Dillman's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Dillman's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dillman's from the Carvins Cove area of Virginia

I am looking for information regarding Dillman's who lived in the Patterson Creek/Carvins Cove/Franklin County, Virginia area. My ggmother was Lucinda Hazeltine Lemon, her parents were Daniel B. Dillman Jr. and 2nd wife Mary (Polly) Watkins of Botetourt County Virginia. I believe this branch of the Dillman family lived in/near Carvin's Cove.

Name You Are Researching Dillman, Lemon, Hiner

Re: Dillman's from the Carvins Cove area of Virginia

First off, we need to know in what timeframe these people lived before we can attempt to assist you.

Toby Hurley

I have A Daniel Dillman b 1765 in Botetourt Co, Va m to Elizabeth Spitler son of Jacob and Mary Fisher DILLMAN

Name You Are Researching Dillman

The Dillmans from the Botetourt Co., VA area are from the Dillman-Dayga group.I show several Daniel Dillmans in that group but don't find a listing for a second wife named Mary "Polly" Watkins. What was the name of his first wife? What are some of their birth dates?

Name You Are Researching All Dillmans

The Dillmans left Botetourt Co in the 1830's. Went to Ohio. Didn't know which of the female relatives were left in VA after that.

Daniel Dillman c1793-c186_ had 6 children by his 1st wife Mary Ann Dill (Deal). Had at least 4 additional with Mary Watkins whom he married 23 Apr 1842 including a Lucinda 1847-1928.

This Daniel is the son of Daniel Dillman who died before 1825 in Botetourte Co and Elizabeth (Deal?)

Daniel (d1825) is the youngest son of Jacob Dillman who died in Franklin Co Va

Hope this helps.

i have the will from daniel and his wife mary dill plus some land maps from property . i found stuff at courthouse will bring to reunion. rex

Rex, Look forward to seeing them at the reunion. Thanks. Geri

one of the dillman daughters of daniel sr i believe married one of the dills i think henry i have that will too. there is a access road to the origonal dillman property . although i didnt go there yet plan to on next trip to botetourt county. see ya all at reunion i hope! rex

heres some more stuff .couldnt get on before...daniel dillman married mary dill12/22/1814. joel dillman married polly spitlar8/14/1831. spitlars moved with dillmans to ohio and later indiana. another daniel dillman married mary watkins 4/23/1842 adam dillman married julia mankey 5 /13/1822. micheal dillman marreied susanna hypes 11/26/1821.abarham dillman married elizabeth hypes9/29/1819. think same people who were in ohio census in 1830s. jacob dillman married elizabeth burk 8/12/1806. these are from botetourt county marrage records. rex dillman

To clarify the Daniels, that Rex and I have posted info on. There are 4 separate Daniels--all descendents of Jacob of Franklin Co VA. 1 son, 2 grandsons, and 1 grt grandson. There are more.

Would like to hear from anyone researching Jacob.s line.

Geri

Name You Are Researching all desc of Jacob Dillman