Return to Website

MN Billiards Discussion Board

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MNBILLIARDS.COM.  MNBILLIARDS.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR MATERIAL POSTED.

Posts of a commercial/promotional nature will be removed from the forum. This includes posts regarding sales of products, and event or business promotion. To advertise products, billiards events, and businesses on MNBilliards.com, please email eightball@mnbilliards.com for more information on our advertising products.

If you want to discuss shots, there is a really cool tool called a "Cue Table." It allows you to position balls on a table in order to set up shots. It requires a Macromedia Shockwave plug-in.

To check out the Cue Table Click here.

For instructions on how to use the Cue Table, Click here.

MN Billiards Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BCA at the Hyatt

Yes, agreed there is room for improvement. Isn't there always? T.I. was not smoke free? The only reason this was a smoke free event was because the ban hit Minneapolis at the end of March. There was a glitch in the programming of the boards so that was bad, certainly were good to answer any questions on start times. Vending food was a bummer, Hotel took that over. Even threw out a vendor we had come in. I played in both events and it ran very timely, only one instance that I noticed a 30 minute delay. The alcohol in the room itself was bottom shelf, it was easy to bring down your own drinks or beers though.
I had a great time playing in this event as always, tournament direction was fine. For this event that most thought would never happen I would say hats off and I look forward to 1st not 2nd next year.

Re: Re: BCA at the Hyatt

I am looking forward to a 1st rather than 2nd next year also.

some thought should be given to calling singles matches on the table sin between pillars rather than team matches. I saw a couple of instances where the teams were playing inbetween the pillars and the singles were on the four tables that had seating. Would make it better if that were taken into account - And I think I am going to sic my cardiac rehab nurses on the Hyatt for the menu selections :)

Re: Re: Re: BCA at the Hyatt

The weekend went pretty well overall, had a lot of fun, and things were run pretty smoothly. Nonsmoking is always a perk, too.

I just had one question...what is the reasoning behind the women's open singles matches only being races to three? I'm pretty new to all of this, and maybe it's been that way in the previous years, but it seems kind of ridiculous to me, and we certainly didn't have a shortage of tables. Any thoughts?

Re: Re: Re: Re: BCA at the Hyatt

agn