Return to Website

MN Billiards Discussion Board

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MNBILLIARDS.COM.  MNBILLIARDS.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR MATERIAL POSTED.

Posts of a commercial/promotional nature will be removed from the forum. This includes posts regarding sales of products, and event or business promotion. To advertise products, billiards events, and businesses on MNBilliards.com, please email eightball@mnbilliards.com for more information on our advertising products.

If you want to discuss shots, there is a really cool tool called a "Cue Table." It allows you to position balls on a table in order to set up shots. It requires a Macromedia Shockwave plug-in.

To check out the Cue Table Click here.

For instructions on how to use the Cue Table, Click here.

MN Billiards Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sandbaggers

I've been on these ranking committees, you have to set a percentage to move up, you can't go by people not playing their best to stay in a lower division if it's only heresay.

People have a lot of funny ideas about placement, it's really a nightmare. If someone wanted to pay someone for a fulltime job, you could probably catch these people by looking at all events, team, singles, league, etc., but no one has that time.

And I'm not offering an opinion on who you mentioned, I personally don't know him or his ability.

But believe me, this ranking thing is a nightmare.

Re: Re: Sandbaggers

move it all back to open and masters and be done with it

I think that the ACS, MTA, MOMA, M8, and all the others should combine lists for player rankings. Should be just one list for everything or one website for those rankings. Have a form in which player names can be submitted and checked out by there appropriate vendor. On another note, I also think that a lot of teams are not playing singles just so they can play in the lowest division in team. I've seen this on many occasions as well. I think that all players on the team that place within the means to get bumped up for team should also show on for singles. I've seen some of the same teams go year after year in the same division picking up another one or two good players and playing and then winning again. If they all got moved to the next division singles wise then there would be any of these issues as well.
Thought?

Hi All

I guess I will apoligize for mentioning names in this post. I just feel that players should do there best and play where appropriate. If they are telling me one thing and then doing another thats another thing.

First off, that guy would have to be a complete idiot to get 17th every year. What it will boils down to, why complain, he isn't making any money. So that is his choice. So this guy is losing money every year to shoot good and finish in a spot not to be able to move up nor make money. PURE GENIUS.

It is much worse in team. The same group of people each year divide up and gun for lower brackets. I don't get it. All to win maybe $300-400 each and get a worthless plaque that says you might win AA? Big accomplishment.

I am all for the Masters and the Open. Take all the added money and put it in the Masters. That will give you a fire to either play there or get better and play there. The open will still have plenty of money to be won without added money as there will be an army and a half of players in it and still a small Masters field. There is truly no reason to get better except the fact of satisfaction for yourself.

Re: Re: Re: Sandbaggers

Josh,

All the money goes to the Masters divisions the way it is now, so no need to have just 2 divisions. After ACS this weekend I've decided to play in the master team bracket from now on since my money goes there anyway.I might as well play in it and have a chance at the most money. 43 teams in "B" $1200 for first, 6 team in masters and $1740 for first, so at least if I play masters next time only have to get by a couple teams rather than 40 and if we lose we at least lose to people that can play good.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sandbaggers

Good idea. Sounds like you are having trouble in the B division, I'm sure your team will do much better in the Masters. Maybe next year you can become a board member for ACS and run it right.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sandbaggers

First of all the entry fee stays in the division that it went to!!!!!
The added money is put into each division.
masters get a percentage, then AA gets a percentage and down to the weaker players.
if you want to get into the better money, learn to play better.
I for one am a B player. and wish i had the time to play better. The masters players PAY MORE to play than the B players. The B division payed out more than the masters division because there were more players.

what a pile of candy asses, be nice if people would quit whining

must be 1 of the sandbaggers

Re: Re: Re: Sandbaggers

lmao yeah I am a super stong C player or a weak B player if they get a D division I will play that and only then will I be considered a sandbagger

Sandbaggers

I totally agree with the idea to have one list. To me, it makes no sense how someone can be an "A" player on one list and a Master player on another?? The lists should be combined between states too, WI and MN players should be on both lists. I understand that this may be very difficult to maintain and is probably the reason it isn't done like this currently.

I do applaud the people that take on this challenging task year after year of ranking all of the players and maintaining a ranking list. They may miss a few players, but in the long run they do a fantastic job.

No money, no pride, decline in participation, no reason to get better = state pool tournament! Agree with Josh two divisions = no more sandbagging and a lot of excitement for the players and the fans! Its time for the players to step up including JJ (DH)! We're still not talking about big money maybe $5000 first in the masters and maybe $3000 in the open, with a trophy that means something instead of multiple div champions. I think players and the fans would come out of the woodwork!