Dillman's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Dillman's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Woodrow & Grace Dillman of Indiana

I am looking to try and find out more of my families history. My grandfather's name was Woodrow Dillman and my Grandmother is Grace Dillman. Most of my Dillman family lived in Indiana. I am trying to find out my great grandfathers's name and just some history on where my family name originated, what kind of people we were etc. etc. etc.

thanks,
Gary.

Name You Are Researching Dillman

Re: Woodrow & Grace Dillman of Indiana

There is a Woodrow Dillman enumerated in the 1930 census. Listed as age 15 (b. abt. 1915) son of Oren Dillman as age 43 (b. abt. 1887). Residence - Center Twp., Howard Co, IN. Could this possibly be your Woodrow?

Gary, Woody and Grace are also my grandparents. I have LOTS of information on them and the family line back to John Dillman (b. 1815 KY).
Woody was a preacher and liked to talk a lot. He was a noble man that highly valued family. He had red hair like me and my dad. Grace embodied her name. She was kind and soft-spoken. They finally settled in Andrews, Indiana. That is were I know them from. I wish I could have gotten to know them better.
Let me know what information I can find for you. There is a lot of information on the web and with some family members. Peace, Brother

Now that information set me back some about Woodys hair being red ....do you have any photos of the dillmans if you write to a personal e-mail I can share some photos I have.....and some back ground I am working with a Dillman family member on Ansectery,com building this Oren Dillman line....
Hope to hear from you soon...
Jeanne Dillman Oren and Elise Dillmans' granddaughter

Name You Are Researching Dillman

Posted for Gary Dillman by frank. Post modified to eliminate names of living.

Woodrow and Grace were/are my grandparents.

Who is Deanne’s parents? And next of kin???

Gary,

This is Don Dillman, I was born in Kokomo Indiana, I have some Dillman family all through Indiana. My Dad and Mom's people were from around Center Indiana. I'm the grandson of Angie and Wilbur Dillman.

It's currently raining here in Scotland, just got back from Spain where our family enjoyed unparalleled sunshine !

Every Blessing from Scotland cousin,

Don Dillman Jr.

Name You Are Researching John Dillman 1815