Dillman's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Dillman's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Birth records

Aaron Dillman married 2nd wife Charlotta Griffy. They had five sons. I'm looking for a birth or baptism record of Francis Aaron. He was born in 1868, Aaron and Charlotta did not marry until 1872. The 1870 census list Charlotta living w/her mother with 2 children. Francis Aaron age 2 and Ira Alonzo age 3 mos. Documents have always said Aaron and Charlotta have 5 sons. But were the first two adopted or fathered by someone else? This would have all been in Jasper Co., Ill. Jasper Co. births were not recorded until 1877. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You Peg Riley

Name You Are Researching Aaron Dillman/Charlotta Griffy and son Francis Aaron Dillman

Re: Birth records

Hi, Peg. This is a direct connection to Earl Dillman in Pittsford, NY. I see the confusion based on the info I have from info provided to me by Dave Dillman, also a descendant of Aaron. It states that Aaron married Elizabeth Curtis May 24, 1860, Charlotta Griffy Mar 28, 1872, and Martha J. Flynn Feb 14, 1886. It also states that he fathered Francis Aaron b. Nov 5, 1868, Ira Alonzo Apr 23, 1870, Albert Henry Nov 28, 1871, George May 26, 1874, and Harlin Feb 6, 1876. Two additional notes state that Aaron divorced his first wife, Elizabeth, shortly after returning from the Civil War, and that all five boys were from his marriage to Charlotta Griffy, with Charlotta dying shortly after Harlin's birth. Assuming the claim that all five boys were from the same marriage, that would mean that they had the first three boys prior to getting married. Can anyone else shed some light on this?

Name You Are Researching All Dillmans

Re: Birth records

The DAR said if I could produce a birth or baptism record, obituary, or an obituary of Francis Aaron's parents or siblings would likely help to confirm. I am writing to the Jasper Co. historical society. I hope someone there will research some documents. But I don't know. Also Francis Aaron (Frank) died in Ind, I'm hoping the local newspaper will have obit. Thanks so much for your help. I talked with by brother, Phillip, and he is willing to do the DNA test,but DAR does not accept this. But at least we would know Francis Aaron is our great-grandfather. Peg

Name You Are Researching Aaron Dillman/Charlotta Griffy and son Francis Aaron Dillman