Return to Website

MN Billiards Discussion Board

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MNBILLIARDS.COM.  MNBILLIARDS.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR MATERIAL POSTED.

Posts of a commercial/promotional nature will be removed from the forum. This includes posts regarding sales of products, and event or business promotion. To advertise products, billiards events, and businesses on MNBilliards.com, please email eightball@mnbilliards.com for more information on our advertising products.

If you want to discuss shots, there is a really cool tool called a "Cue Table." It allows you to position balls on a table in order to set up shots. It requires a Macromedia Shockwave plug-in.

To check out the Cue Table Click here.

For instructions on how to use the Cue Table, Click here.

MN Billiards Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Our Friend Russ Murphy

Wow... Very sad news...

Russ was kind of an icon at Shooters... The last time I talked to him was maybe a month or so ago, he was telling me all about how he donated turkeys every year at Thanksgiving to less fortunate people, and I don't mean a few - THOUSANDS of dollars worth. He was telling me about how he gets his grand kids involved and they have such a great time while learning such a valuable lesson... It was the longest period of time I had talked to Russ in many years, and I'm glad I did!

Here's a link to his story and a video...

Russ Murphy & family on Kare 11

My thoughts are with Russ' family... So sorry for your loss of a great husband - father - grandfather - friend.

He will be dearly missed!

Re: Re: Our Friend Russ Murphy

So very sad to hear of this loss.

I met Russ about 1 year ago when he started playing leagues with us, I did not know Russ very well but I'm touched by his Thanksgiving story and feel a personal loss by not knowing Russ better.

GOD BLESS YOU RUSS!

Our prayers go out to the Murphy family.

Wow ... sad day for pool....

I new russ pretty well and never herd about his turkey deal! that to me is amazing!

I have been comming to shooters for well over 10 years and russ was a part of it.Im going to miss russ. He was always good for a story or something he had to show you he made/had.

russ always played on the same table.It would be cool to name that table in his remeberance.

Re: Re: Our Friend Russ Murphy

Russ was one of the first people I met when I moved to MN and he was a great guy. I knew about his turkey give aways and had a lot of respect for his enormous generosity. I have many "Murphy" cue holders at Biff's and I know they are all over the country. The name Murphy will certainly live on for years to come in more ways than one. My prayers and thoughts are with his family.

Dean Bradley

Visitation and Funeral information

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/russmurphy

That's sad, Russ and I were planning on playing some once pocket. Over the years I've seen him and when I was little he would show me a thing or too. He's a nice guy who loved pool probably more than any of us.
Tim Jr.

also to what Dean said about the Murphy cues at biffs, well I too have a pool stick that my grandpa bought from russ, after my grandpa died he gave it to me (It's a Meucci)

Russ was always the one to tell me he was not playing, but always ened up on the roster full time.

I agree with Tim Jr.'s comment "Russ loved the game probably more than any of us"

jomama