Return to Website

Expropriation Law Centre Forum

Welcome to the Expropriation Forum. This is the place for discussion of expropriation related topics.

Expropriation Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question in Relation to Old Crown Grants n' Mineral rights

Dear Expropriation forum,

I have a question. I have recently researched a Old Crown grant on our property. It was dated back in the early 1900's, and the wording on it is quite interesting. It states:

Saving and Reserving, Nevertheless, Unto Us, Our successors, and Assigns, the free uses, passage and enjoyment of, in over and upon all navigable waters that now are or may be hereafter found on or under, or flowing through or upon any part of the said Parcel, or Tract of land; also reserving all mines and minerals, whether solid liquid or gaseous; which maybe be found to exist within, upon or under said lands, together with full power to work the same and for this purpose to enter upon, use and occupy the said lands, and also the privilege of landing from and mooring boats and vessels upon any part of the said lands and using the said lands in connection with the rights of fishery and fishing hereby reserved, so far as may be reasonably necessary to the exercise of such rights.

TO Have and to Hold the same unto the grantee HIS HEIRS and Assigns forever.

Does this mean that this Grant is a Mineral title grant? It says it is a Special Grant. Does this Mineral title transfer to subsequent property owners? There is no evidence that any of the Mineral title has ever been relinquished upon my search.

Another question...BC Government is creating the Mineral Title Clarification act, is this to determine these Old crown Grants Who is in Ownership of these Special Grants?

Re: Question in Relation to Old Crown Grants n' Mineral rights

http://srmwww.gov.bc.ca/clrs/products_svcs/products/crown_grants.html

b.c. gov. site that should answer your questions.

Re: Re: Question in Relation to Old Crown Grants n' Mineral rights

This crown grant might not exist in BC databases, since it was a Federal Crown Grant given to a gentlemen in lieu of surrendering his Treaty Rights.

The Crown grant is a 'Scrip' Grant given to a Metis person. The Federal Crown grant is dated 1915 granted by the Department of the Interior in Edmonton.