Dillman's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Dillman's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dillmans in Pennsylvania in the 1700's and 1800's

My ancestor, John Gabel of Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties in Pennsylvania married a Margaret/Margret A. Dillman sometime about 1856 or so. She was probably born about November 17, 1839 in Pennsylvania. I found a Margaret Dillman in the 1850 Census for Radnor Twp., Delaware County, PA. She was living in the household of Ralf and Elizabeth Davis and their two children and three other people of different surnames. Possibly Margaret was visiting relatives or she was an orphan. In 1840, when she was an infant, there were no Dillmans living in Delaware County, but all Dillmans in the Census lived in Philadelphia County. Three had females under age 5 in their household--Christopher of the Northern Liberties Ward, John of Roxborough Twp., and John of Northern Liberties. My Gabels were of the Northern Liberties Ward.

When Margaret married John C. Gabel, they moved to Iroquois County, Illinois, where she died May 17, 1873, in the town of Onarga.

I am going to Philadelphia to do research in the fall and would like to find out more about this Dillman branch. Any help or advice will be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Myrna Noyes

Name You Are Researching Margaret A. Dillman