General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
trying to get back into painting.

Hello all,hows it going? I've been a huge fan of yours for a very lonnng time. But I do have a few questions for you, even though I know you are very busy. But here it goes. I'm getting back into painting but it has been a very long time since I've done it last due to my job, but know that I am back in one place. I've been trying to get back into painting and well I kinda forgot a few things lol. I know your back ground is done in oils but the question I have is what do you use for the fine details on the characters. And also is there any good tips you could give me on how to start out again example brand name of oil that is good and also do you use ink pens on your drawing for the fine details or is it all done in oil. Thank you so much for your time take care and keep up the good work.
Mike

Re: trying to get back into painting.

hi mike! welcome to the board! i will just sneak in a suggestion..if you don't mind......i have found the best inspiration to get back into painting or drawing is to take one of larry's classes.....he will gladly tell you all he knows.....and make sure you have a tube of raw umber...right fellow students? good luck!

Re: Re: trying to get back into painting.

Ohhhh I sure wish I could except for I live in Canada and I don't think my wife would let me go lol. with a child on the way.

Re: trying to get back into painting.

Heya Michael.... Larry's paintings are all done in oil. Even the fine details are in oil using small round sable brushes (#1, #2). Susie is right. If you can ever possibly make it to a class for a week, it would be worth it. Plus the Doe Run Inn is haunted. So it's all good times.

Re: Re: trying to get back into painting.

Plus it would be fine if you brought your wife and child along for the class. While you're getting all learned in art she can enjoy the old inn. My wife loves the place.

Re: Re: Re: trying to get back into painting.

that's a great idea!!!!!!!!!!!! how bout it michael!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: trying to get back into painting.

LOL I will try and convince her but I'm thinking it will be a NO but who know will give it a shot lol.