Return to Website

MN Billiards Discussion Board

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MNBILLIARDS.COM.  MNBILLIARDS.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR MATERIAL POSTED.

Posts of a commercial/promotional nature will be removed from the forum. This includes posts regarding sales of products, and event or business promotion. To advertise products, billiards events, and businesses on MNBilliards.com, please email eightball@mnbilliards.com for more information on our advertising products.

If you want to discuss shots, there is a really cool tool called a "Cue Table." It allows you to position balls on a table in order to set up shots. It requires a Macromedia Shockwave plug-in.

To check out the Cue Table Click here.

For instructions on how to use the Cue Table, Click here.

MN Billiards Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Posting under someone else's name - Doug read this please

I don't know who did it, but someone posted something in the MOMA thread aimed at Doug saying "good riddance" using Wayne Herron's name. This was NOT posted by Wayne, Wayne called me today and he's very upset that someone did this. He was in Duluth at the time, running the tournament and did not have internet access.

This is NOT ok! It's childish and immature. Also cowardly. If you have something to say, say it and sign your name to it! How old are we that we have to hide behind fake names? Seriously... If you can't sign your name then you must not be confident in your words - therefore save your keystrokes and DON'T POST IT!!

It's one thing to post anonymously, but completely another to use someone else's name. I feel sorry for this person - you must live a sad, lonely life to resort to such antics. It's really too bad...

But - my main reason for this post was to tell Doug that Wayne called me because he DID NOT post that, and he asked me to relay that to you, and to find out who DID post it if possible.

He was very sincere, and I know he would never do or say anything like that - he's very appreciative and respectful of the players. He simply LOVES the sport of pool.

Thank you Wayne for working your A$$ off yet another year! I had a great time, even though I played like a beginner!

I'll have the photos (ALL 800+ of them...UGH!) posted ASAP.

If you haven't yet, please check out my photography site here: toni4ball photography

I'll be getting away (eventually) from the Kodak Gallery, and will be posting all pix on my site.

Thanks everyone!

Re: Posting under someone else's name - Doug read this please

Well Said Toni

Some people should be ashamed of themselves. Wayne did a good job running it this year and has in the past. I don't always like everything either but it's hard to complain with the economy the way it is. If people want more payout then maybe there should be some talk about Cutting off the payouts past 32nd place. I for one know that if I play well then I'd like to see a good return but if I don't play so well then I don't believe I should see 70 dollars in my pocket for that 60th place finishing. Also it would be cool to see some kind of a green fee instead of quarters. Maybe Wayne could have some type of submittance on his website where players could post ideas on how to make the tournament better. Not complaining about this and that.

Have fun. Play well. And Good Luck!

Wayne / Doug / Toni

Unless it's a public computer, and an amazing coincidence...Here's your culprit.....

Benny
IP: 68.117.70.199

Sep 24th, 2008 - 4:37 PM Re: Now Online Fantasy Pool!

How many posts are you going to make about this?

Benny

Sep 16th, 2008 - 5:28 PM Re: Your opinion on best one pocket players...

I asked Voeller the other night and he said that Beau would beat him playing even one hole.

Benny

Sep 16th, 2008 - 6:16 PM no ****

This was a post about players at Shooter's.

I don't think Jesse or Larry would want to play Efren even.

Benny

Sep 17th, 2008 - 2:23 AM lol

The post asked who was the best from a list of players.

Larry would NOT play Efren even one pocket for big money.

subject: action at Jimmy's tonight
Benny 310 1 Sep 16, 08 - 10:16 PM

Benny

Sep 16, 08 - 6:21 PM action at Jimmy's tonight

Jimmy, Beau, Tony H, Dan V going to be playing a ring game or partners one pocket in about 1 hour.

Re: Wayne / Doug / Toni

lol Busted. Nice work Ayman, or should we call you Sherlock from now on?

Re: Wayne / Doug / Toni

I should have probably added the post that was written under Wayne's name...

Wayne Herron

Feb 11th, 2009 - 12:40 PM Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MOMA start times

It seems every year it's the same people complaining. You are always included in that group Doug. I say good riddance to you, I don't need the headache any longer.

Re: m.o.m.a payouts???????

Way to go Ayman!
Whoever this "Benny" is (and I am betting he's one of the young punks from shooters that has had his a#$ kicked by Doug before) should be publicly humiliated and mocked for time to come. What a JERK!!!

As far as MOMA goes, I got a room at the Radisson under the MOMA block for $76.00 per night (Thurs, Fri, & Sat) which I think was a very reasonable deal. You just have to plan ahead. You will get screwed if you wait til the last minute for ANYTHING!

As far as the tourney, I shot horrible but had a great time! Well done Wayne & crew! I know the entries were down and will probably be down until the economy comes back. The only suggestion I would make is to not pay back so far in the field! I think in team A you only had to win like 3 matches to get in the money which was paying about half the field. I would say for instance in A there was an $11000.00 + prize pool and they only paid 1st like 11 or 12 hundred because 32nd was getting a hundred bucks or something. Pay the top 5 or 6 the bulk and call it good when there is only a 60 team field.

Young punks from Shooters? I for one enjoy having Doug at the tournaments, he's a class act and a fun competitor. I'm pretty sure no one else down there holds a grudge towards him for any reason.

About MOMA, I think Wayne said they were down like 30 teams from the year before, that would make some sense from the payouts to be lower then the year before. My biggest gripe is if we're paying $1.50 a game, could we at least get the same kind of balls in a rack. Most of the tables in the back room had 2 different kinds of sets in the 15 balls and that makes it just a tad bit hard to make sure they rack tight. The front room was good, but boy did that back room suck.

Re: Re: m.o.m.a payouts???????

Just wanted to say thanks to Toni for relaying the message! Thanks Aymon for the research, I should have looked at the 2 different IP addresses. Yes Kris I hold no grudges against you (young punks) at Shooters. Your not even young! See you at BCA in a few

Singles were down this year from 739 to 684 from last year. Teams were down from 280 to 256. Since payouts were weak for the higher placed teams/singles, maybe you should have to win another match or two to get in the money. The players/teams that do the best should get rewarded.

Not picking sides, but i know for a fact no vender is profiting from this event. Payouts are what they are based on entries. It is simple math. if you want larger payouts let's go back to two divisions. having 8 or 9 divisions is crazy.
I think $1.50 tables are high. players play leagues all season, i think it would be nice to see a brake on rates for state tournaments.
erik

Alan hit this thread directly... Players take note on what you are complaing about. This tournament is something that is given to you, the MOMA Association does not make money off of this event.

Wayne, hats off to a smoothly run event that keep players playing on time and the extreme hours you put forth in running this massive event!

This event is about pride as much as anything! Congrats to the youngsters Jared and Ross for holding their own and taking the Masters division. What a match versus Ty and crew. I Feel Wayne made a great choice on having this match played at primetime....there were loads of players watching this great match - they would have been gone Sunday morning and it would have been a quiet victory. I am sure the boys had fun winning their title Saturday night!!!

MOMA is the States longest running event - let us give thanks where thanks is due.