Return to Website

MN Billiards Discussion Board

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MNBILLIARDS.COM.  MNBILLIARDS.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR MATERIAL POSTED.

Posts of a commercial/promotional nature will be removed from the forum. This includes posts regarding sales of products, and event or business promotion. To advertise products, billiards events, and businesses on MNBilliards.com, please email eightball@mnbilliards.com for more information on our advertising products.

If you want to discuss shots, there is a really cool tool called a "Cue Table." It allows you to position balls on a table in order to set up shots. It requires a Macromedia Shockwave plug-in.

To check out the Cue Table Click here.

For instructions on how to use the Cue Table, Click here.

MN Billiards Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: M8 doing well

Debby,

I know it's a business and a business is going to make money or they wouldn't be in business. My point which curious got was that the announcement came after it was too late to play 3 seasons for teams that don't play year round to begin with. Also if M8 is announcing payments of $10,000 for each division they have that amount and enough to cover the other payouts and all the operating expenses or M8 was risking going belly up or they knew they would never have to payout the $30,000 to begin with.

My intention wasn't to start a thread of slamming Shaun, but to get the players that make up M8 say hey, if we're paying in enough to offer $10,000 per division than pay it our regardless of the seasons played.

Re: M8 doing well

Dan, I do not think they are taking a chance at increasing the possible payout to Advanced and T/C Masters, the money is there. Shaun is just putting more potential profit at risk and that is his choice, he has the money.
According to the stats available on the M8 website for the current winter season (granted winter is probably the biggest season or very close to the fall season and there is a huge drop in summer which he wants to change)there are 203 Open Teams, 228 Advanced teams (excluding the Florida teams) and 63 teams in Triple Crown and Masters combined. So let's do some quick math for this season only and excluding the annual dues ($15.00 per head) all rostered players pay around Jan 1.

Open: 203 Teams X $35.00 each night = $7105.00 per WEEK X 14 Week Season (7105.00 X 14)= $99,470.00

Advanced: 228 Teams X $35.00 per night = $7980.00 per WEEK X 14 week season ($7980.00 X 14) = $111,720.00

Triple Crown / Masters: 63 Teams X $35.00 per night = $2205.00 per week X 14 week season ($2205.00 X 14)= $30,870.00

That means that this season alone he will take in (give or take some for dead beats and drop outs) $242,060.00. I also know that there will be an end of season tourney for each division that pays $2500.00 to the champs and $1500.00 to the consolation champs for each of the 3 divisions so say in total he pays $30,000, there is still over 200G to work with for the rest of the year and if he chooses to kick a little more or risk a little more of his margin to the Annual tournet to encourage more of us dummys to shoot in the summer like we both do, well then Kudos to him! i say thanks Shaun!

Re: Re: M8 doing well

Hopefully the ladies of M8 (Nine, Carol, Kim, etc...) get a big bonus for all their hard work. They are the ones behind the scene (and sometimes on the front lines) who field our questions and solve our problems. Hats Off to the M8 staff for working your butts off all weekend long - Long hours!!! Take care. John Stich

Re: M8 doing well

I'll second that only I think it was more like all month long!