Dillman's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Dillman's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lost Dillman relatives...........

I am looking for information on Abram (Abraham) F. Dillman and his immediate family. Abram (1877-1949)is my gg-grandfather's brother. Abram and his brother Harry left Gettysburg, PA in their early 20s---both going west. Harry settled somewhere near Johnstown, PA while Abram went to Illinois. I have some census reports that has Abram living in Ogle County and Lee County. I do know Abram married a girl named Hannah (1880-?) and they had a daughter named Catherine (1908-?). Hannah's maiden name was Hypes. His middle was probably Francis. His father's name was William Francis Dillman. Abram was one of 14 children of which only 8 lived. If anyone has any added information they would like to share it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cecilia

Name You Are Researching Abram (Abraham) F. Dillman

Re: Lost Dillman relatives...........

Hi, Cecelia.
In the Dillman/Dagga (or Dayga) info, I show an Abraham Dillman (b. 1790) married to an Elizabeth "Betsey" Hypes but haven't found yours in any of the info here in the DFA Library (my house). I have a binder of "unplaced PA Dillmans" which has a Grace Gertrude Dillman (1889-1972) married to a William Martin Shealer and pictured in Gettysberg, PA. Her parents were Albert John Dillman and Ida Grace Riley. Not sure if they tie into your group. Meanwhile, I saw listings on Genforum by two people researching your same names, although, the posts were from a while ago. Hope that helps.

Name You Are Researching All Dillmans

Re: Lost Dillman relatives...........

Hi Phil....

Yes those are my Dillmans.....They originate from Gettysburg PA....Albert John is my gggrandfather...Would love to hear more from you....feel free to email me at my address plainandsimple_17325@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Cecilia

Name You Are Researching Abram (Abraham) F. Dillman