Return to Website

MN Billiards Discussion Board

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MNBILLIARDS.COM.  MNBILLIARDS.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR MATERIAL POSTED.

Posts of a commercial/promotional nature will be removed from the forum. This includes posts regarding sales of products, and event or business promotion. To advertise products, billiards events, and businesses on MNBilliards.com, please email eightball@mnbilliards.com for more information on our advertising products.

If you want to discuss shots, there is a really cool tool called a "Cue Table." It allows you to position balls on a table in order to set up shots. It requires a Macromedia Shockwave plug-in.

To check out the Cue Table Click here.

For instructions on how to use the Cue Table, Click here.

MN Billiards Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Nicely said....

I understand the reasoning behind both John and Dean but the problem you need to remember, when you have upset people on here and can't information that is needed, there is no way but DOWN. Plus all that does is invite competitors!

Toni has enough contacts with her picture email list that if she was smart, she could charge half the money and make twice as much! Advertising can be easily done through Word documents and emails.

Re: JEFF

Well i didnt see the post where he stated the dates and times and everything. All i saw was him asking about the tourny you must have delete the other post before i read it. I was just going by what the thread said and then it was locked.

Re: mnbilliards

Dean,
"ANY business or Person can place an ad and talk it up until the cows come home but it's not FREE."

What do you mean by person? If a person was to pay you to talk it up, what are their restrictions.

By the way you owe me $50 worth of food and table time. (Oh wait I guess I need to get their and give you the gift certificate first.)

Re: Re: mnbilliards

Dean,
Just wanted to know if a person does that are they limited to talking about one location or business?

Yes, I know some people did see what I was for halloween.

Re: mnbilliards

Wow, go to work for 8 hours and come back and see lots of messages.

I had checked the forum rules right before work which state...

DO NOT POST ANY FORM OF ADVERTISING. IT WILL BE DELETED!

I had posted dates, times, entry fees, etc. Dean deleted these and I back him up 100% for doing so.

Re: Re: mnbilliards

I would invite someone to try competing with a billiard magazine or website. I think their efforts and investment will be as unrewarded as the past few people who have tried.
I'm not trying to scare anyone out of trying, but I will say this: It takes a LOT of work to get something going and gather advertisers and then get them to pay for their ads. More work than many ever figured it would be. Distribution is another issue. I used to print 6,000 copies of Chalk Talk every edition and mail about 2,000 out to areas like St Cloud, Duluth, Willmar, Iowa, Wisconsin, Fargo, etc... It cost me a few hundred dollars every month at the post office and hours of labeling and enveloping these editions. But doing the work myself was the only way to keep it profitable. Someone wanting to do this and succeed must be ready and capable to do a lot of the work themself.
If someone is interested in doing a publication, please feel free to e-mail me and I'll help you in any way possible. I'm sure Dean would also work with you so many ads could also be on the website. I hope we find a taker!!! Take Care. John Stich