Dillman's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Dillman's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jessie and Grace Dillman

I am the brother of Don Dillman Jr. My father is Rev. Don Dillman Sr. My father was the the son of Wilbur Woodrow Dillman and Angie Dillman. Wilbur died after ww2. His parents were Jessie and Grace Dillman of Hemlock, Indiana. Jessie worked on the railroad. I am trying to figure out the sons of Jessie and Grace. I believe Armor was one brother, but that is all I know. I would appreciate any information availible Thank you.

Name You Are Researching Jessie and Grace Dillman of Hemlock Indiana

Re: Jessie and Grace Dillman

Hi David,

I'm currently trying to figure out who the parents of Jesse Dillman were. Jesse (there's no 'i' in his name according to his gravestone) and Grace are my great, great grandparents. I have a few pictures of Jesse that I'd be happy to share. I believe one is from his military duty at age 17 and another is him with his railroad coworkers.

His son, Lawrence Herbert Dillman is my great grandfather, born June 15, 1899 in Kokomo, Indiana. He passed away December 19, 1973. I have photos of Lawrence and Armour. Below is Lawrence's obituary.

Lawrence H Dillman, 74, 732 S. Union St, died at 4:45 a.m. Wednesday in St. Joseph memorial Hospital, where he had been a patient for four weeks.

Born June 15, 1899, in Howard County, he was the son of Jesse and Grace (Retherford) Dillman. He was married Jan. 3, 1919, to Golda Mae Gerhart, who preceded him death Feb. 16, 1944. He was married in July 1945, to Melda L. Hall, who died in 1955.

He was a resident of Hemlock most of his life. He was a trustee of Taylor Township from 1932 to 1936. he owned and operated Dillman's Sandwich Shop from 1947 to 1962.

He was a veteran of World War I and a member of Veterans of Foreign Wars and Hemlock Baptist Church.

Surviving are two sons, Donald E. Dillman of Kokomo and Richard D. Dillman of Indianapolis; four grand-children and two great-grandchildren. Two brothers preceded him in death.

Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Friday in Fenn Funeral Homne, with the Rev. Luke Martin officiating. Burial will be in Albright Cemetery. Friends may call after 2 p.m. Thursday in the funeral home. Military rite will be conducted at the the cemetery.

Name You Are Researching Jesse Dillman