Dillman's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Dillman's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
John and Hannah Dillman

John and Hannah had Salome, Mary Ann, and Elijah.

Salome married on 9-7-1864 to Peter Myers. Peter died in the Civil War. Salome lived to be 104 or 105. She had Susan Catherine Myers who married Edward Drudge.

Name You Are Researching John and Hannah Dillman

Re: John and Hannah Dillman

your post is several years old, but I only just now discovered it. On the mormon genealogy site your ancestor Salome Dillman and my maternal family line share the same direct descendent from Germany named Elias Dillman (Diehlman) - If you happen to get read this post, I'd be interested in hearing what you know about the family line.

Name You Are Researching Dillman

I just now found this. in 2017! ARG! I don't know much and am having a hard time finding anything.

Name You Are Researching John and Hannah Dillman

Hi, Paula.
I am so sorry that nobody from the DFA has responded to your post previously.
I have a scanned image of Saloma/Salome Dillman Myer's 104th birthday announcement from the Indianapolis Star from October 29, 1933. It's in my binder of the Dillman/Dayga/Dagga Group which is the Dillman DNA Group 7.
Her father was John Dillman 1782-1861 and mother Hannah Landis 1790-1862. They married 21 Sept 1820. John's father was Jacob Dillman (died 1819) and mother was Margaret Lehman (died 1819). Jacob's father was Jacob Dillman Dayga, probably born in Germany and immigrated to Franklin County, Virginia. He was married to Christenah (found in the marriage record of one of their daughters, dated April 1788.
We have a participant for that group in our Dillman DNA project. I hope that helps.

Name You Are Researching All Dillmans