Return to Website

MN Billiards Discussion Board

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MNBILLIARDS.COM.  MNBILLIARDS.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR MATERIAL POSTED.

Posts of a commercial/promotional nature will be removed from the forum. This includes posts regarding sales of products, and event or business promotion. To advertise products, billiards events, and businesses on MNBilliards.com, please email eightball@mnbilliards.com for more information on our advertising products.

If you want to discuss shots, there is a really cool tool called a "Cue Table." It allows you to position balls on a table in order to set up shots. It requires a Macromedia Shockwave plug-in.

To check out the Cue Table Click here.

For instructions on how to use the Cue Table, Click here.

MN Billiards Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: m.o.m.a payouts???????

Just wanted to say thanks to Toni for relaying the message! Thanks Aymon for the research, I should have looked at the 2 different IP addresses. Yes Kris I hold no grudges against you (young punks) at Shooters. Your not even young! See you at BCA in a few

Re: m.o.m.a payouts???????

Singles were down this year from 739 to 684 from last year. Teams were down from 280 to 256. Since payouts were weak for the higher placed teams/singles, maybe you should have to win another match or two to get in the money. The players/teams that do the best should get rewarded.

Not picking sides, but i know for a fact no vender is profiting from this event. Payouts are what they are based on entries. It is simple math. if you want larger payouts let's go back to two divisions. having 8 or 9 divisions is crazy.
I think $1.50 tables are high. players play leagues all season, i think it would be nice to see a brake on rates for state tournaments.
erik

Alan hit this thread directly... Players take note on what you are complaing about. This tournament is something that is given to you, the MOMA Association does not make money off of this event.

Wayne, hats off to a smoothly run event that keep players playing on time and the extreme hours you put forth in running this massive event!

This event is about pride as much as anything! Congrats to the youngsters Jared and Ross for holding their own and taking the Masters division. What a match versus Ty and crew. I Feel Wayne made a great choice on having this match played at primetime....there were loads of players watching this great match - they would have been gone Sunday morning and it would have been a quiet victory. I am sure the boys had fun winning their title Saturday night!!!

MOMA is the States longest running event - let us give thanks where thanks is due.