Dillman's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Dillman's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Decendents of George Friedrich Dillman and Balthasar Dillman

Our DNA project has connected me to Erich Friedrich Dihlmann in Germany, with whom I have been corresponding (thanks to tips from Frank). According to Erich, Georg Friedrich Dillman b. 12 Oct 1735 in Wurmberg, Germany and Balthasar Dillman b. 17 July 1722 in Wurmberg sailed from Rotterdam on the ship Neptune and arrived in Philadelphia 7 Oct 1755. These are sons of Johann Jakob Dillman, b. 27 Oct 1685 in Wurmberg and d. 20 Aug. 1735. The Passenger and Immigration Index indicates that "Georg Friedrich Dillman" arrived in 1755, but I've found no mention of Balthasar. What happened to both of these men, particularly Georg, because we know that he arrived? Could George possibly be the father of my Christopher Dillman, b. about 1760 and married Anna Maria Schulz 28 Oct 1783 in Berks County, PA.? The dates would fit and the lineage seems to fit.

I'm hoping some of you researches might have information about these two fellows that you can share which will help solve a big puzzle.

Betsy Ross

Name You Are Researching George (Gerg) Friedrich Dillman (Dihlmann) and Balthasar (Baltes) Dillman