Return to Website

MN Billiards Discussion Board

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MNBILLIARDS.COM.  MNBILLIARDS.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR MATERIAL POSTED.

Posts of a commercial/promotional nature will be removed from the forum. This includes posts regarding sales of products, and event or business promotion. To advertise products, billiards events, and businesses on MNBilliards.com, please email eightball@mnbilliards.com for more information on our advertising products.

If you want to discuss shots, there is a really cool tool called a "Cue Table." It allows you to position balls on a table in order to set up shots. It requires a Macromedia Shockwave plug-in.

To check out the Cue Table Click here.

For instructions on how to use the Cue Table, Click here.

MN Billiards Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Another reason to stay in school

I agree with alot/all of with Dax is saying. Tim, your making yourself out to look like a fool. This game isnt always about gambling for everyone, and many players come here just to stay informed and connected to the pool world. For you to do all this trash talk about gambling and such is just embarrassing to yourself. What makes it worse is that you're not even a "gambler"..seeing as you woof and woof and then back out when it's time to play. Being called a "locksmith" is in no means a compliment.

I think it's great that you're attempting to be an advocate for the game (i.e. fantasy pool, pod cast)but if you keep on like this then no one is going to want to anything to do with you.

Also it's sad to see you decided not to shoot junior leagues. Just look at the top youth...they've all came out of junior leagues. And this goes for the same on a national level. I've made tons of friends in different states from playing in tournaments like VNEA junior nat's, and BEF junior nationals as well. If you didnt play because it wasnt cool, wasnt worth your time, or think it lame then I think you'll have a long career of watching from the rail.

Dax,I gained a lot of respect for you through you stepping up here. It's embarrassing and stupid to watch the way some of these youth act and treat the game sometimes.

-I dont think you're a bad kid Tim. I, like Dax, am just trying to put this out as a wake-up call.

Re: Another reason to stay in school

I agree with almost everything that Daxs and Chad are saying. I have issues with a few things you are saying though TJ.

First, I am really tired of people that are teenagers calling themselves “kids” just so they have an excuse to get away with something. Maybe some people will think that I am being a little unreasonable, but anyone over 5 should be able to take responsibility for their actions. I think that you are 17 since you were born in November 1991, but if you want to say you are 18 that is fine, either way you are definitely old enough.

You don't get to say and post whatever you want without any consequences for it. When you made the decision to post those messages, you made it everyone's business because it is a public forum. In other words, Chase, Angela and Daxs had every right to give your their opinion about what you posted. You can't start things with people and then start crying about it when someone let’s you know they aren't happy about it.

No one is forcing you to come to Shooters and if can’t handle what is said to you, then maybe you should think about why you want to be there. Probably the only place in Shooters that you are listening to the comments you don’t like is from the players in the ring and it would probably be a good idea for you not to hang out there most of the time.

Six months ago, you used to be a very nice and were respectful to everyone. The last few months, you have been very disrespectful. Maybe you should think twice about acting like the person you have chosen to be your role model lately and you know who I am talking about. I know that you can still be nice to people when you want to be.

Bottom line is that you might want to think about listening to the feedback that people are giving you now, make some different choices and things will probably change.

Best post ever Dax.

You said it much kinder and gentler then I could Dax, thank you.

well end of discussion.. and why do you assume that i put my text into microsft word and spell checked? has it ever occured to you that im a good typer?

Re: Re: Another reason to stay in school

One things is for sure, you're definetly not a good reader. Read it again. He suggested you "using" microsoft word to check your errors and typos.

Silly Chad, TJ send "end of discussion" we are all suppose to stop talking now because he said so.

what do you ****en people want me to do?!?! stop being me...!? i cant ****en take it! everyone worrying about my problems... so what if i posted some stuff that wasnt needed to here... thats how i am, i didnt hurt anyone by making a joke at all..

Dax, you on the other hand always have an attitude problem.. and no one nags on you about it. So dont worry about me and worry about you. I try so hard to be a good person half the time. Remember that Wed night about 2 weeks ago i played you and during the match I said "i messed that one up" and you told me "yes you did, you hit it bad" and then after I beat you, you barely shook my hand like you were all upset about it. Well.. during that whole match did I ever say anything to harm you in any way? NOPE, on the other hand my dad can be a Fricken Broken Record but me not really.

All you pool players out there can give me a hard time but when its my turn all I get is a "shut up" or from tim moe maybe a "suck my dick" you know what, I don't really think im getting any kid of advantage. Just me being put down right and left.

Also this part of the comment is for chad:
Chad, most of the kids in that pool league are barely older or maybe even younger then me. And if so older not very many. Not that those Jr leagues are bad because I was in it at one point but im fine just shooting around learning from my dad. If i do ever want to try Jr nationals i will join jr leagues.

ok well if any of you reading this are at shooters all see you there, good luck in the tournament everyone, its the big one!

Tim Jr.

its "kind" not "kid" accidental error

i didnt realize how much stuff i caused. when i posted some messages yes i was doing that intentionally but the meaning of what i posted wasnt true.

I'll try to act better, being who my dad is it's more difficult. sorry for everything.

Daxs, I have only read the first post and THANK YOU. It is overdue. I have a few beers coming the next time I run into you. Under the skin doesn't speak enough about the crap.

like i said josh.. sorry

If you want the last word you can have it but only if you post again because this is my last one. Nobody is being “mean” to you. But if you feel that swearing and making excuses is the only way to get your point across than I guess you haven’t understood anything anyone has said. Try to think more open minded and try to consider that people are trying to help you, “A youth Pool Player”.

Yes you beat me in a handicap tourney but you are absolutely incorrect saying that I barely shook your hand. I shake everyone’s hand firmly. Not to discredit your win against me or anyone who is the less skilled player but that tourney is designed to even the playing field and some times the spots are outrageous. Not knocking the tourney, it’s actually a very fun, challenging, and popular tourney otherwise I wouldn’t play in it. But a win is a win and you beat me. Good job, but contrary to popular belief, I lose all the time and usually a lot more than I win.

You and every young player should and will beat me and long as you all stay focused, determined, and use every way possible to get better and that includes other players. But always keep your priorities straight, and that means school and family first. I will always encourage and help you and all young players to be the best if I can help, but only as long as you do it with respect for other players and the sport.

Let talk about you dad if that’s who you want to talk about. I have known you dad for as long as I have been playing pool (11 years). Yes I have respect for him but only to a certain extent. He doesn’t necessarily talk trash but he knows how to get into peoples head. This is a way to separate the players that have a mental pool game from others that don’t. I think that there is nothing wrong with it. But you should not follow this path. You have to understand that your dad doesn’t play anyone for fun, and Tim Sr. you can correct me if I’m wrong. But fun for him is playing pool with a wager on the game. Jr you should learn to play this game without this aspect first before you put yourself in harms way. It won’t be fun when you lose a lot of money because of an addiction to wagering, and $100.00 isn’t a lot of money if that’s what you’re thinking.

Good Luck in the Tourney!

daxs

I was a secondary education major at MNSU and you wouldn't believe how brutal high schools are now. Kids don't really have to do any thinking. They have auto spell check, calculators that will solve all of their problems and the internet to plagerize from. They don't have to know the ins and outs of the english language. :(

When Daxs and I were kids, we didn't have all of that so we actually had to learn it. Our most advanced spell check would only check the spelling of words, not grammar. It wouldn't correct us if we used "their" when we should have used "they're" or "it's" instead of "its" or "no" instead of "know". I browse two other forums and they are far worse than this one when it comes to grammatical errors. (Notice I used than instead of then :D)

To Tim Jr:
I got a real bad reputation for being a jerk and such when I first started playing pool and I still run into people that think I am that. I may have deserved that early on but definitely not now. So I know what it's like being a kid coming up in pool. Not getting any respect from the older players. But one of the things that takes a lot of younger players, including Daxs, to learn is that respect is earned and not given. Daxs learned it and is now a respected player. He wasn't given respect, he earned it.

I also suggest you play Jr. Leagues. The people that run that league work very very hard and receive very little appreciation in return. I myself didn't play Jr leagues until I was 20. I only had the chance to play one season but it was a blast. Players such as Jay and Nate Zender, Justin and Phil Boyer, Matt Benton, Shawn Minnick and Brian Solheid were in our league. It was a blast and I still see those guys at tourneys all the time. Oh, and they all still play pretty jam up.

I like your dad. He's a hard worker and I'll have him on my crew any day, as long as it doesn't involve heights. But as far as pool goes, he doesn't get ANY respect. He plays decent enough, but (no offense) he's a side show. He's entertaining and never wanted to take his game to a higher level. But being a locksmith and a sandbagger, as he will call himself, is not a thing that I respect at all. It's one step above being a John Balsimo and walking around the pool hall hustling people that don't even know which end of the cue to use.

Tim Jr, You are a lucky "kid".

By reading he above posts, I can tell that there are a bunch of people who care for you and are trying to help you become a better person & player.

The Christmas spirit is alive and well in Minnesota!

I like John Balsimo. Martin Hook, on the other hand, is a real jerk.

Tim Jr: I don't feel like writting a lot and telling you how I feel about everything. Everyone else has already done that. Just try and remember that most of the people are giving you good advice and not trying to hurt your feeling. It will be alright. If Dax and Martin turned out ok, then there is hope for anyone, even you!

To be a locksmith. You have beat someone.Matt P.JIM P PAUL W.All beat me prety easy.

A locksmith beat people.Paul W. Matt P. Jim P. Beat me bad,and Duncan.

Martin says,
When Daxs and I were kids, we didn't have all of that so we actually had to learn it. Our most advanced spell check would only check the spelling of words, not grammar. It wouldn't correct us if we used "their" when we should have used "they're" or "it's" instead of "its" or "no" instead of "know".

Now this is prety damm funy, says the reely old guy...

I think I love you a little more Martin.

I am telling Alan!

Gut errate ich, dass ich Sie Burschen um Ballermänner sehen werde.
Tim Jr.

point proven

Well I guess that I will see you fellows around Ballermänner...? thats what it means right? why didnt u just say that in english?

I basically said I'll see you at shooters.