Return to Website

MN Billiards Discussion Board

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MNBILLIARDS.COM.  MNBILLIARDS.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR MATERIAL POSTED.

Posts of a commercial/promotional nature will be removed from the forum. This includes posts regarding sales of products, and event or business promotion. To advertise products, billiards events, and businesses on MNBilliards.com, please email eightball@mnbilliards.com for more information on our advertising products.

If you want to discuss shots, there is a really cool tool called a "Cue Table." It allows you to position balls on a table in order to set up shots. It requires a Macromedia Shockwave plug-in.

To check out the Cue Table Click here.

For instructions on how to use the Cue Table, Click here.

MN Billiards Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Chalk it up cancer

The tournament was a TOTAL SUCCESS!! We had about 170 players who came and played in one of eight divisions (4 men's and 4 women's divisions). We had silent auctions all day Saturday along with other fun things going on to get the pool players involved. Congratulations to Tracy Sunde for winning the pool cue raffle. There are so many people to thank for their contributions.... Thanks to Jerry Parker and the Rochester Eagles for sponsoring this event and working their butts off all weekend at the tournament desk. Thanks to Gary and Shannon Benson for providing us the pool tables for the weekend. Thanks to Ken Graf for the shirts and Tom Kjos for the pool cue and case. Thanks to Toni Johnson for all the pictures she took (hope to see them online soon). Thanks to Wayne at D&R for all the tournament charts and stuff. Thanks to all the sponsors who bought signs as sponsors for the event. Thanks to Miller Beer for printing them free of charge and Dale from Miller for hanging them and working with us for this event. Thanks to the numerous people who donated their time for the cause.
Most of all, thanks to all the players who came and made this event such a huge success. Cancer has touched many players in so many ways. We all know someone who either has cancer or has died of cancer. Someone close to us. It choked me up as many players received their prize checks and then unselfishly turned them over and signed them back as a donation. It also choked me up when Shawn Cochran bought a button and paid for it with a $1,000 check (keep the change...). What a great bunch of people!
That's why I participate in events like this - for the opportunity to be around great people like this. I know many of you were economically restricted from attending this event, and trust me, I understand. I hope many of you can find a way to come next year. We're already working on the dates and location for next year's event.
God Bless all of you and I hope your pool season and your year is a great one. You deserve it for the good things you do. Take Care. John Stich

Re: Re: Re: Re: Chalk it up cancer

Sounds like this was a very huge event and you raise alot of money for people in need of it. I really wish I could have made this event. My mother passed away of cancer when she was just 42 years old. So whether you didnt win a match or even a game or maybe you won your division you are all WINNERS in my mind. Its really nice to see when pool players come out to support such a good cause and dont worry about what the payouts are. Just remember by you shooting in this event you HELPED someone that might not even be able to walk up to a pool table or even be able to get out of bad.
jeff potts