Dillman's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Dillman's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for Margaret Dillman and Noah Raley

Margaret E. Dillman married Noah Raley in La Salle County, IL in 1864. I think. Their daughter, Edna, would have been my great grandmother. I am looking for information on Margaret and Noah. I was curious if anyone had any information.

Rob

Name You Are Researching Margaret Dillman and Noah Raley

Re: Looking for Margaret Dillman and Noah Raley

Hi, Rob. I was informed that Margaret was the daughter of James T. Dillman. I looked on Rootsweb and found Margaret J. Dillman with her folks listed. One of those files goes back to my 7th gGrandfather, Hans Georg Dillmann Sr., born 1682 (they have him listed as born abt. 1700 and included the incorrect possible spelling of Diehlman or something similar). I hope that helps.

Name You Are Researching All Dillmans

Re: Looking for Margaret Dillman and Noah Raley

Phil,

An additional question.

I have an 1880 census that shows:

Noah Raley 48
Margaret E. Raley 31
Stell Raley 13
Joseph Raley 11
Aarthur Raley 9
Edna A. Raley 3

It does show Margaret with the middle initial "E" and the father is listed as born in PA. The father of Margaret in the Rootsweb (James T. Dillman) is shown as born in KY. Different middle initial and different birth location for the father. Same birth year. The mother in Rootsweb born in OH, in the census mother is born in Illinois.

The 1900 census of Margaret "I" or "J" agrees with the birth locations of the father and mother to Rootsweb. Both have a child of Joseph.

I am after the Edna A. Raley line of the 1880 census. I am thinking we have two different Margarets here?

Maybe the Margaret J. is not my Margaret?

Rob

Name You Are Researching Margaret Dillman and Noah Raley