Dillman's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Dillman's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Needing info John David Dillman 1839-1924 VA

Just getting started on family genealogy and can't find definitive info on John David Dillman 1839-1925 and his first wife Barbara Ann Kimberling. Mostly his parents. The father might be George Dillman with the mothers first name unknown but a maiden name of Sluss. This isn't concrete info. Can anyone helps me?

Name You Are Researching John David Dillman/Barbara Ann Kimberling

Re: Needing info John David Dillman 1839-1924 VA

Hi, Mandy.
Your line of Dillmans are what we refer to as the Virginia Group in the DFA. This group has been traced back to Michael Dyhllmann, born bet 1500-1520. John David Dillman was born 10 Dec 1839 to George Washington Dillman and Mary Magdalene Sluss. George was born 8 Dec 1808 in Reading, Berks Co, PA to Samuel D. Dillman and Polly Zechman. Samuel was born 23 Aug 1790 in Reading, Berks Co, PA to Christopher Dillman and Anna Maria (Mary) Schulz. Christopher was born 16 Jul 1767 in Philadelphia Co, PA to Georg Friedrich Dillmann and Catarina _________. Georg was bor 12 Oct 1735 in Wurmberg, Germany and sailed from Rotterdam on the ship "Neptune", arriving in Philadelphia 7 Oct 1755. My records go back an additional 6 generations. The current President of the DFA is Rod Dillman in Virginia who is from this group. I hope this helps.

Name You Are Researching All Dillmans