Dillman's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Dillman's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Samuel Dillman Jemia (Jemima) Grossclose Dillman

Looking for any information on the children of Samuel and Jemia (Jemimma) Dillman.I only have information of their 9th (Samuel Dillman 12-15-1852/5-8-1935)of 15 children. Samuel (1852) is my great great grandfather and lived in Morgan Co. Indiana. Gladys Dillman Smith Daugherty (Morgan Co. Johnson Co.) is my great grandmother. I have lots of pictures with written notes of names (Dillman,Smith,Webster, LeFeber) and a few books full of names and dates of deaths that Gladys had written down.I have a letter from Bertha ? to Gladys, that is titled family tree. The tree shows all the children of Samuel & Jemima, but not any of their children. A small note added to the tree mentions, I told Stella I would write you for them. I have about all the records they have. Bertha
My records show Gladys mother is Mary Eliza Thompson daughter of William Thompson/Elizabeth B Skaggs. Elizabeth B Skaggs daughter of John Skaggs/Edna(Edney)Ennis. Edna Ennis daughter of William/Katherine(Catherine,Patsy,Kate,Patsey) Pointer. Most or all are laid to rest in Cope Indiana(Ennis Cemetery ?, William Thompson Cemetery, Dillman Cemetery? Old Union Church).

Name You Are Researching Dillman

Re: Samuel Dillman Jemia (Jemima) Grossclose Dillman

Hi, Jerry. I have a binder full of information on your group. I show her name spelled Groseclose. There are a number of groups that show Samuel and Jemima on Rootsweb. You are part of what I refer to as the Virginia Group. Coincidentally, the upcoming Dillman mega-reunion will be in Roanoke, VA this August in order to coincide with the Virginia Group's local reunion in Marion, VA on that Saturday. Betsy Dillman Ross is the authority on your group and she has recently connected her group of Dillmans to Erich Dihlmann from Germany. You can contact her at cbross21@bellsouth.net.

Name You Are Researching All Dillmans