Return to Website

Expropriation Law Centre Forum

Welcome to the Expropriation Forum. This is the place for discussion of expropriation related topics.

Expropriation Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reversionary rights of former property owners to repurchase expropriated property

I owned a large tract of land in the center of Toronto that was expropriated by the Conservation Authority in 1992.We appealed their right to do but it was found to be fair,sound and reasonably necessary.We did receive compensation for the property
We wanted to redevelop it but the Conservation Authority said it needed it for flood storage and parkland.
Recently the property was offered up for tender to developers looking to lease the land and develop it.
My question is should we not be offered the chance or should we not have the right to be offered to repurchase the property back?(reversionary rights )
Do the expropriated retain any reversionary property rights or can the Conservation do whatever they want regardless of why they took it?
I would think that we should be given a first to match the other offers under Section 42 and 43 of the Ontario Expropriations Act

Re: Reversionary rights of former property owners to repurchase expropriated property

Our Family has a very similiar problem.

what can we do?

Thank You