Return to Website

Observation Squadron Sixty Seven
VO-67

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Observation Squadron Sixty Seven
VO-67
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2005 Reunion Thanks

Greetings,

It is going to take me a little time to get back into the groove after such a great get together. Seeing all the guys again, some for the first time in 37 years was great. I have lots to post on our web site and many items of Association business to complete. I just wanted to thank the reunion committee without whom this outstanding reunion would not have taken place. Mansour and Lisa Salahu-Din, Don and Sheila Sehorn, Corie Squires, and my wife Sharon all did an outstanding job in the planning and execution of this fourth VO-67 reunion. Thanks to Ron Velho and his band of volunteers in tending the hospitality room. Special thanks to John Dunham, VO-67 association member, for all his hard work in moving the Archives back to the Oceanside storage area, about 4 hours, so that I could spend some time with my shipmates and not worry.
If I offended anyone, I am sorry. I tend to get a little crazy trying to get things to turn out Okay.
Don, as usual did a great job as MC. Thanks to all committee chairman who have helped me this last two years during my term as Association President. Thanks to Bill Rutledge for his contribution to the silver enlisted “Combat Aircrew Wing “program and to Bob Bessey for getting all the affidavits completed.
All in all things went very smooth. Congrats to all the new Association Officers. I will be contacting you soon and making the announcements on the web page and e-mail list.

On behalf of the reunion committee, Thanks for attending. It was an honor to provide a place where everyone could gather.

Bob Reynolds
VO-67 Association President

Re: 2005 Reunion Thanks

BOB, thanks for your kind comments on my contribution in helping get the COMBAT AIRCREW WINGS, Kerry BIGNALL deserves the Credit, togather We started this some time back,,but i was just an advisor with input on the procedures, Bignall did the rest

2005 Reunion Thanks

This was the best of 4 reunions we have had based on numbers and the trip to the USS Milius (DDG-69). The other reunions were also the best for different reasons. Bob Reynolds (and his family) and the other members of the Association did fantastic job of putting it together.

As I said at the banquet, I had nothing to say when Bob gave me the "LYNCHPIN AWARD". Only P2 people would understand what it was and what it would mean to me. It was a great AWARD and I feel very fortunate to have received the Award. I intend to continue looking for the last 31 "MISSING SHIPMATES". For those who have not seen it, contact me and I will be glad to forward a photo of my VO-67 wall which has the Award there now.

Alex