Return to Website

MN Billiards Discussion Board

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MNBILLIARDS.COM.  MNBILLIARDS.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR MATERIAL POSTED.

Posts of a commercial/promotional nature will be removed from the forum. This includes posts regarding sales of products, and event or business promotion. To advertise products, billiards events, and businesses on MNBilliards.com, please email eightball@mnbilliards.com for more information on our advertising products.

If you want to discuss shots, there is a really cool tool called a "Cue Table." It allows you to position balls on a table in order to set up shots. It requires a Macromedia Shockwave plug-in.

To check out the Cue Table Click here.

For instructions on how to use the Cue Table, Click here.

MN Billiards Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Shooters or Billiard Street could host these.

And don't forget;

Let's just say it's a $35-40 entry fee. Usually the room that hosts the tournament will take out about $10/player for table time. If you get 50 players there's your $500 added right there. The only thing it costs them then, even if they sell NO food or alcohol, is the wear & tear on the tables that probably are going to be rented out anyway because they have so many of them to start with.

Just my two cents. I also would like to see more tournaments like this locally. Back when CR's used to have the MPBA tournaments on the big table, they used to have 2-3 $4-500 added tournaments A MONTH during pool season.

Going out of town & having to get a hotel etc. is just too hard to break even unless you finish very high in the tournament. It would be nice if the local rooms (Shooter's, BSC, or CR's) would host more of these.

-Dave

Re: Shooters or Billiard Street could host these.

In reference to Ducks tourney I would say at least 25% of the field spent $80 to $100 on food and drinks.

How about a $1000 added at Biff's?

Does the $1000 added NYE Tournament at Biff's count? If you're looking for something soon try this one. It's coming up in just a few days. I still have a few spots open for preregistration. It's a great event and also has a lot of history. Give me a call if your interested.

Comfort Inn Northtown in Coon Rapids has offered a special rate of $67.50 for NYE night and I'll pick you up and bring you back so you don't have to worry about driving.

The only way I can beat that is let people sleep under the tables. :)

Dean