Dillman's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Dillman's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Picture of John Dillman

Greetings to all the Dillmans. John Dillman 1825-1891 was my G.G.Grandfather. He lived in the Clear Creek, Monroe Co, Indiana area. I am wondering if any of the members know of and or have a picture of John and his wife Martha Perry 1828-1869.my family has pictures of his son Melvin 1849-1927 and family.I would love to add his picture to my geneology.Thanks for your assistance.
John

Name You Are Researching John Dillman 1825-1891

Re: Picture of John Dillman

Hi,

My name is Keith Owens, and I'm descended from John Dillman to Melvin Wayne Dillman to Lula Anna (Dillman)Leach to Ruth (Leach)Owens who was my mother. Your name Carothers got my attention as I'm also related to the Carothers through Melvin Wayne Dillman's wife Mary Ellen (Carothers)Dillman.

We should communicate as I am stuck on going back further on the Carothers side, and I didn't know a lot of the internet pitfalls when I was beginning my Dillman research years ago. I am going back through and trying to verify and correct the many mistakes that I undoubtedly have in my tree through the use of the AGI and IGI which I would never consult today.

I believe I may have some of the same photos of Melvin and family that you do.

I would love to hear from you.

Sincerely,
Keith Owens

Name You Are Researching Ancestors of John Dillman, Martha (Perry) Dillman, Issac Carothers

Re: Picture of John Dillman

I have attended several of the Clear Creek Dillman Group annual reunions and have copied many of the photos that were brought and displayed. The oldest photos that I have copied have Melvin as the oldest person. There is a group photo taken by the church in Clear Creek around 1894 of the Dillman-Rohrer/Rhorer reunion. Unfortunately, that's 3 years after John died. I would also be interested in additional photos for the DFA Library/Archive. Hope this helps.

Phil Dillman - Chicago area

Name You Are Researching All Dillmans