the Midsouth Con (Memphis) this year/ I did My first one and it was so-so. Wish Larry could have been there. ;-( OK, I got the e-mail about the Orginal Drawings drawn by Larry himself so I've already put in my order. So will I be conta...
Views: 342   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 3, 2008 4:14pm
by Mark
t
Tabby
I'm alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats right I said it, I'm alive!!! Been to hell and back then back agian, but I'm still kicking. i recently attended an anime con and got some of my artistic spirit back. So I wanted to say HI GUYS!!!!!!! and see what cons you are all going to this year. ttys-Tab
Views: 376   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 3, 2008 2:08pm
by Tabby
Missed the reunion :(
Dang. One of these days I'll get to get out there again. Babies are SO much work. No instructions, no "off" switch. We learn something new everyday and yet we're still completely clueless. Kyan is 9 months old now. He's amazing. I'm going to train him to be my little...
Views: 304   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 2, 2008 9:24am
by Peirce
85 days till France art class !!!!
I know I'm annoying as hell with that, but can't keep it for myself, I'm just so excited about the class !!!! Who's in ??? ( I'm so curious ! ! ! ) There are still spots available! All the informations here: http://www.larryelmore.com/france.htm Got my airl...
Views: 352   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 31, 2008 9:54am
by Chad Culbertson
Photo shoot / Reunion
Hello everyone, We have a photo shoot/reunion planned for Friday the 28Th of March and Saturday the 29Th at the Doe Run Inn, Kentucky. This is open to anyone who has been to one of Larry's classes, though rooms will be limited. I have reserved all open rooms at...
Views: 439   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 13, 2008 9:04am
by Thom riley
The passing of a legend
I didn't see anything about it here, or really anywhere. But, given Larry's ties to D&D, I thought it ok to post here. Said better than I could have said it: By Chris Vicari - Geek Speak Columnist for The Whit Originally I had an article lined up about the G...
Views: 1378   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 6, 2008 2:56pm
by David Hamer
Art related question
I have a question. At some of the convention art shows I've attended, I've noticed a lot of prints, and hand colored prints, are displayed and sold as originals. I know that if a print is colored, it becomes an original, but on some of them I really can't see where...
Views: 345   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 5, 2008 9:15pm
by Randall Powell
Dragonlance Movie
I was walking out of the grocery store today and hapened to look over one of those new rent a movie kiosks, imagine my surprise to see "Dragonlance, Dragons of an Autumn Twilight" of course I had to rent it... Just got done watching it, and they decided to us...
Views: 551   Replies: 18
Last Post: Feb 11, 2008 9:30am
by Jenny Heidewald
What was the name of the RPG Larry created?
One of my teachers is having a contest to win an original mini print by him, but you have to correctly keep answering questions about Larry and his works...so any help would be appreciated!
Views: 406   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 7, 2008 12:22pm
by Trevis
My good ol' Kentucky Home
So i havent posted here in like, forever... Mainly because living and trying to work in memphis is like trying to paint a wild cat's nails pink. My husband and I just recently decided that we just missed Kentucky waaaay too much and decided to move back home. W...
Views: 391   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 23, 2008 10:59pm
by Chad Culbertson
s
susie
france part 2
oh, am i going to miss alot, not being able to make it! most of all, i will miss adventuring with all of you again, my companions! you will have to sit on a castle wall for me!!(carefully!)thanks to all of you for going to miss me! and jasmine, i will take you up o...
Views: 434   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 23, 2008 5:24pm
by susie
Larry's France trip this June, who wants to come ? =D
Hi guys !! If you look a few comments earlier in the forum, you'll see that the France art class trip with Larry has been announced ( details aren't on Larry's website yet though ! ) As I was part of the previous class in France last year, I got the flyer for the...
Views: 503   Replies: 26
Last Post: Jan 18, 2008 6:19pm
by Steven (virtualc...
Internet radio interview
Hello everyone, For those that might be interested, I will doing an interview today at 3 PM EST at www.thevaultofmetal.com . If you can't get to the internet for the live interview, I hope to have a podcast of it posted later. Have a great day and wish me luck....
Views: 330   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2008 7:51am
by Kelly Brightbill
Merry Christmas from France !!! hehehe
Hi there !!!! For those who came to the art class trip in France in May, just know that I'm back in France for Christmas time and I am staying where we all first met, next to Fontainebleau where we had a dinner next to that fantastic huge castle, everybody were de...
Views: 380   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 12, 2008 9:25am
by Delphine Levesqu...
s
susie
happy new year!
i miss you all!! have a wonderful new year full of many adventures and creative endeavors!!!
Views: 370   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 9, 2008 9:53pm
by Chad Culbertson
d
daphne
old books elmore did the covers for
hi... i'm trying to find the name of some books that elmore did the covers for way back when... there were i think 3 or four of them (1 red 1 blue and 1 green), they were choose your own adventure/choose your own ending books with a fantasy theme... i was hoping ther...
Views: 369   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 9, 2008 12:10pm
by daphne
m
Malloc
Some of my work
I could have swore I may have posted these before, but figured since I had touched one up a bit might as well do it again. I first got into art after trying to draw a dragon on a Dragonlance Module cover, and since then it's been a deep part of who I am. I was heavil...
Views: 502   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 14, 2007 5:42pm
by Malloc
DVD's from the painting class completed.
Hey everyone. I'm sorry it took me so long to be able to get to the DVD's, but they are now ready to go. I should get them out in the mail eairly tomorrow morning.
Views: 452   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 3, 2007 1:26pm
by Malloc
hi :)
Hi, just a quick hi to see if you got the maple syrup for you and Ilka :) and to let you know how much I enjoy talking to both of you. Look forward to seeing you again. Hugs :)
Views: 374   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 1, 2007 11:37am
by Kolleen Scaff
IlluXCon Illustration Symposium
Hi all - Just wanted to let everyone here know that we are currently organizing a major symposium dedicated to fantastic illustration for November of 2008. Larry will be attending, along with Jeff Easley and several dozen other top fantasy/SF illustrators (Boris...
Views: 437   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 13, 2007 12:55am
by Pat Wilshire
c
Cedric
Painting based on Larry's sketch, whaddayathink ?
Hello everybody, My name is Cedric. I am 35 and live in France near Paris. I just started my first oil painting. I am curious to have your advice? I will post regular pics here so that people can follow the progress of it. I'd be pleased if some experienced pain...
Views: 602   Replies: 21
Last Post: Nov 10, 2007 3:01am
by Cedric
Happy Halloween
I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Halloween. I hope everything is going well for everyone. Have a safe holiday and I hope to talk to you all again soon.
Views: 402   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 8, 2007 5:46pm
by Shannon Shell
HI!!
Just thought that I would drop you a line. I hope all is well. Talk to you soon. Shannon
Views: 372   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 8, 2007 5:43pm
by Shannon Shell
e
Elliot
Snarf Quest
I have been trying to find all the Snarf Quest comics and have all the ones in Dragon Mag. I think that there must be more out there but have never been able to find them. What are the ones I am missing and where should I go look to find them?
Views: 326   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 2, 2007 5:52am
by Trevis
Painting updated
Hello again everyone, Just wanted to drop in and let you know I have updated my website with a picture of the painting from Larry's class. It is very close to being done now. Check it out and let me know if you see anything I have missed. Hope you are all having a...
Views: 479   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 31, 2007 11:51am
by Jasmine Becket-G...
Painting update.
Hey Everyone! I just posted a few photos of my painting from Larry's class on my Website. I still have more work to do on it, I just wanted to let you know I was still working on it and show where I have gotten to. If you haven't yet checked out Meg's painting yet...
Views: 483   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 19, 2007 10:07pm
by Thom
France or Ireland in 2008 with Larry!
Hello Everyone, I didn't get to go to KY this past weekend to see the artists because there were no more rooms available at the Inn! It's a 3-hr. drive from Nashville and that's too far to drive up and then back in one day. So, I'm writing everyone to ask their pr...
Views: 522   Replies: 19
Last Post: Oct 17, 2007 9:06am
by Meg
d
Deanna
I just realized....
You know what I just realized that the drawings for the D&D box set were drawn in the year I was born. Is that a sign or what. I guess art is a calling or something for me most of my work is like stupid cartoonish junk but I haven't been steady with it when I'm inspi...
Views: 421   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 16, 2007 6:33pm
by Deanna
Back from the painting class with larry
I'm home from the painting class with Larry. Of course, I had a wonderful time with old friends and new friends. You couldn't have asked for a better group of people. As always Larry was a super teacher and friend to us all. For those of you who might be curious abo...
Views: 652   Replies: 37
Last Post: Oct 9, 2007 9:57am
by Erik Stell
SnarfQuest!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110171786741 SnarfQuest, original printing. Only 1 cent as of time of this post! It's in good condition, and fast&cheap shipping.
Views: 328   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 21, 2007 2:10pm
by MaddMattG
s
susie
september classes
hi! i was just wondering who out there is signed up for september classes. alas, i cannot go, i am maxed out money wise, but i would love to meet any new students and know which of my buddies are going! i will be there in spirit though..so watch out for the ghostie...
Views: 481   Replies: 24
Last Post: Sep 20, 2007 7:14pm
by Erik Stell
k
Kevin
Sharing some stuff
Awhile back I dropped by to say "hi"---and let you guys know I was delving into the world of 2d art for the first time. A few folks had asked that I post some stuff out to show progress---- So, I'm back to get your opinions on my progress.... The background is...
Views: 375   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 20, 2007 9:09am
by peircer
k
Kevin
Tools of choice?
And on another note---for anyone that may know what Larry/Kelly or the like uses--- What are the pencils/lead hardness of choice for Larry's drawing class?
Views: 365   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 20, 2007 6:47am
by Kevin
Scanner Advice
Hello again friends, I was wanting to get some advice from you guys on scanners. I am would like to buy a scanner that I can use to digitize the work I am doing in Iraq and be able send them to friends and loved ones. Since there are so many talented people tha...
Views: 319   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 17, 2007 3:05pm
by Kelly Brightbill
where can i get the darksword art at?
i saw that it was taken off the art gallery page sadly.i want a large full color archievel print that will last at least 1000 years or many more.or atleast have a good shot at it in an airproof frame.the darksword trilogy series.the death gate cycle trilogy and the l...
Views: 383   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 17, 2007 5:21am
by Trevis
y
yoann
Permission of larry
Hello. I'm french (sorry) my english is very bad. I making a forum on dongeons and dragons. I like you artwork. It is non-profit. This is a hobbit and discussions. I want making yours picturs for the home page of this forum. Please let me know if it would be okay...
Views: 480   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 14, 2007 9:38am
by Trevis
Someone stole Larry's image for eBay use
http://cgi.ebay.com/Haunted-Custom-Conjured-Djinn-Marid-Real-Spirits_W0QQitemZ300145205954QQihZ020QQcategoryZ102514QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem (item number: 300145205954) Check the third picture from the right. The eBay seller is onstar28607. Larry should repo...
Views: 580   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 14, 2007 9:36am
by Trevis
Sketchbook Help
A question from a budding artist. How do you keep your pencil sketches, in a sketchbook, from rubbing off on to the back a sheet of paper in front of it. I am finding that all of my sketches are being rubbed and it is making them all fuzzy. Thanks for any help yo...
Views: 376   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 13, 2007 8:25pm
by Kelly Brightbill
New Look
Hey Larry, I like the new look of your website. There are a few bugs in it though. They are pretty minor, I will try to contacting you tonight, but I haven't had much luck catching you at home lately. If I don't reach you tonight, just give me a call when you get...
Views: 427   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 13, 2007 6:37pm
by Brook Swartz
m
Marc
Search for drawing
I search for a drawing i've seen years ago on this page. It shows a dragonskull over crossed bones. I need this picture for a tatoo :D
Views: 326   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 6, 2007 10:55am
by Marc
f
Flit
Hi
Was great to finally met you at Dragon Con in Atlanta!
Views: 350   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 4, 2007 9:55am
by Trevis
Dragon Con
Hello everyone! Dragon Con is almost here. I will be there again this year and would like to know who else is going. If you are going and would like to meet up sometime for dinner, drinks, and good times then leave a message. Larry will most likely be hanging ou...
Views: 418   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 29, 2007 10:22am
by Andrea
Really cool
Performance art. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIJtKxdRQzY
Views: 366   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 27, 2007 1:36pm
by Chad Culbertson
w
w.neva
ELMORE ART -SUVIVOR ,1997 COVER OF U F O MAGAZINE BRITAIN
ANY ONE, EVER SEE THE ROSWELL "SUVIVOR, 1997 ORIGINAL ROUGH SKETCHES OF THE CRASHED SAUCER, NOW A NICE LITHOGRAPH PUBLISHED IN ENGLAND?
Views: 400   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 26, 2007 6:04pm
by w.neva
Larry Elmore
You´re the best one
Views: 396   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 16, 2007 9:35am
by Moisés Álvarez...
Question about little paitings
Hello everybody. First of all, i hope you guys forgive me for my bad english. Well, i would like to know what's the surface that mr.Elmore uses to paint his little works, like the ilustrations of Dragonlance Campaign Setting and D&D Monsters Hand Book. It is a smal...
Views: 343   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 7, 2007 11:41am
by Marco Guimarães
painting in the 1980's
i just wanted to ask what ever happened to the draconian painting that i belive was done by you called, "What do you mean were lost!!" i thought that painting was one of the very best done by you and i am quite sad that it's not in litho or glisee form.
Views: 377   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 6, 2007 8:59pm
by peircer
You were friends with my Mom.
Strange as it sounds, your link popped up on my myspace. You and my mother were friends many moons ago in Kentucky. Her name was Gloria Wolfe and she died just last November. She always had such kind things to say about you........dana
Views: 755   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 6, 2007 7:08am
by w.neva
My new painting .. ^_^
Hi hi !! Well it's nothing France-related lol, beside the fact that I've been inspired by the lovely strange portraits we got to see in the castles we visited, but anyway, here's what I've been working on during the last 2 days .. ^_^ : "The nameless rose" (...
Views: 384   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 2, 2007 8:07am
by w.neva
w
w.neva
ROSWELL " SURVIVOR"
has anyone ever seen a 3 view drawing of larry elmores crashed disc that could be used to make a small model (SURVIVOR 1997 ) ?
Views: 304   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 1, 2007 8:10am
by w.neva
Dragon Strike's screens??
I liked much the computer game i mentioned above, and after some research (or i mean just the fact that i occasionally start hunting pictures of dragons) i stumbled over something strange. Look at this site, and you will know what i mean: http://www.dosgraveyard.c...
Views: 333   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 29, 2007 4:15am
by Spotted Cheetah
Adding this link to our website
I would like to add this link to our website in yahoo groups. If you are against this please let me know through my e-mail or I will be adding it soon. My friends and I really like your art work and encourage you to continue offering it. Sincerely, Storm
Views: 257   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2007 11:30am
by Angel_Dragon_Lea...
Translation of the French newspaper article !!
Hello lovely people !! I just got the letter from Donna that she sent to all the artists that went to the France trip, what a sweetheart !!! And so since the newspaper article is in French, I'm gonna do my best to translate it to you, so there you go !!! : "Art...
Views: 398   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 18, 2007 5:30pm
by Chad Culbertson
s
susie
french fame!
woo-hooo! we did it!!! our minutes of fame!!! we made the french paper!! the next time we are in france, we will all have to wear big hats and big shades and say " why, yes darling, you may have my autograph!" hey delphine..can you translate the article? til we...
Views: 348   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 15, 2007 5:20pm
by Donna Peerce
Getting closer to the finish
Hello again everyone, I am getting close to finishing my latest project. I have posted another update on my website so you can see where I'm at and how it is coming. If you have any comments or critiques feel free to message me. I love hearing what people think...
Views: 326   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 14, 2007 6:14pm
by susie
Tour de France
Now this is funny. I'm watching the Tour de France on OLN, and I haven't yet paid attention to anything that's actually happening in the race. I'm just looking at the countryside and the towns and going 'Ahhhhhhhhh...'
Views: 323   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 14, 2007 1:29pm
by Delphine Levesqu...
A question about the class in September I signed up for...
Mr. Elmore, This is Thom Riley, we talked over the phone back in February about the painting class at the Doe Run Inn this September. I am very excited to meet you and have been waiting for this class since I first heard about it. I spoke with your assistant, s...
Views: 390   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 12, 2007 8:50pm
by Thom Riley
Spam spam spam spam
Lovely spaaaaam, wonderful spaaaaaam
Views: 307   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 11, 2007 10:07am
by Chad Culbertson
About next class
Mr. elmore I have a question? My dad might sign me up for the fall class again and was wondering if the list is allready full. I really hope I get to go. Im so sorry for not keeping in touch a while. Schools been....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... Lol! I hop...
Views: 337   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 8, 2007 7:10pm
by Kelly Brightbill
work in progress
I am testing to see how much intrest there would be in seeing my art as I work though it. I have started posting my work every few days on my web site, so please stop in and see what I'm working and let me know if you like the idea, the art, or want to suggest chang...
Views: 368   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 7, 2007 2:00pm
by Kelly Brightbill
Thanks
Dear Larry Elmore, Thank you for your service. I've enjoyed your work since I was a little kid with a D&D Basic Set. My wish is that life grant you a place where you may work at your craft without toil or fear of economic insecurity. All the best, Travis
Views: 276   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 6, 2007 5:08pm
by Travis Henry
s
susie
prepare to be jealous!
ha-ha!!!the kender says like she just found a bright shiny object!!! i just got off the phone with vitas..and he and gevila (i know i spelled it wrong, but that is how i say it)his pretty talented cousin who was in the painting class with us..are going to be in roche...
Views: 438   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 8:30pm
by Chad Culbertson
Hello Again!
Hello there! it's been soooooo looooooong since i checked this place, i missed it! I've been very busy lately and traveling a bit (difficult but well worth it) How's everything? when is the next workshop? where? how much! what how! I'm going to Castlefe...
Views: 267   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 3, 2007 8:16pm
by Fabi Vargas
Kyan
Kyan Michael Scott is here! 8.5 lbs, 21 inches. Let's hear it for epidurals! Woot!! I'll have photos soon. Matt
Views: 334   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 25, 2007 12:55pm
by Tammy Pryce
New banner available
I have a new banner available for those wishing to trade links or just to link to my web site. You can see the banner image at www.kellybrightbill.com/Links Please let me know if you wish to trade links so I can add your banner to my web site. If you haven't been to...
Views: 368   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 23, 2007 4:45pm
by Kelly Brightbill
What about "In the works" ?
Hello Larry, I often visit your very interesting website. Over a long time, I find always at "Up Dates" the selection "In the works" - but there I read "This page is coming soon". Can you tell me more about when this will be finished? Many thanks and greetin...
Views: 298   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 22, 2007 1:22pm
by Norbert
Deadlock
I was wandering through your stuff again. I just had to tell you how much I like the picture called "Deadlock". Two men in battle in a cold world. The snow beneath them is clean and silent and the world around them silent except for the harsh breathing,the snow...
Views: 339   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 20, 2007 1:17pm
by karenetta smith
My new web site is up
Hello Everyone, I have just put up my new web site, www.kellybrightbill.com . Please go take a look at it and tell me what you think. I used old fashion hand codeing and added my own Flash files. Would like to get others oppions on it and find out if there are any...
Views: 376   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 20, 2007 11:10am
by Kelly Brightbill
OK you guys...knock it off!
You guys are having too much fun!!! I made it back in one piece..Andrea was in Florida for the next week and a half so I had to answer phones and get a drawing done for the last cover of Dragon magazine and get it approved as soon as possible...and I did. I used...
Views: 571   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 19, 2007 6:31pm
by susie
Ninja ninja ninja !!!!
Me again >.> sorry ! LOL it's just that I remember that some of you got a kick out of my ninjas, and I just received my first products ever made from them in the mail today, I'm so happy lol ! Here's the very first ninja sticker !! : http://www.zerick.com/Pic/...
Views: 331   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 16, 2007 7:02pm
by Delphine Levesqu...
Video on youtube !! hehehe
Hi hi ! I've uploaded a video I took of the France class students walking in Paris street on YouTube, so in case you haven't seen it yet, there you go !! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyUXTDkfSEs Have fun listening to my weird Quebecer accent once more l...
Views: 382   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 15, 2007 6:46am
by susie
k
Kayti
THANK YOU KELLY!
Well, I just recieved my picture cd's today!!! Kelly, you did an AMAZING job, the entire thing is just priceless, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving us these memories. ALSO I got one from our kender XOXOXOXOXOXOX You are too cute for words, I love...
Views: 330   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 11:47am
by susie bilak szcz...
crazy artists motivation ? ( WIP ? )
Hello lovelies ! ( tired of my already ? ;-p ) I just noticed over the last years that I find it really hard/lonely to create art all alone in my little "world", I know absolutely no artists where I live and sometime I lack of real motivation, I love when I can sh...
Views: 441   Replies: 39
Last Post: Jun 12, 2007 7:01pm
by Chad Culbertson
a post full of randomness and pepperoni ?!
Hellllllo I post a lot here, people will hate me ! Sorry !! But I love the people here !! I'm so in pain right now, I went to the un-sexy doctor yesterday and found out that caught adult chicken pox O_o ! Last time I have been in such pain was when I had my dau...
Views: 315   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 7, 2007 4:00pm
by Kayti
s
susie
doe run inn
cool reunion idea!!! i vote for late september or earyl otctober to catch the fall colors!!!! and only if we can go visit the ghosties!!!!! oh what fun!!!! maybe i will make a road trip on my bike!!! yikes!!! oh joy oh rapture!!!
Views: 386   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 7, 2007 9:45am
by Chad Culbertson
Some pictures of the France madness !!
Still trying to come back to real life, not easy !!! First of all, I just wanted to thank Lord Elmore for giving us the opportunity to make this amazing trip, Larry you rocks, you're my new teddy bear!! I wanna be your portable geisha again !! lol !! (or translator...
Views: 447   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jun 7, 2007 7:57am
by Vitas Povilaitis
artist weight loss plan!
so how much wieght did everyone lose? without trying? poor jasmine...drinkg lots of strawberry wine shakes!!! miss you all..i lost 7 pounds on the new "aritist walk through France "diet......
Views: 308   Replies: 13
Last Post: May 31, 2007 7:25pm
by Tammy Pryce
Del's mailing list !! ( if you wanna see my new stuff ! )
Hi beautiful people !! Been thinking about you all, again, today of course !! I took this day "off" today and chatted with the infernal redhead Kayti the whole freakin day lol ! But tomorrow I'm getting back to my paints for the first time!! Yup !! And if you'd like...
Views: 318   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 30, 2007 5:55pm
by Kayti
Still kickin ???
Hi people !!! Delphine here ! ( watch out !! ) I just came back from the airport and the flight was perfect and I'm still alive!! I just wanted to let you know all that I had the best ( and weirdess ) time of my life ever! The "good byes" were really painful and I...
Views: 394   Replies: 22
Last Post: May 30, 2007 9:39am
by Kayti
o
ofer
the movie dragonlance
when he come out? and how can i find hem on the net tanks ofer
Views: 394   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 29, 2007 3:35pm
by Chad Culbertson
Sorry I haven't been around much
I apoligize for not being here more often...I have been working non-stop since November. And man am I tired....I am now almost caught up...well, close, I have around three things that is a must, and very late...but a lot more pressure is off now. I would like to make...
Views: 580   Replies: 13
Last Post: May 27, 2007 3:49am
by Jon Ray
Question
Goodmorning from Belgium I wrote you a note a few weeks back for permision to use Larry's work for making tubes. Maybe you overlooked this mail(Question for permission May 7) and that's why I write you again. I hope it isn't rude to ask this question again, and I k...
Views: 271   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 23, 2007 2:03am
by Leentje
'Shadamehr encounters Baakesh Va'
I have recently acquired this print off of EBAY at a sick, low price. I am thrilled to death because I have loved this particular illustration for a number of years. I even own the RAL PARTHA miniature, which is very cool as well. I want to discuss the outcome of thi...
Views: 364   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 18, 2007 11:47am
by Trevis
s
susie
Are We There Yet?
huh? are we? are we there, yet? oh, look what i found! a nice silver pocket watch..how pretty! i better keep it , someone may have lost it....hey , mister what is that shiny badge for? and why do you have a gun? can i see it? ooops..that was loud...hey mister y...
Views: 370   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 17, 2007 9:51pm
by Kelly Brightbill
RE: Star Frontiers Prints!?
LARRY! I'm beggin' ya. BEGGIN' ya. PLEASE consider running prints of some of the cover work you did for Star Frontiers back in the day. Your covers to a couple of their modules are classic! What will it take? What??? Tell me! Hey, you rock. Anyone have opi...
Views: 307   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 16, 2007 1:51pm
by Vipin Sharma
looking to add Fantasy Art work to my business website......
aloha.... I am looking for an artist who has in her/his collection Fantasy Art work similar to good old elmore....or other artists as well...ie seliena finch....with Fairies...I like esp the ones with Women in renensence gowns/powerful with swords in hand....U wil...
Views: 366   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 16, 2007 2:26am
by marilyn sheffiel...
Jigsaw Puzzles
in the early 90's APt put out puzzles featuring the artwork of fantasy artists. I was curious to know if this is likely to occur again? I have a puzzle featuring the Shadow Steeds painting, though it is called the Midday Marauders. thanks for the help.
Views: 350   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 16, 2007 1:22am
by Larry Elmore
Step by step drawing at larrys myspace
http://www.myspace.com/larryelmore I wonder if it was a commission, sell it to me! Larry just gets better and better.
Views: 377   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 16, 2007 1:20am
by Larry Elmore
Some Questions from Germany
Hi, sorry for my bad english - but i am from germany. I have some questions: Which names have Larry's Paintings from "Season of the Witch" series. Are they 4 Paintings? Early Snow Ravenstone Eyes of Autmn ??? and Number 4 is??? Is that right??? Can any...
Views: 299   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 16, 2007 1:16am
by Larry Elmore
Question for permision
My name is Leentje, 49 year young, and living with my family in a little town in Belgium/Europe. My hobby is making beautiful creations with Paint shop Pro, and I have improved myself by taking some Tube-lessons. Recently I received my certificate for it. During...
Views: 393   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 8, 2007 8:47pm
by Matthew
s
susie
a kender in paris
so do ya'll think an inflatable toucan outfit would be appropriate for france? toucan kind of sounds french, doesn't it?...he-he i might better off leave it home though..on that long plane ride this lil kender might want to cause some excitement and inflate the tou...
Views: 349   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 4, 2007 7:22pm
by Tammy Pryce
Artist needed
Hi I'm looking for an artist to produce a piece as an anniversary present I have a very specific idea of what i want but am lacking the artistic talent to produce it. the problem is i have absolutely no idea how i would go about finding someone to create this for...
Views: 407   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 26, 2007 3:43pm
by Tammy Pryce
France comming up soon!!!!!
Well, time is passing quickly! Our trip to France is just around the conner now. I don't know about all of you...but I'm getting very excited about it! Looking forward to seeing many of you again, and creating even more wonderful memories! I just know we are goin...
Views: 345   Replies: 14
Last Post: Apr 23, 2007 11:29am
by Jasmine Becket-G...
s
susie
here comes the ariplane!
so is anyone leaving from jfk and landing in london first? susie
Views: 347   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 22, 2007 8:11am
by Chad Culbertson
New Painting!
Here is the latest new painting. http://www.mscottstudio.com/death.html Matt
Views: 323   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 19, 2007 7:54pm
by susie
CDs
Hey I FINALLY got to open up all those cds from the Fall class. I know... I'm slow. I had a computer that liked to eat cds, so I never wanted to risk trying to view them. But now I'm up and running on a new machine and the images you all took are great! Thanks for al...
Views: 258   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 7, 2007 11:25am
by Matthew
m
Marco
Digital Paiting?
Ahoy. I would like to know what does Larry thinks about digital paiting? Why doesnt he use it? Does oil paitings have some advantage?
Views: 365   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 2, 2007 9:06am
by Berin Uriegas
Thanks for letting me visit!
I would like to start this message out by thanking Mr. Elmore for taking the time out of his busy schedule to accommodate myself and Mr. McGhee for his video project. It was definitely an honor and a privilege to meet you in person, as well as take a small tour of t...
Views: 320   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2007 10:30pm
by Michael Guy
a
Ally
LARRY are you going to SoE Fan Faire again?
Since its August 2nd to the 5th will I be seeing you and your fabulous art work again this year? Its in Vegas @ the Rio. Please please please say your coming again :D cus I want a picture with you in my newest costume for the Costume contest cus like I told yah :P...
Views: 336   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 21, 2007 2:05pm
by Ally
j
jjudd
Snarfquest: broken link?
I just went to the snarfquest shopping area, and tried to order the Snarfquest d20 book, but I couldn't select the book on it's own to order. Is the book no longer available unless you purchase it in the snarfquest bundle pack (and it's just listed for reference pur...
Views: 298   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 18, 2007 4:53pm
by jjudd
My (First) Commission!
Hey all, I received this a few months ago, but was just looking through the site again and thought I would post. This piece was briefly viewable while the latest commissions were being offered, but I thought I'd share it again, for anybody that wasn't able to see...
Views: 319   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 15, 2007 6:22pm
by Erik Sveinson
Sept. Class
Hey who all is planning to be in the Sept. painting class?
Views: 374   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 2, 2007 7:43pm
by susie bee kender
k
Just a heads up to the tech team- is the commission page not working, or is it just me?
Views: 385   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 2, 2007 12:52am
by Larry Elmore
Big Book of babes
I got my copy this week anbd I wanted to say that Larry's comments added so much to the book, I laughed several times when reading it. Its also good to know that I'm not the only one who think crossbows are the hardest parts of pictures, when you have to draw them, t...
Views: 401   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 2, 2007 12:49am
by Larry Elmore
r
Renk
Simply amazing!
I'm quite pleased to be surfing for Dragonlance art and stumbling across this site. I'm reading Chronicles and Legends for, oh, about the 6th time in my life, and wanted to check out the art. I had no idea that prints of some of my favorite paintings are now availabl...
Views: 371   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 2, 2007 12:44am
by Larry Elmore
g
Gregg
Larry's now on myspace
ok guys, for those of us that have a myspace page, let's go welcome larry to the site and be his friend. http://www.myspace.com/larryelmore
Views: 380   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 26, 2007 7:21pm
by Gregg
an uncut sheet of collector cards signed to his nephew
I recently acquired an uncut sheet of Elmore art cards. On the bottom, he signed it to his nephew. Does anyone have a clue what it might be worth? Does anyone want it?
Views: 334   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 23, 2007 7:40am
by barna10
d
Dan
Looking for an image
Hi there im new here and just found this site today im looking for a picture of a female worrior and a dragon behind her do you know if larry has a picture of something like that? beside the one on this site of the female head and dragon or maybe another artist is...
Views: 395   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 19, 2007 4:53am
by Dan
d
Deanna
UH.....
First off I'd Like to say Oh my Gods!!!!! This is absolutely coincidental I happened on to some of Mr.Elmore's works on myspace. Ive read the dragonlance novles and seen the pictures on the boxes and boos for D&D And AD&D But I never paid any attention to the artis...
Views: 391   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 15, 2007 6:12pm
by Deanna
Im New In 3d World
AssalamuAlikum im Tariq Raheel 24 male Karachi Pakistan im new in 3de world im learing 3d studio max but i want 2 learn other softwears how can if u help me plz send me some basic info n new softwear's links plz n tell me new n usefulk sites plzz Allah Hafiz
Views: 338   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 14, 2007 8:41pm
by peircer
Is this a part of Larrys Pics?
Hi out there, I found two small heads on a page called kirith.com (bet u know this page)... well and I try to track down there original painter... I think it could be Larry's work, but I couldn't find them on the published art. Have a look: first a dwarf: http:...
Views: 396   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 11, 2007 9:56am
by Angrentil
Baby news
Andrea and I found out today that we're having a little boy!!!!! Heart rate was normal and he weighs about 11 ounces. We're really excited. Due date is still set for June 30th. I can't wait to teach him to draw!! No names picked yet... any ideas?
Views: 351   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 9, 2007 8:57am
by Jenny Heidewald
s
Sam
TV Program on Larry Elmore
Hello, I am a WKU student and employee of WKYU-PBS in Bowling Green, KY and I want to make a documentary on Larry. I think it would be great to have a special on you that can air on the local PBS station in Bowling Green. This program would be a look into his life,...
Views: 393   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 5, 2007 5:32am
by Trevis
France!
Hey Suzie..... Don't know about you but I am getting pretty darn excited now for the France class. New year has started, and I got my pass port in the mail today! Woo hoo I am so ready to go!!!!!! By the way something for everyone to remember. The ele...
Views: 421   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 3, 2007 3:25pm
by peircer
Artwork for Morrowind Mod
I am making a mod for a game callled Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind which includes a bunch of tapestries for use as decorations and wall hangings. I would like to use dome of Larry Elmore's artwork for this purpose, but don't wish to step on anyone's toes. The mod will...
Views: 345   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 2, 2007 2:34am
by Joshua Bott
m
Meg
Larry at Con on the Cob
Hey Larry, I see you're going to be at Con on the Cob this year. Rock on! I can't wait to see you there - we had a blast last year with Mr. Easley. And you're a bit more of a party animal. Hey everyone! Larry's going to Con on the Cob! He's the guest of honor! I...
Views: 343   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 31, 2007 7:07pm
by Meg
t
Tim
Spiritual Injection
Hello all, and Larry. I'm sure these types of posts happen quite often, but I throwing mine into the pot anyhow. Anyway, my name is Tim (36 now) and I was quite the gamer as a teenager in the 80's. I can remember the moment I saw the cover of the TSR basic set...
Views: 335   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 30, 2007 1:42am
by Tim
Gary Cook at Fort Knox
Larry: Do you remember my dad, Gary Cook? You worked with him at Fort Knox? Please contact me. My brothers David and Mark and I would love to make contact with you again. Kathy
Views: 317   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 25, 2007 9:32pm
by Kathy Cook
trying to get back into painting.
Hello all,hows it going? I've been a huge fan of yours for a very lonnng time. But I do have a few questions for you, even though I know you are very busy. But here it goes. I'm getting back into painting but it has been a very long time since I've done it last due t...
Views: 433   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 22, 2007 9:09pm
by Michael
tattoo
do i need to permission from the copyrighters to have an elmore tattooed?
Views: 362   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 21, 2007 4:06pm
by Mike B
BIG BOOK OF BABES!
YAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!! I love the little photo page, that's so cute! "Well, how do you like the titles of these two books 'Elmore's Big Book of Babes'...real catchy huh? Another example of my southern wisdom when it comes to titles! Man, I have such a hard time gi...
Views: 423   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 19, 2007 3:07pm
by William
j
J.J.S.
1994 card collection
I am trying to find out the name of this series of cards and would appreciate any help i could get. I am also needing to know if a price guide for the cards exist... The cards are color and numbered 1 thru 88 i dont know if its a complete set or not
Views: 303   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 19, 2007 2:53pm
by William
Basic Info About 3D Studio Max
Hi How r u...? im Tariq Raheel im new person in 3d world i learned AutoCad now learning 3d studio max 8 version. im in Pakistan there r no such progress in 3d feild so i want 2 know everything throw internet n whith help urself hope u can understand the proble...
Views: 334   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 19, 2007 9:05am
by Muhammad Tariq R...
g
Question about some shop items
About the 1984 versions of the Dragonlance Chronicles covers. When it gives the option to buy "all three covers", for example from the page of DoAT, it means the 1984 versions of DoAT, DoWN and DoSD, right? Just to be absolutely sure, since making the same "all three...
Views: 356   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 19, 2007 5:55am
by Andrea
v
Vicki
Thrusday Child (Gone to Far)
Hello, I have a print re:subject, signed Larry Elmore. Could this be the same and if so could you possibly date the print? Thanking you in advance, Vicki Schatz
Views: 382   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 18, 2007 1:52pm
by Vicki
1 2 3 4
Free Forum powered by Bravenet