Return to Website

MN Billiards Discussion Board

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MNBILLIARDS.COM.  MNBILLIARDS.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR MATERIAL POSTED.

Posts of a commercial/promotional nature will be removed from the forum. This includes posts regarding sales of products, and event or business promotion. To advertise products, billiards events, and businesses on MNBilliards.com, please email eightball@mnbilliards.com for more information on our advertising products.

If you want to discuss shots, there is a really cool tool called a "Cue Table." It allows you to position balls on a table in order to set up shots. It requires a Macromedia Shockwave plug-in.

To check out the Cue Table Click here.

For instructions on how to use the Cue Table, Click here.

MN Billiards Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pool Tournament in the Woods

This has been discussed before. Dean Bradley works hard and pays money to have this website up. He's a busy guy and I'm sure the last thing he wants to here is that you want a new website up thats up-to-date.

In my post someone said something about him not updating the calendar, well he said that all you need to do is contact him and he will add events to the list.

Re: Re: Pool Tournament in the Woods

you can get all kinds of tourny info off of azbilliards.com they let everyone post tournys for free.

Re: Re: Re: Pool Tournament in the Woods

I have a small group that has considered starting a website...similar to this. Not to start wars or anything but yes it is nice to have a nice website that is easy to navigate and has some information. I hate to start something that is going to eat all of my time though.

I would also like to have a forum if I start this but I can guarantee, you will have to be a registered user so we don't have all the BS that goes on this site.

It is something that I will consider, however, I am sure if I post about that on here, it will get deleted due to "business" means and not advertising. However, I am sure word can spread quite quickly. I will see how interested I get and can always start with something small and see if it grows. As stated before, I would be interested to burn some free time but will never consider it for a full time job.

why don't you volunteer to help keep this up?

Man, the more I think about this....
I cannot imagine why anyone would want to invest the time and money to start another pool-related web site or magazine. It appears that from the roots of Chalk Talk, to the creation of this website with the complemantary magazine, there has never been a formula that produces enough cash to cover costs, let alone time.

If you want more from this site, did you ask Dean if you could help in some manner to keep this updated?

Possibly all that is needed it to assemble the information that you feel is lacking, and send it in to him? Invest an hour or two a week and then simply report back (post) what you find?

Just the humble opinion of a un-related business owner.

DougT
ps. Not to start wars? I'm thinking that those that went before you and have truly put the sweat into these ventures are grinning and shaking their heads, thinking "Go ahead, Grasshopper!"

My response to you would be, why don't you spend an equal amount of energy helping the last remaining pool establishments stay afloat, by being an active and vocal customer. Go ahead and call your pool-playing friends and team-mates and recruit some players for the existing tournaments.
Or something.

Sorry for the rant. I fear Poolhalls are going to have tough sledding this year. And then we'll have bars.

Re: why don't you volunteer to help keep this up?

Thanks for the comments Doug you hit the nail right on the head. I I don't mind keeping it updated but I just don't have the time to go out and find all the information needed to post accurate information. Obviously the pool rooms (what's left of them) aren't advertising their events (or even holding many). The bottom line is that I don't mind keeping it updated but there are costs involved and I can't foot all the bill by myself.

My idea is this. Since the pool rooms and bars aren't supporting mnbilliards, how about the players? How many players would be willing to pay $4.95 per month to have up to date info. If you are a member you can submit any tournament and results you want and I'll keep the site updated. I'll work to get the info on all the major tournaments and let the "members" dictate what other events get posted. I'm willing to make this more of a community supported website if players are willing to help.

What's everyone's take on this? Willing to contribte $5 a month for updated info?

Let me know I can set it up to debit your credit card every month. Then you have a say on what content gets posted.

Dean