Return to Website

MN Billiards Discussion Board

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MNBILLIARDS.COM.  MNBILLIARDS.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR MATERIAL POSTED.

Posts of a commercial/promotional nature will be removed from the forum. This includes posts regarding sales of products, and event or business promotion. To advertise products, billiards events, and businesses on MNBilliards.com, please email eightball@mnbilliards.com for more information on our advertising products.

If you want to discuss shots, there is a really cool tool called a "Cue Table." It allows you to position balls on a table in order to set up shots. It requires a Macromedia Shockwave plug-in.

To check out the Cue Table Click here.

For instructions on how to use the Cue Table, Click here.

MN Billiards Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Eagles Nest upsets me again. lol

Kenny - Quit taking your children to the bar. And it's none of your business what a bar owner wants to give their players. Have your team play out the Eagles Nest if you want the same benefits.

Eagles Nest - Don't be so cheap to the visiting team. At least give them a 2 for 1 halftime. Every other bar does at least that.

Ok, I hope that resolves everything. Have a nice day.

Re: Re: Eagles Nest upsets me again. lol

Thanks Ayman for clearing that all up for us. Nice to know I'll get a free drink or a 2 for 1 at the Nest now that Ayman solved the issue

You will never please everyone!

In my mind the Nest has taken care of the people "bringing the business.

1. diamond tables in a bar location.

2. paying 1/2 the weekly dues of their home teams. (home or away) I've personally seen checks to take care of 21 teams x $15 week x 14 weeks go to M8. ($4410.00) for one of three seasons.

3. The dues cover the non-drinkers also. why give a 2 for 1 to basically only the drinkers. The non-drinkers also support a atmosphere of a location. They eat while they are there. They make the place busy also. people tend to stay at locations with people there, that helps atmosphere. 2 for 1's give nothing to them.

4. To me its much safer for the location. They are not giving a "freebee" to a person that "may have had a few".

5. The under age thing I just can comment on or need to comment on. Its a bar!

6. I challenge a location to have the commitment like the Nest to their pool players to try equal the same benifits. (dont forget thats Hard cold cash they are giving) How many 2 for 1's do you need to give to equal that? remember thats home and away.

7. BTW, Kenny do you shoot out of Biffs or Pov's
I personally know that the water at Pov's on 65 is expensive. Back to the non-drinker issue.

8. The Nest in my mind is a non BS location. They dont "beat around the bush" Get it done, get the business in, take care of their home teams, make sure they dont want to leave. does not matter what league you play, what night you play, all the political crap is not involved! They want teams!

9. Cant disagree with the poll hall locations, it is a benifit to pay for table time and practice at the same cost, for the pool player that stays and takes advantage of that benifit.Eat those benifits up.

10. Every location has its advantages and disadvantages. Its all up to the player to choose where they want to shoot out of.

Cant see anything wrong with what they are doing.

Thank to all who have chimmed in, miss you guys, and Its pointless to point out things to people who beat around the bush. Anyone with common sense could see that what I have pointed out is a bar that only supports their own players, while all the other bars are supporting all players, Including yours.

And you Ayman, I dont need wiscony backing me up. lol Jk, but for the kids issue, my daughter was going on 18 when they would not let her in to watch me play. Of course its their right, and its my right to let everyone know so it doesnt happen to them.

WOW,

We all get that the NEST takes care of their teams but if you people would stick to the point/complaint Kenny had and that was they do nothing for the visiting teams which is their right they don't have to do anything for a visiting team but I don't think offering a 2 for 1 to the visiting team would bankrupt the NEST either. Kenny was just posting his issue with it which is his right.

It's also nice to hear that the NEST doesn't serve anyone more than just a few drinks to keep their location safe and everyone sober when they leave and drive away. That must be why a drink is $5.75 because their only going to sell you 3 of them before they cut you off. Give me a break, if I went in there they'd serve me until I ran out of money before they were worried about me driving away.

The under age thing, I could understand if the kids were 5 or something, but when your talking about a 17 or 18 year old, I don't see a problem with that. Make the age limit 15 and up with an adult, you don't have any drunks in there as it's such a safe location it shouldn't be a problem.

Once again we know the NEST takes care of their teams.

I am amazed to hear Rich take such a big stance on the non-drinkers of the world, are you feeling ok?
Seriously though, my Wednesday team has 1 drinker. My Tuesday team has 2 drinkers. My Thursday team ...well they drink to much.... I do believe this is one of the issues bars have had to deal with. Teammates getting PLASTERED off of their teammates 2-1 drink tickets---or worst yet 1 player drinking all the FREE halftimes. YES, it happens and this is a liability.

The east side crew absolutely tend to give free drinks away... This is not the norm across the metro, why some of the players think it is baffles me. I have played in just about every city in and around the metro and have never been flooded with free drinks--except in my east and south east divisions. Many other locations have treated us with absolutely nothing - even as a home team - while I have been served like a king in others, and I do mean like a king! I used to play out of a bar in northeast that gave both teams free food...they brought us what appeared to be an entire catoring service...would have cost the teams hundreds of dollars for what they serviced us. God, I'm hungry! Other locations love to sponsor teams for tournaments and I know of several teams that have 'held their locations up' for complete sponsorship of all dues, t-shirts, free half-time drinks, tournament entries etc...For 20 years I have played at a location in Crystal that has never given me anything.

Whatever the case, it really doesn't matter.
It is true about league locations charging players for water...that certainly is not as tasty as a $5 drink of schnapps
I believe what is important is that teams play where they feel welcomed.... Certainly we all want to be gracious hosts to visiting teams---but to me that means GOOD SERVICE.... nothing more. The bar does not profit from Kenny's league fees, the bar only gets X amount of the quarters that Kenny put in the table. The bar does get to enjoy Kenny's patronage and as Kenny stated- if he was not a league player he would have thought the bar was nice... Kenny does not get a free peppermint patty and Kenny is upset. The way of the world.

On another note... I cannot see the little code to post my message? Someone has now told me that may mean I have been barred from the site? Dean, is this true---or am I just having issues on my end?

Sincerely thirsty,
Jomama
or am I Rich? I get so confused...I know it is a league night, but what league and what night is it? Where do I play? Oh yeah, I play Rich---where should we take our business tonight? You are the home team at Steve O's but mentioned that you would like us to kick your ass at the Nest because of the 2-1 drinks on Wednesday... let me know so I can tell my crew....

Rack Em

And I hope to see a lot of friendly faces in Duluth next month!!!

Sorry he Blew up!

Yes, I feel like I blew up today.

Not you, that was an inside joke to me.

Sorry, Still feel like I blew up though. Maybe Joel will get a win today. He will probably dog me again. SLACKER!

Played as a visitor tonight at the Dive Bar. Enjoyed 2 for 1's because it was already in place, and then the bar offered up a free drink for all of us. I had to laugh because my friend was with, and they tried to give her a free drink even though she wasnt on the team. Cant wait to go back.

Re: Re: Re: Eagles Nest upsets me again. lol

ok Kenny, this is what ya do.

Have a big party at your house send invitations out to everyone including Rich. Buy a bunch of alcohol and hire a bartender and have an open bar, and then when Rich goes up to get a drink, charge himm $5.75 per drink to stick it to 'em! eye for an eye!

sure would be a bummer if he didnt show up though lol

Re: Re: Re: Re: Eagles Nest upsets me again. lol

No Kenny, this is what you do. Next time you play at the nest, you bring a flask with your peppermint schnapps and just order a glass of ice, which will cost you $2.00 and at half-time pour yourself a double

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Eagles Nest upsets me again. lol

Ok wait, I got an even better solution. Jomama, don't you advertise a free drink ticket if you play in the Monday night tournament at the Nest? So I'm not scheduled to play next Monday on my league night so I can go to the Nest, play in the tourney, get my free drink ticket and give it to Kenny so the next time he plays at the Nest he can get a free drink.

Sweet problem solved!!

Re: Re: Re: Eagles Nest upsets me again. lol

You friend should've taken the free drink, it would've helped ease the dis you got at the NEST

Somebody's on TILT! EAsy now!

Your all way too funny and makin my day. lol

I will only pay $5.50!!
BTW, Thanks for the sweep last night Jomama!!!!LOL

What is a sweep?

Sweep

A sweep is where Rich goes to his closet and pulls out the broom and wins everygame. The sad part is we had to spot Rich's team points and they beat us straight up! So while Rich was in the closet he pulled out the bags to help him sweep.

Then you have Rich give you a ride because the 2-1 drinks put you over the limit... Rich may say he will give you a ride to your car in the morning, but what he forgets to tell you is what morning he will be doing it...

Slacker!

And NO, we don't play each other tonight...THANK GOD!

$5.75 ??? Yikes !!!
If I'm spending $5.75 a beer..... somebody better be dancing with a pole nearby....!!

Ayman, I think you got your numbers wrong..

It was actaully $8.75 for a diet coke, and Kenny still had 3 of them.

Kenny?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/240/517201644_e5168ee19f.jpg

Looks like this.

Thats not for a beer.

Sorry about the ride Joel, completely forgot.

lmfao! classic!

A sweep is when you side bet with jomoma and win, then after he begs again to side bet (but you got to give him odds) you win again!

Or maybe it's putting in $20 in pull tabs, then winning $250.00!

I love the Nest!

Are you kidding me? Knock me down Mark Brown!
You ran off with my money and tab money?

It was a bad night...no wins to speak of that is why I wanted a little side action. I should have known to keep my money in my pocket...the pool gods were not watching over me.

If I only could have gotten your attention prior to that little girl beating you I would have won some of your pull tab money $$$$ lol

The ride was just an excuse for me to stay home and do homework...lol I could have got off my duff and walked the couple blocks if I really wanted my car

I think your money is even a bit sweeter than tab money.

And as far as letting that young lady beat me, she plays better than me.

I have been meaning to talk to you about my rating. Me thinks it should be adjusted downward.

Thanks Dax,
Hopefully we will see you at the tourney again sometime. Good luck to you and the wife at MOMA.