Dillman's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Dillman's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
John Dillmann b abt 1865

I am researching John Dillmann, my ggf, b abt 1865 in either PA or NY m Maria Dackermann b 11Jul 1874 Bklyn NY d. 24 Dec 1936. They had at least one child, Franklin John b 11July 1895 in Bklyn. A John Dillmann was born in PA about 1865 and another was in the Hudson River State Hospital (HRSH) in 1900 (not there in the 1910 USC) about the same age however the link for one of them (or if they are in fact both the same person) to be MY John Dillman remains missing. I have a copy of Franklin John’s bc listing both of his parents. In the 1900 USC Maria (Mary) is listed as a widow living with her mother and Franklin John. Verbal family history has John dying shortly after his son’s birth; however I am unable to find any evidence of John Dillmann’s death. I question if MY John may in fact be the HRSH John, when it may have been a lot easier to say he had died as compared to being placed in a state institution. I suspect a trip to Albany, NY to look for the HRSH dc is vital to this search as the HRSH does not have any record of his stay. Any and all help, suggestions will be greatly appreciated as this search started in early 2002, which caused me to go to the first DFA reunion, and I am obviously still searching.

Name You Are Researching John Dillmann b abt 1865