Return to Website

MN Billiards Discussion Board

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MNBILLIARDS.COM.  MNBILLIARDS.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR MATERIAL POSTED.

Posts of a commercial/promotional nature will be removed from the forum. This includes posts regarding sales of products, and event or business promotion. To advertise products, billiards events, and businesses on MNBilliards.com, please email eightball@mnbilliards.com for more information on our advertising products.

If you want to discuss shots, there is a really cool tool called a "Cue Table." It allows you to position balls on a table in order to set up shots. It requires a Macromedia Shockwave plug-in.

To check out the Cue Table Click here.

For instructions on how to use the Cue Table, Click here.

MN Billiards Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: moma

Deb,
If you play in a league run by a vendor that is a member of MOMA, you most likely will be eligible for MOMA. The MOMA group is made up of Theisen, Superior, AAA, Midwest Coin, D&R, C&N, Hazelwood, Twin Ports, Twin States, Mendota Valley, CDL, Stansfield, Eagle, Smitty, W/W Novelty, AWE, Jubilee, Brainerd and Williamson's. There may be some more in Wisconsin or northern Minnesota that I don't know about.

M8 triple crown is the only league system that is allowed to send players to MOMA. But those players have to play more than half of their matches on coin-op tables owned by the vendors previously listed.

These are, what I've been led to believe, the guidelines for eligibility to the MOMA pool tournament. If you play leagues run by the vendors listed on their tables. If you play M8 Triple Crown leagues and at least half your matches are played on the tables owned by the vendors listed above you are eligible. Each player must have 8 weeks or 32 games played prior to MOMA. Your team has to have 3 players from an original team and may pick up more players from other teams within the charter holder's system, but each match played must have at least 3 players from the original team playing.

That is what I have been led to believe and unless something is in the works (not impossible) M8 advanced teams aren't allowed in MOMA at this point.

Find more guidlines and eligibility requirements at: www.moma-ops.org

Again, I have nothing to gain, and I am not out to slander other people. But I have talked to more than one moma rep in the last week and this is what I have been led to believe. I did the checking when I set up my team this year. We play in a location that we believe gives us the most in sponsorship and on vendor tables in a league that sanctions us for the tournaments that we want to play in. If your team didn't do the research before picking your location or league system, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Now on the other hand if you don't fit the criteria for MOMA eligibity and want to play, I'm sure that if you don't raise too much noise about what league or bar you play in, then the over worked and under paid MOMA staff might not notice when they ok your paper work. So, shhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Re: Re: moma

so by reading all these posts, i am going to make a statment and correct me if i am wrong. I am going to use biffs as an example seeing i play there. If you play triple crown/masters we are suppose to be playing on coin operated tables half the season? this would be hard to do seeing they recently just got all new diamonds and have no coin operated tables. So am i correct in assuming all the teams out of biffs are now ineligable for moma? i will make some calls and ask some questions but any and all help is appreciated.

Re: Re: Re: moma

Rob - All the tables at Biff's are vendor owned and operated. Most players playing out of Biff's are eligible for all the major tournaments including MOMA. If you have any concerns or questions please call me.

Thanks,
Dean

Well they wouldn't have been till you mentioned it. That's what the shhhhhhh was all about. lol

But no, as of right now all of the Biff's teams that play M8 Triple Crown are eligible. Your money goes straight to your vendor just like if you had put it in the table yourself.

Re: Re: moma

The tables at Biff's were owned prior to the sale by the previous owner...... all equipment was purchased/sold to the new owner(s). Seems to me that FULL disclosure is appropriate so that any future conflict of interest can be avoided.

Hello everyone, I don't have the time right now to read all of the posts on this topic - but what I did read was pretty misinformed. First of all, please, if you have questions about what tournaments you are eligible for, contact your league operator directly. If you are an M8 player at ANY level - call us at 651-636-2022 and we would be happy to answer your questions. We will provide you with the necessary information to make the decisions as to what tournaments you are eligible for and want to play in. While it is true that M8 Triple Crown players have access to more tournaments than any other league system (atleast major tournaments) - it is not true that other M8 players cannot play in the M.O.M.A. tournament. The M.O.M.A. tournament is NOT a V.N.E.A. sanctioned event at the current time - maybe this will change some day, but as of right now it is not. The M.O.M.A. eligibility is listed at www.MOMA-OPS.org and there are many vendor operated leagues that are not V.N.E.A. sanctioned leagues that play in this event. Players that want to be eligible for this event MUST play on M.O.M.A. member VENDOR OWNED COIN OPERATED TABLES. In addition to that M8 has contracts with most of the M.O.M.A. members and this contract provides additional tournaments for M8 players to participate in. If you are an M8 player and have questions about this subject, please call us at 651-636-2022.
Thank you,
Shaun

Interested Player - There were no Diamond tables at Biff's pryor to the sale. All 20 Diamond tables at Biff's are vendor owned and operated. There are no tables left from the previous owner.

Dean
763-784-9446

Re: Re: Re: Re: moma

Excellent choice of words. Yes it is true, no diamond tables. I believe there were 10 valleys plus assorted other tables.

HEY DEAN....are you running for policitcal office too? YOU WOULD WIN!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: moma

Vote for me!

It won't ever get boring. I'll keep it interesting and make it look like anyone can do it!!

Dean

Rule number 1!!!

All players in a M.O.M.A. Pool Association tournament must be from a team in a league run by a chartered member in good standing with M.O.M.A. and M.O.M.A. Pool Association. "Run" being defined as: A league in which the week to week statistics are compiled by the league office of that charter operator/co-op league system or an authorized representative of that charter / co-op league system.

As a Charter memeber....
So, if you play under a charters league system that run their own stats on their own equipment you are covered to play in MOMA.

M8 has a Triple Crown agreement with the major vendors in the Twin Cities. This agreement has nothing to do with advance teams playing on a variety of tables---even if you are inhouse. Each vendor is different when it comes to running their own leagues or having a representative run leagues for them.

Jomama

MOMA - Clear as mud now!

Re: MOMA - Clear as mud now!

MOMA is a tournament for Vendor leagues. If you play for a vendor and they are a charter holder in MOMA then you are covered. If you play on vendor equipment and want to find out if you are covered with the league you play for---call that vendor and find out.

Simple as pie... Their number is probably on the equipment.

EXCEPT.....

If you only play for M8 you have to play Triple Crown.