Dillman's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Dillman's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for information on Walters second Family after his marriage to his first wife ended

Iknow that Walter Dillman had a second marriage to Inez Telles.That 3 children were born of this marriageI know that two of the children were Mildred born 6 dec 1922 in phoenix AZ and Dale born 15 dec 1925 also in Phoenix AZ. I also know that Walter Dillman was born 26 feb 1884 in Caldwell, KS. Any help would be appreciated.

Name You Are Researching John Thomas Walter "known as Walter" Dillman

Re: Looking for information on Walters second Family after his marriage to his first wife ended

Do you know who Walter's parents are? I might have a hit in the 19000 census.

I didn't know you were looking for the 2nd family as Frank didn't tell us that. So now I'll look into that.

Re: Looking for information on Walters second Family after his marriage to his first wife ended

Walter and Inez are living in Phoeniz, AZ, in 1930 census in a rented home. He is a barber and works in a barber shop. Walter is white, but Inez and the kids are listed as "Mex" in the census. Walter was 25 y/o at his first marriage. Inez also was 25. So the assumption is that this is her 2nd marriage at least.

There are only the 2 children in 1930--Mildred who is 6 and Dale who is 4 6/12.

Walter was born in KS as were his parents, but Inez and the kids were b. in AZ. WAlter is 46 and Inez is 30. Her parents were both b. in NM.

I hope this is new information for you.

Walter not in 1920 directory for Phoenix

Not found in ’28 either in Phoenix

Dillman, Walter (Inex) Barber h 621 S 3rd Ave Arizona Directory Co.'s Phoenix city and Salt River Valley directory, 1930 : including Phoenix, Buckeye, Chandler, Gilbert, Gl

Inex is how it’s spelled in the directory.

Dillman, Inez found in ’36 living by herself at 621 S 3rd Ave. Phoenix city directory, 1936 : containing an alphabetical directory of business concerns and private citizens, a street and ave

Dillman, Inez r 604 S 2d Ave. in City directory, Phoenix and vicinity, 1947-1948

So the presumption is that Walter died sometime between 1930 and 1936. Children aren't listed in City Directories.

Yes, Walters father was Howard C. Dillman his mother Josephine L. Mills. All three are buried in Mc Neal Cemetery in Cochise County AZ.

Walters 2nd wife was Inez Telles born 21 jan 1895 in New Mexico. There were 3 children born of this marriage Mildred Dillman born6 dec 1922 in phoenix AZ and Dale born15 dec 1925 in Phoenix. Mildred died 15 aug 2001 in phoenix Dale died in sept 1983 also in Phoenix. The only information on the third child is that the child was a female.

Toby, Inez Telles was born 21 jan 1895 in New Mexico to Jose Epifanio telles and Rufina Lange Chavez.

Toby, Walter died 12 july 1931 in Cochise County AZ. He is buried in the same pot as his parents at the McNeal cemetery.

I'm descended from the Telles family. In my records I have the unknown third child listed as Viola Dillman. No birth date, but a name could be helpful to you.