Return to Website

Observation Squadron Sixty Seven
VO-67

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Observation Squadron Sixty Seven
VO-67
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: VO-67 Awarded the Presidential Unit Citation

Congratulations to you all... you deserve all that this will bring. And please... someone send my dad a pair of Depends... he's so happy he is about to pee himself! Good on 'ya

Re: Re: Re: VO-67 Awarded the Presidential Unit Citation

Thanks guys! I had no clue that we were given any awards, and the original poster mentioned we had a unit citation? Is this correct? And if so, am I eligible to wear that unit citation?

Thanks again for the great work guys!

P.S. Alexander, do you need an order of Depends too? Mine are already on the way... haha!

- Whitey

Re: Re: Re: Re: VO-67 Awarded the Presidential Unit Citation

In answer to "Whitey" , everyone who was in the squadron at any time is allowed to wear the Presidential Unit Commendation ribbon. As shown on the website, it goes to the top since it is equal to the Navy Cross.

Alex8

Re: VO-67 Awarded the Presidential Unit Citation

Great news! Thanks to all of you who worked so hard, esp. Kerry & Alex. What great timing as well, to coincide in time for the 2009 reunion. What else could be more perfect than to have the 2009 reunion in DC for the presentation of the award.

Re: VO-67 Awarded the Presidential Unit Citation

Congratulations VO-67 on receiving the Presidential Unit Citation after all these years! As an ex Navy man I believe in giving credit where credit is due. I believe at this time proper credit should be given to the individuals whose hard work, unselfish dedication, and steadfast determination accomplished this unprecedented feat. The following individuals Kerry and Maxine Bignall with the advisement of CDR A.G. Alexander and the support of U.S. Congressman Bill Sali (R-ID) and his office were the main spearheads of this action for 5 long years. Special thanks go to Josh Callihan (USMC), congressional aide to Bill Sali. Without his belief and support this would not have been possible. Respectfully, R. Bignall (USN)

Re: Re: VO-67 Awarded the Presidential Unit Citation

Well put Big nalls JR. i myself am surprised at the lack of postings from the VO 67 Os /Es for such an outstanding event. This should be written up and placed in every Military and Historical Magazine available to further the History of VO 67. Navy TImes, Wings of Gold, Navy Historical, Tailhook, Approach, just to name a few.