Dillman's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Dillman's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'm a Dillman

Hi, my name is Cody Dillman, I may be related to most if not all of you, I am 16 and have much information on the Dillman family. I have many stories, pictures, records, and connections. Please call me at 1-570-372-1950 ask for Cody thank you

Name You Are Researching Dillman

Re: I'm a Dillman

Hi Cody,

My distant family is from Ceres, Virginia area and my great-grandmother was Mary Ellen Dillman. She had two sisters that I know of: Net and Rose.

Mary Ellen Dillman Goodwin Turley had three children: Mollie Kate, Daisy Mae, and John Andrew. All of these children were raised under the surname of Turley.

Daisy Mae married Louis Ellis Cregger and moved to Maryland. She passed away June 4, 2009. Mollie Kate married Essie Atwell and continued to live in Ceres until her death in 2002. John Andrew moved to Alabama after his marriage and he died in 2007(?).

We've just recently found out that Mary Ellen Dillman was married twice. The first marriage was to J.D. Goodwin and the second marriage was to Isaac Turley.

Mollie and Daisy (my paternal grandmother) were apparently born of that first marriage (J.D. Goodwin), but were raised as Turley's, which kind of messes up our family tree in that we have just found this out.

All of our historical research was based on Turley family history - not Goodwin.

I would love to hear about anything you may know about this.

Name You Are Researching Mary Ellen Dillman

Re: I'm a Dillman

Hi Cody,

What area is your Dillman line? Canada? USA? If USA, where in the USA? There are so many lines. My mom was the 3rd oldest of 10 Dillman children from Ontario Canada. We have our line back to a Nicholas Dilman (note only one L)that came to Ontario, Canada from PA. It's Nicholas and his family I'm looking for.

Beverly Peer Lackenbauer

Name You Are Researching Dillman - Dilman