Return to Website

Clan McGovern Web Forum

Forum for the McGovern Clan

Clan McGovern Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another McGovern

My father's name was John McGovern, his father was Owen and his mother Margaret. They migrated to Aus in approx 1912. They were settlers in the Burdekin area of Queensland. Dad had 2 brothers, Owen - never married, and Patrick who married and had 3 children. My father and mother had 10 children, all live in Queensland. Dad also had 2 sisters, Molly and Katie, both married but no children.

I believe my father was born in Glasgow in 1906, of Irish parents. We have no real detail of any time before this.

Do we fit in?

Re: Another McGovern

hi my name is simon mcgovern.i live in bolton england,my grandad was hector, his father was irish,please reply

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

My father's name was John McGovern, his father was Owen and his mother Margaret. They migrated to Aus in approx 1912. They were settlers in the Burdekin area of Queensland. Dad had 2 brothers, Owen - never married, and Patrick who married and had 3 children. My father and mother had 10 children, all live in Queensland. Dad also had 2 sisters, Molly and Katie, both married but no children.

I believe my father was born in Glasgow in 1906, of Irish parents. We have no real detail of any time before this.

Do we fit in?