General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Class

Hi Larry & everybody!

(Sorry so late, I was down in the Caribbean, hehe!)

I had such a WONDERFUL time in class! I learned so much. I just bought a bunch of boards and more paint so I can try out some oil painting on the side - so far so good. I've been working in oils a little bit every day (in the evenings, since my days are currently filled with commissioned paintings that have piled up, blah). So far so good.

I am SO looking forward to France!!!!!!!

Agreed too - we should have a Painting II class for those who attended previous painting classes so we could build upon what we've learned so far. I'd sign up immediately, for sure!

Thank you everybody for being so great!

Jasmine
jasminetoad@aol.com
http://www.strangeling.com

Re: The Class

Couple things I've confirmed (i.e. 'discovered' through hardheadedness even though Larry said so) since the class:

1-you can never have too much raw umber on your palette. Not ever.
2-wooden palettes quite literally suck (even when they're oiled 46 times)
3-Cadmium red never dries. Ever. Not ever. It's like it's got some kind of magical oil of oily-ish-ness in it. I'm still using the same blob of it that I squeezed out the day after the class. And that's from a tube of 16 year old paint with a hole in it. (see comment from above if you're thinking I'm Scots-Irish about paint)

Anyway, may your brushes stay fresh and your days go like Kelly's paint: smooooooth.

Re: Re: The Class

love that last line, galachad! you ARE smooth...isn't it funny how someone can tell us something and we still have to find out for ourselves? (i do that all the time..and then say oh..now i get it...that's what you menat!!)tee-hee! miss ya , buddy!

Re: Re: The Class

i miss u