Return to Website

MN Billiards Discussion Board

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MNBILLIARDS.COM.  MNBILLIARDS.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR MATERIAL POSTED.

Posts of a commercial/promotional nature will be removed from the forum. This includes posts regarding sales of products, and event or business promotion. To advertise products, billiards events, and businesses on MNBilliards.com, please email eightball@mnbilliards.com for more information on our advertising products.

If you want to discuss shots, there is a really cool tool called a "Cue Table." It allows you to position balls on a table in order to set up shots. It requires a Macromedia Shockwave plug-in.

To check out the Cue Table Click here.

For instructions on how to use the Cue Table, Click here.

MN Billiards Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M8 sanctioning

Someone told me that M8 is not sanctioned for VNEA or MOMA tournaments this year. Is that true?
I need to know to figure where my team is going to play this year. Thanks for your responses.

Re: M8 sanctioning

Someone does not know what they are talking about. M8 has always been sanctioned for MOMA - it has something to do with the tables thay play on - like the vendors tables who belong to MOMA.

Re: Re: M8 sanctioning

Yea, it does have something to do with the tables they play on but, I have also heard the rumor. Pretty sure M-8 lost their MOMA sanctioning at the last meeting. They are still trying everything they can do to get it back is the rumor.

I hear this too. I heard the vendors were not going to let m8 in to this anymore. Somethin like that. I know I'm going to make sure and not waste money on M8 if all I can play is m8's tournies. I put up with there retarded rules just for the extra sactioning.

I was curious to just which "retarded rules" you are referring to?

can someone form m8 get on this? MOMA is the tourney I like to go to. if triple crown teams can't play in it how do we get sanctioned? will there be other sanctioning for state tourneys?

Re: Re: M8 sanctioning Diamond Dumb

I think you guys at M-8 should stick to leagues instead of selling tables ........ Bummer

Re: Re: Re: M8 sanctioning Diamond Dumb

I heard from an owner of a vending company that m8 would not be getting sanctioned for moma this year.

Re: Re: Re: M8 sanctioning Diamond Dumb

HEY DIAMOND DUMB, I.E. HALFBUCK, I.E. DOUBLE MT, I.E. ERIC, DONT SEEM TO REMEMBER A TIME THEY EVER SOLD TABLES.

Re: Re: Re: Re: M8 sanctioning Diamond Dumb

Dey sell'em out da back of Bruce's pickemup twuck!

Ya can't blame the vendors. Why let M8 have sanctioning and play on there tables, when all the vendors have there own leagues anyway. Plus I think there ran better too. WAY TO GO VENDORS! I also agree with the other post about rules. Lets get everybody on the same rules. Not just this Minnesota made up rules.

Settle down folks, whoever you are? Using real names would be good in this instance (the rumor mill always starts without real names). I was called the other day wondering about the Fall season because they heard M-8 was delaying the Fall Season.
Please. I'm still here gainfully employed, and we do not sell pool tables, never have. M-8 has contracts with the major Vendors in the Twin Cities for our Triple Crown Leagues, I assure you these contracts are still valid. M-8 is coming off their largest 2 seasons in History and will be just as strong & SANCTIONED this Fall. Fall Season Starts Sept. 15th - 21st, mailing out rosters shortly. Ignore the rumors on this board because that is all they are. Any Questions you can shoot me an e-mail at jjm@m8pool.com or call the office 612-729-6636.

If their are real names claiming this please post, cause we'd like to put a stop to the "downright lies".

Your League Manager,
Joel

Thanks for responding - I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to sleep tonite!

HEY BILLY, IF YOU HAVE A HARD TIME SLEEPING AT NIGHT, I HAVE A GOOD TIP. TRY SOMETHING OTHER THAN THAT PIECE OF SLATE YOUR SLEEPING ON. YOU GOT THAT AT HOM FURNITURE?
LOL

Martin could you please inform us all who this person is?

"I heard from an owner of a vending company that m8 would not be getting sanctioned for moma this year."

What would really answer the question is if someone from the MOMA board would respond. Of course M-8 is going to say they are sanctioned, they would rather deal with the teams being mad then the teams not playing their league.

Re: Re: Re: M8 sanctioning

Yea as long as M8 is able to take your money, they will say & do anything to get the green.

I find it hard to believe that the MOMA vending organization is going to turn down quarter drop on their tables by discouraging play.

I wouldn't find that hard to believe. There is more than just coin drop to this situation.