Dillman's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Dillman's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Children Born in Indiana, and Marriages

I am interested in information of George Washinton Dillman Born 8 Dec 1808 Reading, PA to Samuel D. Dillman and Polly Zechman. Both of Georges parents are buried in Shiloh Cemetary, Morgan Co. IN. The information I am looking for would cover the years between approxiamately 1835 to 1851. George married a woman by the name of Mary E. Schloss(also listed as Sluss) in Bland Co. Virginia 21 Jan 1830. George and Mary had 2 children Christina(1831), Jonas (1834) both in Wythe County Virginia. Sometime after Jonas birth Samuel Dillman and his sons moved to Indiana. Then in Feb 1837 Samual was born to George and Mary, but from other research I have seen it is unsure whether he was born in IN or VA. Mary Elizabeth Dillman (my ancestor) was born 21 Sep 1837 in Indiana her mother B.W not Mary. Family stories say B.W. was killed by indians. After Mary Elizabeth, George and Mary went on to have 7 more children and returned to Virginia sometime before the birth of George 9th child Andrew Jackson Dillman who was born in Wythe Co. Virginia 7 July 1853. I would like to find out about this B.W. and any information on her death that anyone might have. Anything on George and his family while they were in Indiana may be helpful. I do believe that only George returned to Virginia, and think perhaps it had to do with the death of B.W. Please let me know if you can help.
Maggie Lovern

Name You Are Researching George Washington Dillman

Re: Children Born in Indiana, and Marriages

I have a George Washington Dillman that is my great great great great grandfather. He was born 1-6-1807 died 12-25-1881. Maybe the same guy? Here is a picture of him:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs474.ash1/25974_328702057163_751152163_3499643_7634400_n.jpg

Name You Are Researching Dillman