General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: september classes - Not able to go

You're not blacklisted, no worries there.

Re: Re: Re: Re: september classes - Not able to go

So you think I can go next year?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: september classes - Not able to go

hi fay!

i hope you are feeling better...i am sure you will have no problem going next year as long as ya register on time! larry is just a regular guy and understanding...i really hope you do sign up next year..it is something not to miss!

Re: september classes

Not that I would expect anyone to know who I am, but I will be there as well. I've been a fan of Larry's for about 15 years now, so needless to say this will be quite an experience for me.

Re: Re: september classes

nope, i don't know who you are yet! thst's why i posted...i can't be there physically and thought i could meet you all virtually! all of you must be so very excited!!! thanx for responding

Hi,

I'm Jeff from California and I'll be taking the class in September. I've been in love with Larry's art ever since I first found Dragons of Autumn Twilight and just stared at that cover for what seemed like forever.

hi jeff from california! welcome! yeah , that is one of my favorite covers, too! by the way, y'all i am a real live kender! you are probably lucky i won't be there, cause bright shiny things seem to find there way into my pouches at the same time you might be missing them! tee-hee!

Jeff -

You and I are very much alike in that respect. Autumn Twlight was the first cover by Larry I ever saw, and I too stared at it (and others) a great deal trying to discern just HOW in the world Larry was able to make his paints behave that way.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

- Erik

Hi Susie. My art background... well I suppose I always drew. Then after high school I went to the Academy of Art in San Francisco. I had a fantastic 4 years there although I am still paying off the loans!!! Out of school I got an asst. Animation job working on some films. From there I went to work as a graphic designer for a T-shirt company. Then I worked for 7 years as an artist for a video game company in the bay area. I left there 2 years ago and started a custom airbrush business for motorcycles. That has been alot of fun too, but my goal is to eventually make my living as a freelance fantasy illustrator. Larry's work has always been a big inspiration to me. 3 years ago, I got a book of his signed. I thought that was the best thing in the world. Now I have the opportunity yo learn uder him directly... it really is a dream come true.
I look forward to meeting you Tom, and anyone else coming to the class. And for those of you who can't come, it's nice to meet you virtually as well.
Sincerely,
Daniel

wow, what a varied and interesting art career you have had! i am sorry i won't be able to meet you personally! thanx to all for sharing your stories! be prepared for an awesome experience!

I too will be joining this class. I look forward to meeting all the newcomes and getting caught up with my returning friends. Lets hope we get the good gesso this time.
If anyone wants to check out some of my work you can visit my website by following the link below. I have also just started a new drawing and will be posting updates on my site as I work on it.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I will talk to you all again soon.

Kelly

The Art of Kelly Brightbill

Re: Re: Re: september classes

hi kelly! that is so cool you are going,. who else from the old crew is going? i am glad we will be represented...is your new piece from the shoot we had at last class? god , we had fun..gesso experience and all! miss ya!

susie

Re: Re: Re: Re: september classes

Yes, it is one of Kristi. I have wanted to do one of her for awhile now. Not sure who else from past classes are going other then Pierce and maybe Meg.
well back to the drawing board, hehe yeah I know, cheesy.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: september classes

Kelly, I really enjoyed your website mate. I am going to order one of your prints to hang in my room. Great to see a fellow soldier doing wonderful things.

CW2 Brook Swartz

My bags are packed and I am ready to go (does the eagerness show?)

I look forward to meeting everyone this weekend!

- E