General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Eating in France

No and I hope never to learn!

Re: Re: Eating in France

Think of it like this: if people that like food as much as they do eat something, it has to be good.

Re: Re: Re: Eating in France

Actually, frog eating is a cliché. We never eat frogs. In 35 yrs I ate some only once, when a kid (that was pretty tasty). Older generations probably ate some but now it is a (almost) lost culinary habit. On the other hand, we eat Burgundy snails cooked with garlic. Very tasty (but foul breath after :-), you can probably try it during your stay (with some Burgundy wine...) ;-)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Eating in France

Burgundy Snails with garlic. That sounds nice enough to try. Keeps both women and vampires away!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Eating in France

Isn't that the same thing?
Seriously though, the snails were really good.

That's very wise thinking.

Oh forgot your initial question : "Does anyone how to eat a frog in France ?"

Well, with a knife and fork.
But you can try frog-burger with your fingers if you want, my american friend, just think about removing the tiny bones before... lol

Re: Re: Eating in France

Ahh, a man with experience. Thank you for your honesty and your knowledge.

Just making fun of clichés ;-)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Eating in France

Touché on that Cliché!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Eating in France

The funny thing is that I, being from South Carolina, have probably eaten more frogs than anybody in Burgundy.
I think the english started the whole thing about frogs. Which is bloody ironic considering black pudding...

now I know how to eat that goddaaaaamn frog !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;-) my little cheeseburger !!!!!!

XOXOX