Dillman's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Dillman's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mary Ellen Dillman marriages

Hi Phil,

I don't know if you're still monitoring this forum, but ...

My distant family is from the Wythe County Virginia area. My great-grandmother was Mary Ellen Dillman and I believe that she was born in Nebo, VA. She had two sisters that I know of: Net and Rose.

Mary Ellen Dillman (Goodwin) Turley (6/2/1889 - 7/24/1971) had three children: Mollie Kate (~1911-2001), Daisy Mae (6/16/1915 - 6/4/2009), and John Andrew (1917-2005). All of these children were raised under the surname of Turley.

However...

We've just recently found out that Mary Ellen Dillman was married twice. The first marriage was to J.D. Goodwin and the second marriage was to Isaac Jefferson Turley.

Mary Ellen Dillman (Goodwin) married Isaac Jefferson Turley (born 4/4/1889) presumably after Daisy was born and before John Andrew was born (sometime during the 1915 - 1917 timeframe), frankly I don't have any record of the marriage except what I was able to derive from the Turley Family History publication and it contained no dates.

There is no record of a name change for Daisy Mae or Mollie Kate, although school records show them to be Turley's.

Daisy Mae Turley married Louis Ellis Cregger and moved to Maryland. She passed away June 4, 2009. She had four sons from that marriage - Louis Ellis, Dewey Love, Clifford Clyde, Danny Dale.

Mollie Kate married Essie Atwell and continued to live in Ceres until her death in 2002. There were no children.

John Andrew ended up in Alabama. He married Jannie Earl Milstead and they had four children: John David Turley b. 19 March 1953; Judy Gail Turley b. 11 March 1954; Jeffery Ronald Turley b. 2 April 1958; Janice Joy Turley b. 8 February 1966. John Andrew Turley died in 2007(?). He served in the military and I'm not sure when he ended up in Alabama.

Mollie and Daisy (my paternal grandmother) were apparently born of that first marriage (J.D. Goodwin), but were raised as Turley's, which kind of messes up our family tree in that we have just found this out.

All of our historical research was based on Turley family history - not Goodwin.

I would love to hear about anything you may know about this.

Name You Are Researching Mary Ellen Dillman

Re: Mary Ellen Dillman marriages

Julie Flynt

Correction to Mary Dillman birthdate. (1882)

I don't know if you're still monitoring this forum, but ...

My distant family is from the Wythe County Virginia area. My great-grandmother was Mary Ellen Dillman and I believe that she was born in Nebo, VA. She had two sisters that I know of: Net and Rose.

Mary Ellen Dillman (Goodwin) Turley correction 6/2/1882 - 7/24/1971) had three children: Mollie Kate (~1911-2001), Daisy Mae (6/16/1915 - 6/4/2009), and John Andrew (1917-2005). All of these children were raised under the surname of Turley.

However...

We've just recently found out that Mary Ellen Dillman was married twice. The first marriage was to J.D. Goodwin and the second marriage was to Isaac Jefferson Turley.

Mary Ellen Dillman (Goodwin) married Isaac Jefferson Turley (born 4/4/1889) presumably after Daisy was born and before John Andrew was born (sometime during the 1915 - 1917 timeframe), frankly I don't have any record of the marriage except what I was able to derive from the Turley Family History publication and it contained no dates.

There is no record of a name change for Daisy Mae or Mollie Kate, although school records show them to be Turley's.

Daisy Mae Turley married Louis Ellis Cregger and moved to Maryland. She passed away June 4, 2009. She had four sons from that marriage - Louis Ellis, Dewey Love, Clifford Clyde, Danny Dale.

Mollie Kate married Essie Atwell and continued to live in Ceres until her death in 2002. There were no children.

John Andrew ended up in Alabama. He married Jannie Earl Milstead and they had four children: John David Turley b. 19 March 1953; Judy Gail Turley b. 11 March 1954; Jeffery Ronald Turley b. 2 April 1958; Janice Joy Turley b. 8 February 1966. John Andrew Turley died in 2007(?). He served in the military and I'm not sure when he ended up in Alabama.

Mollie and Daisy (my paternal grandmother) were apparently born of that first marriage (J.D. Goodwin), but were raised as Turley's, which kind of messes up our family tree in that we have just found this out.

All of our historical research was based on Turley family history - not Goodwin.

I would love to hear about anything you may know about this.

Name You Are Researching Mary Ellen Dillman