Return to Website

Observation Squadron Sixty Seven
VO-67

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Observation Squadron Sixty Seven
VO-67
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Paul Lloyd Milius

To anyone that can tell me more... about PAUL LLOYD MILIUS of Waverly, Iowa.

My name is Garry L. Brandenburg also of Waverly, Iowa. I'm curious about Capt. Milius, who was declared missing in action in 1973 from an aircraft incident He flew and was lost on 27 Feb, 1968.

I knew Paul through our local 4-H clubs in Bremer County, Iowa. After my high school senior year (1963), I enlisted in the USAF and served Aug 63 to Aug 67. I went on to college at Iowa State.

During a vacation in the 80's ( I think), at Washington, DC, I stopped by a veterans booth on the mall and found a name I knew. I purchased a wrist braclet inscribed with the name" Capt. Paul L. Milius, USN 27 Feb 68 Loas. The blue printed info sheet told of Paul and his crew's mission with the Neptune.

I'm just wondering if anything more is known about Capt. Milius that you could share. I do have newspaper articles about him from his hometown newspapers dated July 27, 1995 and another dated October 26, 1995 which tells of the Aegis Destroyer christed 'Milius'.

I'm a member of TLC....Thailand, Loas, Cambodia Brotherhood.

Thanks in advance.

Garry L. Brandenburg
206 South St. E
PO Box 96
Albion, IA 50005
brandegb@netins.net

Re: Paul Lloyd Milius

Hi Garry,

I have sent e-mails to several family members of Paul Milius informing them of your post on the VO-67 web site. We do not give out our Squadron members or family members e-maill address's as a matter of policy. Perhaps you would like to attend this summers VO-67 reunion in Sandy Eggo. All interested persons of VO-67 history are welcome. The USS Milius will be in port and we will be visiting the ship as part of our reunion activities. The ship is outstanding. We will be presenting the ship a scale model of Paul's Aircraft, MR-7. Several of the Milius crew will also be attending our banquet. Reunion information can be found on the VO-67 web site under reunions( 2005). Several of our shipmates are also members of the TLC including myself.

Bob Reynolds
VO-67 Association President

Re: Paul Lloyd Milius

I too have Capt. Milius' POW bracelet and have been wearing since aprx 1990 after a visit to the Vietnam War Memorial where I made a donation and received the bracelet. I actually wore out the first bracelet I had and upon a return trip to DC purchased another which I wear to this day.

While I did not know Captian Milius personally, I have become rather attached to him and will wear his bracelet in his honor for his dedication and service to this great country. I have researched him and found his story to be very inspirational as his dedication, service, and heroism are evident. I teach American history at the Boulder Creek High School and i am often asked what my bracelet symbolizes and why I wear it. I honor Captain Milius and tell his story each and every time. This happens out of school often as well. Please pass my regards and sympathies to his family, but also let them know that I will steadfastly tell his story each and every time I am asked about the silver bracelet bearing his name on my wrist. He and his service will never be forgotten.

Thanks,

Chris Pondy