Dillman's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Dillman's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Janet Dillman Hollingsworth, Nova Scotia, 1813-1885

I am looking for the parents of Janet Dillman b. 1813, Meaghers Grant, Halifax, Co, Nova Scotia, died Feb 11, 1885, Greenfield, Colchester Co, Nova Scotia.
She marrried Thomas Hollingsworth (1802-1884) They had a son, David Hollingsworth born 1884 in Mousquidoboit, Nova Scotia. Does anyone know this Dillman family?

Name You Are Researching Janet Dillman

Re: Janet Dillman Hollingsworth, Nova Scotia, 1813-1885

Hi, Linda. I believe we corresponded before. According to the book "Family Tree History - Dillman Reunion, 1790-1995", Christopher Tillman married Margaret McDougal October 20, 1786 in St. George's Anglican Church in Halifax. They had nine children, one of which was Jane (Janet) Dillman, b. approx. 1802. She married Thomas Hollingsworth and had nine children, the last one being David. It doesn't list any parents for Christopher, although, if we don't already have one, a male Dillman from your group participating in the DNA project might help to further your tree farther back. Good luck!

Name You Are Researching all Dillmans

Hi, The DNA project might give many of us with our missing infomation. My family is in the DNA bank. We in our family are looking for a missing link around the early 18 hundreds or late 17 hundreds so we have to check this out. I have reached a dead end around the time Christopher and his brother came to North America. I wonder if my GG grandfather (Peter) was a brother to these fellows who came to north america? OF course we have lost contact with more recent relatives. We have a Henry Dillman or Heinrick who arrived in Canada around 1913. He is a brother to my grandfather Martin we would like to find his kin. Grandpa Martin's desire was to reconnect with his family. He knew they were enrout to America!! I have found the ship record with Heinrich and a female landing in Halifax in 1913 so any help to locate any of his family would be greatly appreciated. And if I have anything to connect Janet Dillman I will be most honored to pass on the information. Thank you for any and all help. Chris

Name You Are Researching Peter Dillman

Hi all...I am wondering if anyone from this Dillman line ever signed up for the DNA Project and, if so, what was discovered. I believe we are Group 4. Thanks, Donna

Name You Are Researching Christoph Georg Dillman, Meager's Grant, Nova Scotia, Canada

Hi, Donna. You do have a family participant in the DNA study. It is a descendant of Thomas who lived from 1902 to 1966 in Meaghers Grant. He lists his lineage on the participant page.

Name You Are Researching Dillman

Re: Christoph Georg Dillman

Hi Donna,

You are right, your Dillmann ancestor is currently listed in Group 4 of the DNA project and a distant cousin of your tested. What we determined is that this line is separate, genetically, from the other lines in the project. At present, we don't have a match with any of our German testees. We would be able to do more analysis if we were to have other participants from this line to join our project.

Andrew

DDNA project admin.

Name You Are Researching Dillman