Dillman's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Dillman's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Henricus Hubertus Tillmann

What a wonderful site! My gggf was H H Tillmann from Aachen, Germany on the border with Belgium and the Netherlands. He changed his name to Henry Hubert Dillman, Wife Anna changed her name to Ann, when they arrived in the US in Alabama. From there he headed Westward, ending up in Kansas. Other family members migrated to Oklahoma. Now we are spread coast to coast.

Any other Tillmann => Dillman folks out there?

Name You Are Researching Dillman Tillmann

Re: Henricus Hubertus Tillmann

David, We have two Tillman's in the Dillman DNA (DDNA) project whom I would be willing to forward an email to them for you; one lives in Sweden and the other stateside. If you have not already done so I invite you to read about our DDNA project at www.frankdillman.com/dnaindexa.html
Also a powerful discovery as a result of our DDNA can be found here on the DFA site - read about the Dillman/Stillman connection. Doubt if this would have been discovered without the DNA samples - at least in my life time.

Hi David,

Welcome to the Dillman forum. I can't add anything to Frank's reply except to tell you that Aachen, Germany brings back some pleasant memories. I have a beautiful print of early Aachen that hangs proudly in our home.

I hail from Southern Illinois and somehow ended up here in Pittsford, NY (suburb of Rochester) almost 30 yrs. ago. When you get a chance to review our web sites, you'll see some of the really amazing things that have been uncovered since our first reunion in 2002.

Hope you'll keep in touch,

Earl

Name You Are Researching Dillman line

My ggggf was John Tillman who was supposedly from SC and was in Louisiana around 1800. Would be interested in trying to compare notes.

Name You Are Researching Tillman

#52186 in our DNA project looks like they might share your ancestor.

Name You Are Researching all Dillmans

Phil, #52186 is my ancestor John Tillman who was born circa 1782 probably in South Carolina, was in Louisiana Territory by 1800. He married Rebecca Leavens in 1805. He lived in Catahoula Parish and later Ouachita Parish, LA and died there in 1828. Have been unable to find siblings or parents.

#52186 is a descendant of Samuel Howard Tillman. I didn't know if this was a close relative of yours or a distant cousin. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Name You Are Researching all Dillmans

Samuel Howard Tillman was my grandfather.