Return to Website

MN Billiards Discussion Board

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MNBILLIARDS.COM.  MNBILLIARDS.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR MATERIAL POSTED.

Posts of a commercial/promotional nature will be removed from the forum. This includes posts regarding sales of products, and event or business promotion. To advertise products, billiards events, and businesses on MNBilliards.com, please email eightball@mnbilliards.com for more information on our advertising products.

If you want to discuss shots, there is a really cool tool called a "Cue Table." It allows you to position balls on a table in order to set up shots. It requires a Macromedia Shockwave plug-in.

To check out the Cue Table Click here.

For instructions on how to use the Cue Table, Click here.

MN Billiards Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NO KAROKE

I don't play out of biffs but I wouldn't be able to stand that either! Atleast you get to play on diamond tables! Down here we get the LUXURY of playing on valley tables, with a new beer stain on them everyweek! Oh yea, the tables have not been leveled in a decade and have green cloth balls all over them!!!

Re: Re: NO KAROKE

Why don't you switch locations? There are a number of places on the south side with better equipment. Maybe not diamonds but better taken care of than having beer stains and balls that have never been cleaned.

Sorry "league player" for the audible aggravation. We do all kinds of events at Biff's and that Thursday we held a fundraiser for a customer who has brain cancer. It was a very "fun" event, which included Karaoke and raised several hundred dollars for medical expenses.

We have never had karaoke on Thursday nights before so there's no need to "do away with it". However, from time to time we will have special events and various promotions.

I did notice that about 20 to 25 league players stayed after leagues and enjoyed the “fun” atmosphere.

Dean

Kick ass karoke on thursday I am there

I don't know what pool fan was talking about. I just recovered all 20 of the Diamond tables at Biff's and there wasn't a single table with "beer stains" on it. As far as the balls being cleaned, I believe they have somebody do it a couple of times a week.

Martin the reply was to Primetime. Who I assume is playing out of Primetime. Since from times I have played there his description sounded spot on. The point was there are many places on the south side (his reference to down here) that have better equipment. That’s all.

Hey League Player, do you need a private room with sound/music of you choice in order to compete or what? Are you kidding? You call your self a league player?HAHAHA...That's funny! Biff's and most of the other halls around here are about the most pristine places there are to play out of (I do on Wednesdays at Biff's). But these places do have to try to pay to have the lights on and other entertainment might be going on...so get over it. These places are dying off quickly. Look how many just in the last half year or so (Q-Sharks & Whiskey Rack were 2 of the bigger ones but there were more also). The halls are having a tough time catering to the ice-water or soda pop drinking league players that just want to whine about something and still justify turning the lights on. Get over it. If that is too much of a distraction for you, you need to take up tidly winks or needle-point. Conditions are never perfect. Not even at big tourneys. So let them do what they have to or soon there will be a waiting list to shoot your league out of the 3/2 joint on the corner that has one 30 year old valley that you have to use their half cue to shoot on the one end by the juke box that only plays Patsy Cline and Eddie Arnold music.

I am sure Biff's is nothing like Doc's (WB Ave and 694) on a Tuesday night. They have Karoke equipment placed on the dance floor which just happens to be right next to the pool tables and the table we sit at.

Hey: I can listen to really bad koaroke (with a drink) and STILL do needlepoint pretty well.....

And because my pool game is barely adequate these days, I doubt that it would affect it either way....